Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        President Trump

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: President Trump

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 07:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
As Donald Trump finishes his campaign with a promise to break the control of Washington by political insiders, his transition team is preparing to hand his administration over to a cozy clique of corporate lobbyists and Republican power brokers.

“Our movement is about replacing a failed and corrupt political establishment with a new government controlled by you the American people,” Trump says in his closing campaign advertisement, followed by flashing images of K Street, Wall Street, and Goldman Sachs Chief Executive Lloyd Blankfein.

But the Trump transition team is a who’s who of influence peddlers, including: energy adviser Michael Catanzaro, a lobbyist for Koch Industries and the Walt Disney Company; adviser Eric Ueland, a Senate Republican staffer who previously lobbied for Goldman Sachs; and Transition General Counsel William Palatucci, an attorney in New Jersey whose lobbying firm represents Aetna and Verizon. Rick Holt, Christine Ciccone, Rich Bagger, and Mike Ferguson are among the other corporate lobbyists helping to manage the transition effort.

Presidential transition teams develop policy plans and come up with a list of more than 4,000 people an incoming president appoints, including White House jobs, cabinet secretaries, and lower level positions that oversee the military, agriculture, trade, and beyond.

Trump for America Inc., a nonprofit group chaired by Gov. Chris Christie, R-N.J., to oversee the Trump transition, has quietly moved ahead, meeting with interest groups and reaching out to lobbyists to plan a future Trump administration.

The group has held regular meetings at the Washington, D.C., offices of Baker Hostetler, a law and lobbying firm.

On Thursday, the group hosted a breakfast at Baker Hostetler attended by Microsoft’s Ed Ingle and Steve Hart, two lobbyists who, according to filings, have worked to promote the Trans-Pacific Partnership. Other transition meetings have included briefings with the Financial Services Roundtable and the Investment Company Institute, two lobby groups that represent Wall Street interests, as well as with the BGR Group, a lobby firm that represents Saudi Arabia and the South Korean government.

Trump, of course, isn’t alone is relying on entrenched political insiders to shape his future administration. The Hillary Clinton transition team is led by Ken Salazar and Tom Donilon, two former Obama administration officials who now serve on the lobbying teams of major law firms. Though the Clinton campaign gained headlines for banning registered lobbyists from managing her transition, the distinction between registered and unregistered lobbying is largely a question of semantics.

Trump’s decision to embrace lobbyists while denouncing them on the campaign trail should come as no surprise to any seasoned observer.

The reality television mogul seized on distaste for big money politics as a potent campaign issue, denouncing the role of Super PACs during the Republican primaries. “I have disavowed all Super PACs,” Trump said, adding that he would oppose any support from lobbyists and other special interest groups. After shoring up the nomination, the candidate quickly reversed himself, not only raising cash from lobbyists but switching gears to aggressively embrace the the same Super PAC strategies used by more traditional candidates. Several Trump staffers moved from his campaign to Super PACs supporting the Trump-Pence ticket.

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/08/tru ... lobbyists/

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 07:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

we esteblishment now

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 09:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
We'll hopefully still have Wikileaks to keep track of shit and call it out.

i though that was your job now

plained
plained
PostPosted: 11-10-2016 08:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

" In the end I believe my generation will surprise everyone. We already know that both political parties are playing both sides from the middle and we'll elect a true outsider when we fully mature.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's not a business tycoon who can't be bought and who does what's right for the people. Someone like Donald Trump as crazy as that sounds. "

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 11-10-2016 10:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
Memphis wrote:

i though that was your job now

"As Julian Assange announced at our ten year anniversary on the 4th of October we are currently building ways for our community to support us. The first part has already been launched: you can join the WikiLeaks Task Force @wltaskforce on twitter to help fight disinformation about WikiLeaks on social media. You can call out people who post wrong information about our organization on Facebook. And for more information on how to support WikiLeaks in the future please follow WikiLeaks Community @communitywl on twitter."

everybody join the task force :cool:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-11-2016 04:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

WikiLeaks Heroes!

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-11-2016 07:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
We'll sure find out if he can be bought outright. Lobbyists will be crawling over whoever sits in the chair. It's the deals made that'll matter.
I doubt thus far he owes any huge favours for a piddling three grand. Probably just agreed not to shit-post at any dopey princes, getting them lashed.

If he goes after Assange or Wikileaks after all the help with getting him in though, everyone'll know instantly he's a complete dud. Shit will hit the goddam fan too.

>NSA is bad for hacking / spying on people
>hopes Wikileaks keeps using hacked data / spying on people

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-11-2016 08:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Memphis wrote:
We'll sure find out if he can be bought outright. Lobbyists will be crawling over whoever sits in the chair. It's the deals made that'll matter.
I doubt thus far he owes any huge favours for a piddling three grand. Probably just agreed not to shit-post at any dopey princes, getting them lashed.

If he goes after Assange or Wikileaks after all the help with getting him in though, everyone'll know instantly he's a complete dud. Shit will hit the goddam fan too.

>NSA is bad for hacking / spying on people
>hopes Wikileaks keeps using hacked data / spying on people

>Wikileaks
>spying on people

:dork:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-11-2016 08:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh come on, theyre using data obtained from hacking whereas the NSA use data obtained from...

Where do we draw the line ?, is it cos the information on wikileaks is freely available ?, or because one is state sponsored ?, what about a right to privacy ?. I mean spying by definition is the observation of someones private life, what do you think happened to Hillary during this election ?.

I'm not particulary arsed either way, I just think it's a relevant point.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 11-11-2016 08:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's a huge difference imo. Governments and those who wish to represent the people should be transparent.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-11-2016 08:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So transparency is the issue ?, that's fair enough but we all know that investigative processes sometimes require a level of privacy. Wikileaks for example by releasing information about secret agents and stuff has put lives at risk.

I don't agree with the NSA btw and find some of Wikileaks work good so I make no bones about this making me a bit hypocritical. It's pretty much how far is too far for investigative journalism.

None of us liked it when someone went off to Goofs wife about his comments on here like, cos that was an invasion of his privacy, yet it could also be considered as nothing more than providing transparency to his wife...

Last edited by losCHUNK on 11-11-2016 08:56 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-11-2016 08:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
There's a huge difference imo. Governments and those who wish to represent the people should be transparent.

^exactly... If I elected you, you should represent our core interests. If I'm paying you I should know what you're doing.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-11-2016 08:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

But you're electing and paying them ?, why can't they serve your interest privately ?. If they released information that the US knew where Osama was would that be ok ?, despite giving him a head start ?

This is also without considering you can;t validate the source of the information or its credibility, which is one of the cornerstones of investigative journalism. Which brings me to the point, how far is too far cos imo wikileaks has crossed the line plenty of times, just like the government and press.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-11-2016 09:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah, in the week that von Clownstick was elected president, let's go after Wikileaks

SO FUCKING APROPOS M8

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-11-2016 09:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've attacked wikileaks before, on this board.

But seeing as you mentioned Trumpy and wikileaks, if wikileaks were considered a news agency you'd say they'd have an obvious agenda or bias seeing as they were giving Hillary shit for doing stuff that Trump did yet gave him a free ride ?. It's not like they present the information and let you come to your own conclusions either, not without Assange turning up with his little footnote anyway.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-11-2016 09:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doesn't really matter if it was Russia does it ?

Why was it leaked because of the dealings ?, seriously ?, you saying wikileaks didnt pick anything up in the previous elections cos there were no dodgey dealings or dirt big enough to scupper the result ?

It was leaked because someone (whoever) had an agenda and they presented that information accordingly, did they or more importantly Assange make any mention of how Trump channeled funds from his foundation into the pockets of republicans ?. Serious question cos I have no idea, but if the goal is transparency then youd think they would.

Oh aye, the NSA also claim not to hack every cunt in town.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-11-2016 10:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-11-2016 12:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:

But seeing as you mentioned Trumpy and wikileaks, if wikileaks were considered a news agency you'd say they'd have an obvious agenda or bias seeing as they were giving Hillary shit for doing stuff that Trump did yet gave him a free ride ?. It's not like they present the information and let you come to your own conclusions either, not without Assange turning up with his little footnote anyway.

Wikileaks. the clue is very much in the name. they release stuff that people leak. people leaked stuff from HRC and the DNC. people haven't leaked anything from von Clownstick (unless you think they have and Assange is hiding it under his mattress, in which case: proof, please)

if they were a news agency they'd actively go looking for stories, not passively wait for people to send them stuff. that's like saying if they wore swastikas i'd call them nazis. yes i would - but they don't, so what's your point?

plained
plained
PostPosted: 11-11-2016 12:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-11-2016 01:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:

Wikileaks. the clue is very much in the name. they release stuff that people leak. people leaked stuff from HRC and the DNC. people haven't leaked anything from von Clownstick (unless you think they have and Assange is hiding it under his mattress, in which case: proof, please)

if they were a news agency they'd actively go looking for stories, not passively wait for people to send them stuff. that's like saying if they wore swastikas i'd call them nazis. yes i would - but they don't, so what's your point?

which is why I said about assange leaving his little footnotes with a clear agenda, just like those who leak the information. Theres reasons theres laws about releasing un edited information, laws that I agree with due toto the invasion of privacy, it can be incredibly harmful.

You cant deny that they condone hacking either, yet if this was a government institutiin, like Russia interfearing with the politics of another country then they should be ashamed. So the line is drawn when its a person and not a government ?.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-13-2016 02:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wikileaks are not an active party. They are the passive platform. They might have an agenda, that is true. But they don't take activity in bringing things up. So they say.
What is Trump good for Assange? He might be the lesser evil for him as he does not seem to care about foreign policy, yet Trump is no way of letting him go, imo. Same goes for Snowden.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-13-2016 06:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

going back to page 1 of this thread is like a trip to a lost time of dreams and wishes and unicorns <3

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-13-2016 06:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thats pretty much what ive been saying, if they have an agenda like youve acknowledged then they become no better than any of the news corps. The goal for them or Assange - the figurehead - isnt transparency, theyre anti establishment, which is why Trump wasnt treated with the same scrutiny. Assange also has a definate conflict of interest in all this too so as far as im concerned they cant be seen as reputable because of this bias, just the same way that I look at the torygraph reading about labour or fox news talking about the democrats. You cant trust whats behind the woodwork.

Its hardly passive, ive already gave anan example of this in the reply to memoh at the top of this page.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-13-2016 09:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
going back to page 1 of this thread is like a trip to a lost time of dreams and wishes and unicorns <3

I find there's actually quite a few people that are very seriously considering the chance of Trump winning the whole thing.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-13-2016 09:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:

Hillary and... Aehm.. Michael Jackson´s son ?

EDIT: Sorry, just saw that its Bill from Tokio-Hotel... My failure!

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-13-2016 10:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HRC looks like Chairman Mao :|

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-13-2016 10:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

plained
plained
PostPosted: 11-13-2016 12:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

armband? collor?

plained
plained
PostPosted: 11-15-2016 09:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

he isnt taking the pres salary ey

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-15-2016 09:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I guess he's getting paybacks for the way NYC voted. He's living in his suite at Trump tower and the secret service has two square blocks shut down while he's there.

GGz Demonerds...

plained
plained
PostPosted: 11-15-2016 12:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

probly just grabbing his toothbrush and pajamas!

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 11-15-2016 01:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He's had 2 blocks in mid-town Manhattan shut down for two days now. It's causing traffic jams, restricted public access and problems for business operation.

A real mess for the people of NYC.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 12:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
I guess he's getting paybacks for the way NYC voted. He's living in his suite at Trump tower and the secret service has two square blocks shut down while he's there.

GGz Demonerds...

Really? What a total asshole :olo: Guess it's also a sign of how he's going to treat the presidency; not very seriously.

Anyway, after about a week of abstinence i've started to read some political stuff again and to no great surprise i see Rudy 9/11neverforgetexceptwhenitspoliticallyconvenient Guilliani is most likely getting Clinton's old job. The guy has zero experience and is just about the most undiplomatic figure you yanks ever produced except for von Clownstick himself. It's only most likely, because the other candidate is John ihateforeignersandwanttodestroytheUN Bolton, fucking hell!

Where's my shovel, i need to dig a giant hole to hide myself in.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 04:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

4 years of comedy gold, heading our way

MAKE AMERICA A LAUGHING-STOCK AGAIN! :olo:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 11-16-2016 04:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
4 years of comedy gold, heading our way

MAKE AMERICA A LAUGHING-STOCK AGAIN! :olo:

Aye, i'd be positively giddy about it if the chance of ww3 and / or total unfixable climate fuckup wouldn't be so great.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.