Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        President Trump

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: President Trump

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-07-2020 04:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Yes... It's that bad.

I should qualify that by saying, if something better doesn't come along.

if by "better" you mean "republican" then obviously nothing "better" is going to come along and you know that, which means you're settling for the useless incompetent fathead you're used to instead of taking a punt on someone who is certainly far from ideal but has to be worth a shot (and can't possibly be worse)

you are literally the reason America is fucked :alert:

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 08-07-2020 08:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
YourGrandpa wrote:
Yes... It's that bad.

I should qualify that by saying, if something better doesn't come along.

if by "better" you mean "republican" then obviously nothing "better" is going to come along and you know that, which means you're settling for the useless incompetent fathead you're used to instead of taking a punt on someone who is certainly far from ideal but has to be worth a shot (and can't possibly be worse)

silly seremtan. you're reading the graphs wrong. gwamps is the reason that America is so great.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 08-07-2020 09:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

By better I mean, truly better. I'm not a Republicunt or a Dumbocant. I'm not sure how anyone can say they are voting for Biden. They're only voting against Trump. Because we don't even know who his VP is going to be and that's really who they'd be voting for. There's even speculation that Biden is becoming so much of a concern that the DNC may pull him. Besides, I'm really not a fan of how the Democrats are catering to the extreme left and their active involvement in the destruction of our country while attempting to unseat a duly elected president. I'd much rather see the return of a booming economy, law and order, and our troops from the middle east.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-07-2020 01:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fucking hell YGP, you're seriously delusional.

Has Trump brought you a booming economy, law & order and withdrawal of troops? Maybe if your definition of a booming economy is extremely high unemployment rates with people being evicted from their homes and your definition of law & order is unmarked federal troops arresting people on a whim.

Also, you complain about people voting for Biden when really they are voting against Trump but yet a few pages back in this very discussion you talked about voting for Trump to make a statement against the DNC. You can't have your cake and eat it too, Dumbo.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 08-07-2020 03:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I know your bias is a debilitating mental handicap. But I'm sure if you re-read you'll clearly see I said "return of". You have to be familiar with how things were before Covid 19 and George Floyd, neither of which were Trumps fault.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 08-07-2020 06:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hold up, checking in with jimmy, krystal & emily, or dmt mma guy to see if i’m woke enough on the latest Biden stuttering scandal.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-07-2020 06:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
I know your bias is a debilitating mental handicap. But I'm sure if you re-read you'll clearly see I said "return of". You have to be familiar with how things were before Covid 19 and George Floyd, neither of which were Trumps fault.

lol, aw yes, if we could just go back to before George Floyd, we’d be so much more better off...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-07-2020 10:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

What are you babbling about? Those things weren't caused by Trump, but the way he handled them is just fucking horrifying.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-08-2020 05:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Someone just ban gramps now... K thx...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-08-2020 09:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Xi wants to recreate the Middle Kingdom, Erdogan wants to rebuild the Ottoman empire, and Putin wants the USSR back. all three have already made a start on these projects, before our eyes

seems like a strange time to want troops out of the ME and Europe but ok Mr Geopolitics :|

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 08-08-2020 12:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
What are you babbling about? Those things weren't caused by Trump, but the way he handled them is just fucking horrifying.

What about the governors? Last I checked they are the ones responsible for their states. Though I do remember the Dumbocrats calling Trump a xenophobe and encouraging people to go into China Town and hug Chinese people when he placed travel restrictions on China. I'm sure that just conveniently slipped your mind. :rolleyes:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-08-2020 01:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Governors can't control what the president does and he generally endorses whatever the worst possible scenario could potentially be. Like you know, ingesting toxic chemicals to "clean your insides"...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 08-08-2020 03:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Every man for himself, its called personal responsibility Kracus. Its not United States, its Red vs Blue States. Why the fuck would we want a unified plan when we can make it a 50 part plan and politicize it and ask for favors?

also

Jared Kushner scrapped national coronavirus strategy in political move to blame governors of Democrat states hit hardest, report claims
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 48831.html

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 08-09-2020 06:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It is red vs blue and it's a shame. Even worse, you still have idiots trying to blame someone from the other side as they refuse to acknowledge the corruption in their own party. You've been successfully brainwashed if you claim a D or an R.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-09-2020 07:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So it's just everyone is corrupt so I'll just vote Trump?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-09-2020 08:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
It is red vs blue and it's a shame. Even worse, you still have idiots trying to blame someone from the other side as they refuse to acknowledge the corruption in their own party. You've been successfully brainwashed if you claim a D or an R.

Incoherent babbling... Wtf, ban this idiot...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 08-09-2020 09:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He means its fair for him to vote for the republican candidate and not be labeled a republican but if you vote for the dem candidate you’re brainwashed and a corrupt dumbocrat.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 08-09-2020 09:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LOL. Backwards rational.

I think both party candidates are bad. But I truly don't want what Biden represents and I have no other choice. And to clarify, since your type loves to twist words. I said, "You've been successfully brainwashed if you claim a D or an R." You can vote for whoever you want.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-09-2020 09:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So I’m guessing Gramps is registered no party, “independent “, since he doesn’t claim a D or R? I highly doubt it...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-09-2020 10:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

I think.

No u don't... Ur a fucking moron...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-09-2020 01:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

I think both party candidates are bad. But I truly don't want what Biden represents and I have no other choice.

But you are okay with what Trump represents? (The lying, the incompetence, the collusion with foreign governments, the flirting with white supremacists, etc, etc)

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-09-2020 03:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you forgot to mention profound stupidity on an epic scale

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-10-2020 04:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I could deal with his stupidity if it wasn't for his blatant destruction of America's democracy. That's what I don't get about Gramps, oh no Biden is soooo bad I hate his policies. But yeah, I'll vote for the guy who's literally dismantling democracy one step at a time cause I'd prefer that. Like what exactly is Biden doing that Gramps disagree's with so vehemently that he'd rather vote for that?

I'd rather have the racist rapist who doesn't care about american troops who wants to turn the US into a dictatorship over the other guy cause the other guy wants what exactly? What is it about Biden's policies that are so much worse? I don't fucking get it and I don't he does either. It's obvious he's just burying his head in the sand and isn't looking at this objectively whatsoever. Sorry gramps but you're an absolute tool.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-10-2020 05:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Part of Trump's presidency campaigns, both 2016 and 2020 is a smear campaign against the opposition. Hillary wasn't nearly as bad as lots of people make her out to be and the same is true for Biden. Gramps is one of those people who gobble up that nonsense.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-10-2020 06:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

But Benghazi! And her emails!...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-10-2020 07:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Part of Trump's presidency campaigns, both 2016 and 2020 is a smear campaign against the opposition. Hillary wasn't nearly as bad as lots of people make her out to be and the same is true for Biden. Gramps is one of those people who gobble up that nonsense.

Yeah I'm not actually buying that excuse anymore. I think these people are just straight up racists that want to watch the world burn. It's all ha ha look at democrats being upset until you have gestapos and gas chambers then it's all like "Oh noes we didn't know that was happening!" With their hands up in the air like this wasn't entirely preventable and they weren't a part of it step for step the whole time they were being told about it. Mark my words, Trump WILL try to win this election by cheating and if he loses he won't go willingly if at all and Americans literally have no one else to blame but themselves over the fall of America. The future looks so bleak and the best part about it is his kids will pay the price.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-10-2020 08:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You guys are forgetting, Gramps doesn’t see the same information and news articles that you see. He sees everything Facebook shovels his way. And yes, it’s still his fault for teaching the algorithm the type of information he likes. But I guarantee you, his feed is full of like minded people spewing the same shit Gramps is spewing. And the algorithm feeds Gramps the same articles his friends are reading.

Don’t get me wrong. Gramps is dumber than a bag of hammers. But the people of the U.S. aren’t as dumb and crazy as you Euros (and others) think. We are being manipulated by Russia. Attacked on a daily basis to cause chaos and division. And I’m sure Russia is targeting other countries. But not to the extent of the U.S. attacks.

Sure, you can just call us dumb and crazy. But you’re not seeing what we’re seeing. We’re seeing what Russia wants us to see. And it’s tearing us apart. I think we’ll be ok, but we first have to admit that Russia is a problem. And recognize the manipulation.

https://www.rand.org/blog/2020/07/how-y ... icans.html

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-10-2020 10:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"muh russia"

i don't doubt that the russians (and others) are trying to influence elections in other countries to their own advantage, but do we actually know how effective this is? has it been measured at all? can russki propaganda be traced as the cause of people's beliefs (or a causal factor)?

the reason i ask is these election-influencing games are simply marketing, no different from the marketing done for products and services. as someone who actually works in marketing i can tell you it's harder than you think to work out why someone bought what you were selling.

for instance, suppose a bunch of people click on a FB link to a story about how Biden is a secret communist who wants to turn your kids trans, and then it turns out that 85% of those people went on to vote for Trump. did they vote for Trump (or become more likely to vote for Trump) because of the story, or were they already going to vote for Trump and clicked on the link because it sounded like a story that confirmed their existing worldview?

last touch attribution is an imperfect means of measuring marketing effectiveness, just saying

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 08-10-2020 10:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
"muh russia"

i don't doubt that the russians (and others) are trying to influence elections in other countries to their own advantage, but do we actually know how effective this is? has it been measured at all? can russki propaganda be traced as the cause of people's beliefs (or a causal factor)?

the reason i ask is these election-influencing games are simply marketing, no different from the marketing done for products and services. as someone who actually works in marketing i can tell you it's harder than you think to work out why someone bought what you were selling.

for instance, suppose a bunch of people click on a FB link to a story about how Biden is a secret communist who wants to turn your kids trans, and then it turns out that 85% of those people went on to vote for Trump. did they vote for Trump (or become more likely to vote for Trump) because of the story, or were they already going to vote for Trump and clicked on the link because it sounded like a story that confirmed their existing worldview?

last touch attribution is an imperfect means of measuring marketing effectiveness, just saying

If marketing didn't work then you wouldn't have a job. A lot of people cited the wikileaks story weeks before the election as the reason they voted for Trump. Cambridge Analytica had a lot of involvement in pushing false stories and narratives to get Trump votes. Yeah it matters... It also goes beyond just marketing, Russia is literally funding the republicans through groups like the NRA, if that's not a huge red flag I don't know what it would take. The idea of a foreign country funneling money to help elect an individual from another country should go against the core of any democracy.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-10-2020 10:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think it’s an accumulation of a lot of things. Sure, it could be information bias. But when all you see are conspiracy theories and hate articles towards your rival tribe, then it’s only going to solidify your opinion. It seals the door to open-mindedness.

A person can have a certain opinion of something and keep an open mind. But if you’re bombarded with false information and conspiracy theories, then you can easily slide into a more solidified opinion. It’s a slippery slope. Especially if you don’t have a strong understanding of how the internet and social media works...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 08-10-2020 11:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^this

My parents who were never political their entire lives had a switch flipped in 2016. Now it consumes their daily life complete with a portrait of Trump in the house. Everything is a life an death battle for the souls of the country now. Mind you these are rural white folk who haven’t been touched by any government policy change in decades, and still aren’t.

Last time i saw my dad he was trying to convince me the economy was still booming. That’s effective marketing.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-10-2020 11:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Having a portrait of your current, and very temporary, leader in your house is some crazy shit :olo:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-10-2020 11:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
"muh russia"

You should watch SmarterEveryDay's series on social media manipulation. It has Destin (the guy behind the channel) talk with YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and Reddit representatives about social manipulation and the severity of it. Real interesting stuff.
Here's the playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... tzhXzhpZHu

The first two vids are more general and a bit out-of-scope to be honest, but the last four are the YouTube/Twitter/Facebook/Reddit ones.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-10-2020 12:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
^this

My parents who were never political their entire lives had a switch flipped in 2016. Now it consumes their daily life complete with a portrait of Trump in the house. Everything is a life an death battle for the souls of the country now. Mind you these are rural white folk who haven’t been touched by any government policy change in decades, and still aren’t.

Last time i saw my dad he was trying to convince me the economy was still booming. That’s effective marketing.

Thank god my dad isn’t on Facebook. He’s still halfway thinking clearly about everything. Although he does still hear his fair share from idiot coworkers (who are all on social media). Luckily my mother is so passive that the shit she sees doesn’t affect her. I know it’s great to be politically active, but honestly, I’d rather her be passively blissful than some right or left leaning nutjob...

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 08-11-2020 03:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

Trump has the blood of thousands of American lives on his hands from Covid alone. However, nothing I say is going to deter you from being a Fox News talking point. Best of luck, I hope you and your family stay safe.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.