Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        President Trump

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: President Trump

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-22-2020 07:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If she works for the campaign she might be doing work that involves graphics which generally require higher specs to work with software like photoshop for example. Our graphics people generally have much beefier desktops.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 10-22-2020 09:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Intel Core i7-10700K
Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super
G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe main
6TB SSD storage
Corsair iCUE H100i AIO
NZXT H510i case

I like how she co-opted Drumpf's racist "send her back" chant into a re-election campaign slogan. :up:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-22-2020 10:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
If she works for the campaign she might be doing work that involves graphics which generally require higher specs to work with software like photoshop for example. Our graphics people generally have much beefier desktops.

Wouldn’t have a GTX or RTX. Would be something with more CUDA cores. But you already knew that right?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-22-2020 10:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I had no knowledge of what she was using at all when I wrote that. I also don't keep up with graphic card trends whatsoever as I don't dabble with gaming PC's anymore. I used to do troubleshooting and repair of mostly in house systems but I'm currently in a new role and learning about Sharepoint and office 365 administration mostly. That doesn't mean I couldn't build a gaming PC if I wanted to but I simply don't have time to deal with that stuff when I'm delving deep into stuff like powershell.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-22-2020 11:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well if you ever get asked to build/spec a workstation for GFX or number crunching you’ll need something like this

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/design-vis ... on/quadro/

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-23-2020 12:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's very specialized hardware that's certainly not required for the average photoshop job. It's ridiculous to suggest this for someone who would design fliers or posters for a political campaign.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-23-2020 12:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
That's very specialized hardware that's certainly not required for the average photoshop job. It's ridiculous to suggest this for someone who would design fliers or posters for a political campaign.

Sorry my problematic friend but there's a full range of cards starting with a consumer end solution aimed specifically at Photoshop etc. Also you're missing the 'workstation' point.

But yeah, no one needs a card for A3 posters :olo:

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 10-23-2020 01:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I mostly agree with you Doombrain, but I've been seeing high-end GeForce and Titan cards making inroads in Post Production houses over the last 3-4 years or so.

In particular, I've seen a lot of DaVinci Resolve workstations in small to mid-sized post houses utilising multiple GeForce cards in PCI expanders, like those from Cubix.

And some start-ups are even going for custom built PCs over big manufacturer workstations. It's odd seeing gaming style cases with side-windows in professional environments.

Still, when it comes to proper post houses, like MPC, The Farm, ITN etc., it's HP Z series workstations with Quadro cards that they're buying.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-23-2020 03:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is this the Trump thread?

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 10-24-2020 02:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Makes you wonder don't it?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-24-2020 03:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I guess with the demise of YourGrampa Q3W finally is a 100% left oriented echo chamber. Not much left to discuss then is there?

Although we could always switch the conversation topic to the 545 children whose parents seem to have been "accidentally" misplaced.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-24-2020 05:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What I'd like to know is how are the people on the wrong side of history going to be treated after he's gone? Bill Barr et al.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-24-2020 06:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pretty sure there is a treasure trove of indictments waiting for these leprechauns at the end of the rainbow...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-24-2020 06:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cant wait for the Press secs to get it

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-24-2020 06:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-54674313

Why would you say things like this?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 10-24-2020 09:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
What I'd like to know is how are the people on the wrong side of history going to be treated after he's gone? Bill Barr et al.

They will become regular guests of Fox News, CNN, NBC, et cetera. They'll join the boards of energy companies, rake in millions from speaking or consultation fees. They'll write books. Biden will pull a Ford and pardon the worst transgressors, and the rest will face slaps on the wrist if anything at all. Nothing will fundamentally change, that's what Biden said.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-24-2020 10:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nailed it.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 07:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Pretty sure there is a treasure trove of indictments waiting for these leprechauns at the end of the rainbow...

If not, I'll never have faith in this country's leadership.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 07:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
They will become regular guests of Fox News, CNN, NBC, et cetera. They'll join the boards of energy companies, rake in millions from speaking or consultation fees. They'll write books. Biden will pull a Ford and pardon the worst transgressors, and the rest will face slaps on the wrist if anything at all. Nothing will fundamentally change, that's what Biden said.

This is my biggest fear and if it comes true, Biden will likely be a 1-term president (which is likely regardless). He's only being voted for to dethrone the nightmare that is Trump. He is less-than-ideal for most of us.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 08:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Saw this article posted on Reddit:
https://www.grunge.com/190417/rules-for ... to-follow/

It was posted because of the odd rules former presidents have to live by, like not being allowed to drive a car in public traffic.

There is, however, this other interesting tidbit in the article:

Quote:
They [former presidents] continue to receive national security updates for the rest of their lives. Not necessarily because they're expected to actively do anything about them, but just in case they have advice they can offer the current administration or if they get asked about the situation by the press. Even if being president isn't their job anymore, they still need constant updates about what's going on.

Which I think is quite worrying, considering Trump will always remain "former president", which means he'll keep getting these security updates even after he stops being president. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up leaking or even selling such information to Russians or other wrongdoers, or use it to put a sitting president in a very bad light.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 08:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The dude is a threat to everything he's near. Him recovering from Covid is the worst thing ever. He's now high on steroids and acting crazier than ever and downplaying the pandemic even further.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 08:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's not all bad news, Bolivia has voted for the left to oust the fascist coup government of christian-zionists Trump and Bolton instated. The CIA and OAS are scrambling to make up a new lie to discredit the elections, but they're losing ground in Chile and Guaido 2.0 in Venezuela is already a laughingstock.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 08:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Saw this article posted on Reddit:
https://www.grunge.com/190417/rules-for ... to-follow/

It was posted because of the odd rules former presidents have to live by, like not being allowed to drive a car in public traffic.

There is, however, this other interesting tidbit in the article:

Quote:
They [former presidents] continue to receive national security updates for the rest of their lives. Not necessarily because they're expected to actively do anything about them, but just in case they have advice they can offer the current administration or if they get asked about the situation by the press. Even if being president isn't their job anymore, they still need constant updates about what's going on.

Which I think is quite worrying, considering Trump will always remain "former president", which means he'll keep getting these security updates even after he stops being president. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up leaking or even selling such information to Russians or other wrongdoers, or use it to put a sitting president in a very bad light.

lol he isn't attending current updates he sure as shit won't be receiving ones when he's done.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 08:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He will sell these secrets like he sells his signatures.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 10:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Russians or other wrongdoers

jesus Jerry, maybe step out of the CNN echo chamber for a bit.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 10:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:

"Echo Chamber"
an environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.

The opinion that Trump may reveal classified information in the future is one that's warranted because he's already done so in the past. Using the term echo chamber does a disservice to that fact because it makes it seem like some type of conspiracy when it actually isn't. Basing future behavior on demonstrable past behavior is actually a sign of intelligence. Dismissing past behavior and assuming future behavior will be different is a sign of trust, naivety or ignorance. In this case, it would be the very ignorant option on your part.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 11:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

haven't you heard? everyone ends up on the wrong side of history eventually

the fact that MLK hasn't been cancelled yet is a minor miracle

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 11:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Who?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 01:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MLK. You know, that Dutch guy that keeps posting about Doom Eternal here.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 05:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Captain Mazda wrote:

"Echo Chamber"
an environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.

The opinion that Trump may reveal classified information in the future is one that's warranted because he's already done so in the past. Using the term echo chamber does a disservice to that fact because it makes it seem like some type of conspiracy when it actually isn't. Basing future behavior on demonstrable past behavior is actually a sign of intelligence. Dismissing past behavior and assuming future behavior will be different is a sign of trust, naivety or ignorance. In this case, it would be the very ignorant option on your part.

Yeah that's exactly what CNN, New York Times, Washington Post and the rest of the establishment media did to sell a fascist coup in Bolivia that put a far-right christian-zionist regime in power that called for the eradication of "satanic" indigenous people, homosexuals, and leftists. The New York Times were the first take a fraudulent OAS report with zero facts and brandish it as 100% verified proof of Morales being a dangerous leftist dictator who needs to be overthrown, a report that was repeated by the rest of the establishment media without a shred of actual journalism behind it. In June the OAS report was proven to be fraudulent and the NYT even admitted to it being the key driving force of overthrowing Morales' legitimate presidency. No one was fired, no one was jailed, and now that Bolivia has overwhelmingly voted for the leftists again, the NYT and the rest of America's corrupt state media will be churning out another fake report calling for immediate "pro-democratic upheaval" to prevent Bolivia from being an independent, non-IMF country with free elections.

So no, the ignorance is entirely on you while you're busy with your head in the dirt looking for Russian spies as the world actually burns around you :olo:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 11:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You ok bro?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 02:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Yeah that's exactly what CNN, New York Times, Washington Post and the rest of the establishment media did to sell a fascist coup in Bolivia that put a far-right christian-zionist regime in power that called for the eradication of "satanic" indigenous people, homosexuals, and leftists. The New York Times were the first take a fraudulent OAS report with zero facts and brandish it as 100% verified proof of Morales being a dangerous leftist dictator who needs to be overthrown, a report that was repeated by the rest of the establishment media without a shred of actual journalism behind it. In June the OAS report was proven to be fraudulent and the NYT even admitted to it being the key driving force of overthrowing Morales' legitimate presidency. No one was fired, no one was jailed, and now that Bolivia has overwhelmingly voted for the leftists again, the NYT and the rest of America's corrupt state media will be churning out another fake report calling for immediate "pro-democratic upheaval" to prevent Bolivia from being an independent, non-IMF country with free elections.

So no, the ignorance is entirely on you while you're busy with your head in the dirt looking for Russian spies as the world actually burns around you :olo:

Oh yeah? Well oranges are actually blue! There, I'm continuing the conversation in some other random direction that had nothing to do with the topic you were initially replying to as well. See, that's how that works.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 06:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
You ok bro?

Keep gaslighting and you'll have your own Dutch Trump to worry about :!:

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 06:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm confused too.
What does Eraser's (totally reasonable) point about people being concerned over Trumps having continued access to US national security info have to do with CNN and Bolivia?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 06:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Because the more idiots equate Trump to being some kind of one-off Russian agent of chaos dissolves the two ruling class parties of responsibility. They will simply carry on as before, continuing the system that churns out far-right populists worldwide while you learn nothing from it. CNN is just one outlet of the democratic party that conveniently pushes the same foreign policy narratives as Fox and WaPo, for example, when they influenced public opinion to support a fascist coup in Bolivia and the rise of the far-right in Latin America.

Scary that this has to be explained to grown adults.

Last edited by Captain on 10-27-2020 06:25 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.