Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        President Trump

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: President Trump

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 05:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Don't count anything out. It was just as obvious in 2015 that Drumpf couldn't win as it is now. :paranoid:

I disagree. I figured out more than a year in advance that Trump would win. (see first post in this thread) Only chance he has is based on how much vote suppression he can achieve whcih will be quite a lot but still in this case it's not looking good for him.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 06:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How is the ranking in the swing states right now?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-29-2020 09:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
I disagree. I figured out more than a year in advance that Drumpf would win. (see first post in this thread) Only chance he has is based on how much vote suppression he can achieve whcih will be quite a lot but still in this case it's not looking good for him.

Well I hope you're right this time, too. :(

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 07-01-2020 12:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
vote suppression

It seems the only thing that still separates the US from the countries it usually wages war against is that they do not use their military against their own population :clownboat:

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 07-01-2020 04:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pext wrote:
HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
vote suppression

It seems the only thing that still separates the US from the countries it usually wages war against is that they do not use their military against their own population :clownboat:

Yet

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-01-2020 06:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pext wrote:
HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
vote suppression

except all the times they did, like in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Syria, and oh yeah Germany :clownboat: :dts:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-02-2020 07:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

T-shirt found on Trump’s official 2020 campaign store merch.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-02-2020 08:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

But a black guy is wearing it, so it's OK. :up:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-02-2020 10:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

also the bald eagle is America's national animal because that's still a thing

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 07-02-2020 09:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
T-shirt found on Trump’s official 2020 campaign store merch.

The bald eagle was chosen June 20, 1782 as the emblem of the United States of America... RIF

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-02-2020 10:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm not sure what to think of the t-shirt. It feels a bit too much like jumping to conclusions due to tunnel vision, but I guess one could argue that the eagle on the t-shirt is stylistically closer to the nazi symbolism than the eagle used in the great seal of the US.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-02-2020 11:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The eagle is facing the "wrong" way, and that's why it will cause upset. Flip it from how it is now and you just have the American seal. It could be a genuine oversight or it could be a planned oversight and a not so covert message to the deplorable core of people that make up Trumps base.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-03-2020 09:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They seem to "accidentally" use Nazi imagery on a recurring basis. Not so long ago Facebook had to take down a campaign ad for displaying an inverted red triangle, which was used in concentration camps.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-03-2020 09:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah it's rather suspicious

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-03-2020 09:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wouldn't put it past Drumpf for be that incompetent, but I also wouldn't put it past his campaign staff to use it as a subtle message to his core demographic.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-03-2020 10:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

when they start doing (((this))) that's when you know they're getting less coy about revealing their power level

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-03-2020 11:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I also read something about a baseball you can buy from Trump, with TRUMP written on it. It's priced $88 and people are saying that's dogwhistle racism because (and I didn't know this) apparently the number 88 is used as a reference to "heil Hitler" in nazi circles (H being the 8th letter of the alphabet. 88 -> HH -> Heil Hitler).

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-03-2020 11:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that seems a little overpriced for a baseball

a more suitable price would have been $14.88

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-03-2020 04:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I also read something about a baseball you can buy from Drumpf, with DRUMPF written on it. It's priced $88 and people are saying that's dogwhistle racism because (and I didn't know this) apparently the number 88 is used as a reference to "heil Hitler" in nazi circles (H being the 8th letter of the alphabet. 88 -> HH -> Heil Hitler).

That isn't even the first time he's used that number. He also placed 88 different ads on Facebook during one spending cycle. The very same cycle where the ad with the inverted triangle Nazi imagery was taken down. I know it looks like a coincidence, and it's easy to see where people are digging for the slightest reference to white supremacy just to confirm their bias. But given how often it happens, I think his campaign knows full well what they're doing. Any other rational person would scrounge through their media just to make sure there wasn't even the perception of impropriety. But not Drumpf. He leans into it because it plays well with his base.

Or we could all be wrong. :olo:
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8895 ... -stock-art

Quote:
But the eagle’s image, which has stirred controversy because of its similarities to fascist iconography, isn’t a custom design for the Drumpf campaign. It’s a piece of stock art that anyone can license for $15 per use.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-04-2020 05:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

To be honest, it sounds like someone in the campaign is throwing these 88s and other references into the mix. I doubt Trump is knowledgeable enough to even understand those references. But he has some very radical people working for him. The extremely (closeted) racists I’m sure are dying to work for him, so now he has people making these innuendos without Trump even being aware...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-04-2020 10:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
That isn't even the first time he's used that number. He also placed 88 different ads on Facebook during one spending cycle.

how many ads did he place during other spending cycles? or on other platforms? do the far right count the ads to get the message or is it just leftie media?

it's actually pretty easy to 'find' meaning when you're looking for it. it's how conspiracy theorists operate

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-04-2020 12:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I know, I made that point in my last post. But it happens a lot. :tinfoil:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-05-2020 12:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't know if I should laugh or cry

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-05-2020 12:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hahaha that's excellent

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-06-2020 07:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is one side really so much better than the other?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-06-2020 08:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey, I voted in my primary. :arrow:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-10-2020 04:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://www.vox.com/2020/7/10/21134609/ ... tion-trump

This doesn't come as a surprise, but it's still frustrating to see it play out. :miffed:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-10-2020 10:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Is one side really so much better than the other?

This guy goes off on a 7 minute "what if" tangent that holds no water whatsoever

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-11-2020 07:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fucking Gramps has revealed himself as the dumbest person on the internet so many times it's just annoying at this point... Grow up moron...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-11-2020 12:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dummies who choose to stick their heads in the sand get what they deserve. Enjoy dummies.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-11-2020 01:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
This guy goes off on a 7 minute "what if" tangent that holds no water whatsoever

"This guy" is infinitely more informed than you could ever hope to be. Your denial is only proof of ignorance and that is certainly blissful for the uninformed.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-11-2020 01:16 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Dummies who choose to stick their heads in the sand get what they deserve. Enjoy dummies.

lol, oh boy, the irony...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-11-2020 03:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's funny how oblivious the self-righteous can be.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-11-2020 11:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I also read something about a baseball you can buy from Trump, with TRUMP written on it. It's priced $88 and people are saying that's dogwhistle racism because (and I didn't know this) apparently the number 88 is used as a reference to "heil Hitler" in nazi circles (H being the 8th letter of the alphabet. 88 -> HH -> Heil Hitler).

It has been and is used in German neo-nazi circles. 18 = AH. 88 = HH.

Also brands that German neo-nazis use as dog-whistles:
For a long time "Lonsdale" -> "nsda" -> NSDAP
Currently they are using/abusing "The North Face", "Thor Steinar", "Reconquista", "New Balance", "Fred Perry".

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 07-12-2020 07:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

Lol that's literally what ur doing... Idiot...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.