Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        President Trump


Post new topicReply to topic
Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC




Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: President Trump

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 5507
PostPosted: 10-22-2020 07:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


If she works for the campaign she might be doing work that involves graphics which generally require higher specs to work with software like photoshop for example. Our graphics people generally have much beefier desktops.




Top
                 

Arrr?
Arrr?
Joined: 09 Feb 2001
Posts: 34970
PostPosted: 10-22-2020 09:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Intel Core i7-10700K
Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super
G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe main
6TB SSD storage
Corsair iCUE H100i AIO
NZXT H510i case

I like how she co-opted Drumpf's racist "send her back" chant into a re-election campaign slogan. :up:




Top
                 

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
Joined: 11 Aug 2000
Posts: 48395
PostPosted: 10-22-2020 10:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Κracus wrote:
If she works for the campaign she might be doing work that involves graphics which generally require higher specs to work with software like photoshop for example. Our graphics people generally have much beefier desktops.


Wouldn’t have a GTX or RTX. Would be something with more CUDA cores. But you already knew that right?




Top
                 

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 5507
PostPosted: 10-22-2020 10:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


I had no knowledge of what she was using at all when I wrote that. I also don't keep up with graphic card trends whatsoever as I don't dabble with gaming PC's anymore. I used to do troubleshooting and repair of mostly in house systems but I'm currently in a new role and learning about Sharepoint and office 365 administration mostly. That doesn't mean I couldn't build a gaming PC if I wanted to but I simply don't have time to deal with that stuff when I'm delving deep into stuff like powershell.




Top
                 

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
Joined: 11 Aug 2000
Posts: 48395
PostPosted: 10-22-2020 11:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Well if you ever get asked to build/spec a workstation for GFX or number crunching you’ll need something like this

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/design-vis ... on/quadro/




Top
                 

Cool #9
Cool #9
Joined: 01 Dec 2000
Posts: 43356
PostPosted: 10-23-2020 12:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


That's very specialized hardware that's certainly not required for the average photoshop job. It's ridiculous to suggest this for someone who would design fliers or posters for a political campaign.




Top
                 

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
Joined: 11 Aug 2000
Posts: 48395
PostPosted: 10-23-2020 12:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Eraser wrote:
That's very specialized hardware that's certainly not required for the average photoshop job. It's ridiculous to suggest this for someone who would design fliers or posters for a political campaign.


Sorry my problematic friend but there's a full range of cards starting with a consumer end solution aimed specifically at Photoshop etc. Also you're missing the 'workstation' point.

But yeah, no one needs a card for A3 posters :olo:




Top
                 

Shambolic
Shambolic
Joined: 11 Apr 2000
Posts: 7891
PostPosted: 10-23-2020 01:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


I mostly agree with you Doombrain, but I've been seeing high-end GeForce and Titan cards making inroads in Post Production houses over the last 3-4 years or so.

In particular, I've seen a lot of DaVinci Resolve workstations in small to mid-sized post houses utilising multiple GeForce cards in PCI expanders, like those from Cubix.

And some start-ups are even going for custom built PCs over big manufacturer workstations. It's odd seeing gaming style cases with side-windows in professional environments.

Still, when it comes to proper post houses, like MPC, The Farm, ITN etc., it's HP Z series workstations with Quadro cards that they're buying.




Top
                 

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
Joined: 10 Feb 2001
Posts: 24385
PostPosted: 10-23-2020 03:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Is this the Trump thread?




Top
                 

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
Joined: 14 May 2000
Posts: 5838
PostPosted: 10-24-2020 02:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Makes you wonder don't it?



_________________
Member: NAD&BTA
Your Friendly Neighborhood Quake Addict


Top
                 

Cool #9
Cool #9
Joined: 01 Dec 2000
Posts: 43356
PostPosted: 10-24-2020 03:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


I guess with the demise of YourGrampa Q3W finally is a 100% left oriented echo chamber. Not much left to discuss then is there?

Although we could always switch the conversation topic to the 545 children whose parents seem to have been "accidentally" misplaced.




Top
                 

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
Joined: 11 Aug 2000
Posts: 48395
PostPosted: 10-24-2020 05:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


What I'd like to know is how are the people on the wrong side of history going to be treated after he's gone? Bill Barr et al.




Top
                 

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
Joined: 10 Feb 2001
Posts: 24385
PostPosted: 10-24-2020 06:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Pretty sure there is a treasure trove of indictments waiting for these leprechauns at the end of the rainbow...




Top
                 

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
Joined: 11 Aug 2000
Posts: 48395
PostPosted: 10-24-2020 06:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Cant wait for the Press secs to get it




Top
                 

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Posts: 51788
PostPosted: 10-24-2020 06:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-54674313

Why would you say things like this?




Top
                 

Arrr?
Arrr?
Joined: 09 Feb 2001
Posts: 34970
PostPosted: 10-24-2020 09:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Doombrain wrote:
What I'd like to know is how are the people on the wrong side of history going to be treated after he's gone? Bill Barr et al.

They will become regular guests of Fox News, CNN, NBC, et cetera. They'll join the boards of energy companies, rake in millions from speaking or consultation fees. They'll write books. Biden will pull a Ford and pardon the worst transgressors, and the rest will face slaps on the wrist if anything at all. Nothing will fundamentally change, that's what Biden said.




Top
                 

Finno-Persian Legend
Finno-Persian Legend
Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Posts: 16232
PostPosted: 10-24-2020 10:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Nailed it.




Top
                 

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
Joined: 16 Nov 1999
Posts: 34350
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 07:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


xer0s wrote:
Pretty sure there is a treasure trove of indictments waiting for these leprechauns at the end of the rainbow...


If not, I'll never have faith in this country's leadership.




Top
                 

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
Joined: 16 Nov 1999
Posts: 34350
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 07:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Transient wrote:
They will become regular guests of Fox News, CNN, NBC, et cetera. They'll join the boards of energy companies, rake in millions from speaking or consultation fees. They'll write books. Biden will pull a Ford and pardon the worst transgressors, and the rest will face slaps on the wrist if anything at all. Nothing will fundamentally change, that's what Biden said.


This is my biggest fear and if it comes true, Biden will likely be a 1-term president (which is likely regardless). He's only being voted for to dethrone the nightmare that is Trump. He is less-than-ideal for most of us.




Top
                 

Cool #9
Cool #9
Joined: 01 Dec 2000
Posts: 43356
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 08:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Saw this article posted on Reddit:
https://www.grunge.com/190417/rules-for ... to-follow/

It was posted because of the odd rules former presidents have to live by, like not being allowed to drive a car in public traffic.

There is, however, this other interesting tidbit in the article:

Quote:
They [former presidents] continue to receive national security updates for the rest of their lives. Not necessarily because they're expected to actively do anything about them, but just in case they have advice they can offer the current administration or if they get asked about the situation by the press. Even if being president isn't their job anymore, they still need constant updates about what's going on.


Which I think is quite worrying, considering Trump will always remain "former president", which means he'll keep getting these security updates even after he stops being president. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up leaking or even selling such information to Russians or other wrongdoers, or use it to put a sitting president in a very bad light.




Top
                 

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
Joined: 16 Nov 1999
Posts: 34350
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 08:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


The dude is a threat to everything he's near. Him recovering from Covid is the worst thing ever. He's now high on steroids and acting crazier than ever and downplaying the pandemic even further.




Top
                 

Finno-Persian Legend
Finno-Persian Legend
Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Posts: 16232
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 08:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


It's not all bad news, Bolivia has voted for the left to oust the fascist coup government of christian-zionists Trump and Bolton instated. The CIA and OAS are scrambling to make up a new lie to discredit the elections, but they're losing ground in Chile and Guaido 2.0 in Venezuela is already a laughingstock.




Top
                 

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 5507
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 08:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Eraser wrote:
Saw this article posted on Reddit:
https://www.grunge.com/190417/rules-for ... to-follow/

It was posted because of the odd rules former presidents have to live by, like not being allowed to drive a car in public traffic.

There is, however, this other interesting tidbit in the article:

Quote:
They [former presidents] continue to receive national security updates for the rest of their lives. Not necessarily because they're expected to actively do anything about them, but just in case they have advice they can offer the current administration or if they get asked about the situation by the press. Even if being president isn't their job anymore, they still need constant updates about what's going on.


Which I think is quite worrying, considering Trump will always remain "former president", which means he'll keep getting these security updates even after he stops being president. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up leaking or even selling such information to Russians or other wrongdoers, or use it to put a sitting president in a very bad light.


lol he isn't attending current updates he sure as shit won't be receiving ones when he's done.




Top
                 

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
Joined: 16 Nov 1999
Posts: 34350
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 08:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


He will sell these secrets like he sells his signatures.




Top
                 

Finno-Persian Legend
Finno-Persian Legend
Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Posts: 16232
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 10:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Eraser wrote:
Russians or other wrongdoers


jesus Jerry, maybe step out of the CNN echo chamber for a bit.




Top
                 

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 5507
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 10:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Captain Mazda wrote:
jesus Jerry, maybe step out of the CNN echo chamber for a bit.


"Echo Chamber"
an environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.

The opinion that Trump may reveal classified information in the future is one that's warranted because he's already done so in the past. Using the term echo chamber does a disservice to that fact because it makes it seem like some type of conspiracy when it actually isn't. Basing future behavior on demonstrable past behavior is actually a sign of intelligence. Dismissing past behavior and assuming future behavior will be different is a sign of trust, naivety or ignorance. In this case, it would be the very ignorant option on your part.




Top
                 

Etile
Etile
Joined: 19 Nov 2003
Posts: 34473
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 11:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Doombrain wrote:
What I'd like to know is how are the people on the wrong side of history going to be treated after he's gone? Bill Barr et al.


haven't you heard? everyone ends up on the wrong side of history eventually

the fact that MLK hasn't been cancelled yet is a minor miracle




Top
                 

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
Joined: 10 Feb 2001
Posts: 24385
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 11:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Who?




Top
                 

Cool #9
Cool #9
Joined: 01 Dec 2000
Posts: 43356
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 01:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


MLK. You know, that Dutch guy that keeps posting about Doom Eternal here.




Top
                 

Finno-Persian Legend
Finno-Persian Legend
Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Posts: 16232
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 05:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Κracus wrote:
Captain Mazda wrote:
jesus Jerry, maybe step out of the CNN echo chamber for a bit.


"Echo Chamber"
an environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.

The opinion that Trump may reveal classified information in the future is one that's warranted because he's already done so in the past. Using the term echo chamber does a disservice to that fact because it makes it seem like some type of conspiracy when it actually isn't. Basing future behavior on demonstrable past behavior is actually a sign of intelligence. Dismissing past behavior and assuming future behavior will be different is a sign of trust, naivety or ignorance. In this case, it would be the very ignorant option on your part.


Yeah that's exactly what CNN, New York Times, Washington Post and the rest of the establishment media did to sell a fascist coup in Bolivia that put a far-right christian-zionist regime in power that called for the eradication of "satanic" indigenous people, homosexuals, and leftists. The New York Times were the first take a fraudulent OAS report with zero facts and brandish it as 100% verified proof of Morales being a dangerous leftist dictator who needs to be overthrown, a report that was repeated by the rest of the establishment media without a shred of actual journalism behind it. In June the OAS report was proven to be fraudulent and the NYT even admitted to it being the key driving force of overthrowing Morales' legitimate presidency. No one was fired, no one was jailed, and now that Bolivia has overwhelmingly voted for the leftists again, the NYT and the rest of America's corrupt state media will be churning out another fake report calling for immediate "pro-democratic upheaval" to prevent Bolivia from being an independent, non-IMF country with free elections.

So no, the ignorance is entirely on you while you're busy with your head in the dirt looking for Russian spies as the world actually burns around you :olo:




Top
                 

Cool #9
Cool #9
Joined: 01 Dec 2000
Posts: 43356
PostPosted: 10-26-2020 11:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


You ok bro?




Top
                 

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 5507
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 02:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Captain Mazda wrote:
Yeah that's exactly what CNN, New York Times, Washington Post and the rest of the establishment media did to sell a fascist coup in Bolivia that put a far-right christian-zionist regime in power that called for the eradication of "satanic" indigenous people, homosexuals, and leftists. The New York Times were the first take a fraudulent OAS report with zero facts and brandish it as 100% verified proof of Morales being a dangerous leftist dictator who needs to be overthrown, a report that was repeated by the rest of the establishment media without a shred of actual journalism behind it. In June the OAS report was proven to be fraudulent and the NYT even admitted to it being the key driving force of overthrowing Morales' legitimate presidency. No one was fired, no one was jailed, and now that Bolivia has overwhelmingly voted for the leftists again, the NYT and the rest of America's corrupt state media will be churning out another fake report calling for immediate "pro-democratic upheaval" to prevent Bolivia from being an independent, non-IMF country with free elections.

So no, the ignorance is entirely on you while you're busy with your head in the dirt looking for Russian spies as the world actually burns around you :olo:



Oh yeah? Well oranges are actually blue! There, I'm continuing the conversation in some other random direction that had nothing to do with the topic you were initially replying to as well. See, that's how that works.




Top
                 

Finno-Persian Legend
Finno-Persian Legend
Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Posts: 16232
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 06:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Eraser wrote:
You ok bro?


Keep gaslighting and you'll have your own Dutch Trump to worry about :!:




Top
                 

meh...
meh...
Joined: 23 Mar 2000
Posts: 4164
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 06:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


I'm confused too.
What does Eraser's (totally reasonable) point about people being concerned over Trumps having continued access to US national security info have to do with CNN and Bolivia?




Top
                 

Finno-Persian Legend
Finno-Persian Legend
Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Posts: 16232
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 06:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Because the more idiots equate Trump to being some kind of one-off Russian agent of chaos dissolves the two ruling class parties of responsibility. They will simply carry on as before, continuing the system that churns out far-right populists worldwide while you learn nothing from it. CNN is just one outlet of the democratic party that conveniently pushes the same foreign policy narratives as Fox and WaPo, for example, when they influenced public opinion to support a fascist coup in Bolivia and the rise of the far-right in Latin America.

Scary that this has to be explained to grown adults.

Image




Last edited by Captain Mazda on 10-27-2020 06:25 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Top
                 
Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion


Post new topic Reply to topic


cron
Quake3World.com
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group