Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        President Trump


Post new topicReply to topic
Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC




Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: President Trump

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 5507
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 06:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


vesp wrote:
I'm confused too.
What does Eraser's (totally reasonable) point about people being concerned over Trumps having continued access to US national security info have to do with CNN and Bolivia?


Nothing, his point is complete drivel that doesn't address the single aspect he's objecting about. instead he uses whataboutism to try to make a point but fails miserably.




Top
                 

Finno-Persian Legend
Finno-Persian Legend
Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Posts: 16231
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 06:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


It's funny how you had to look up the definition of "echo chamber" and still don't understand how it works :alert:




Top
                 

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 5507
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 06:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


I looked it up so I could make sure I was specifically defining it for YOU moron. You're so clueless you don't even grasp the conversation that's being had with you.




Top
                 

Cool #9
Cool #9
Joined: 01 Dec 2000
Posts: 43355
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 06:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


10 bucks on Mazda being the next to go off the political deep end and giving up Quake3World because we don't agree with him.




Top
                 

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 5507
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 06:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


In case he doubts the capability of Trump divulging confidential information here's a link describing him doing just that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Tr ... y%20Israel.

Edit: I should have used a cnn link to piss him off some more. :olo:




Top
                 

Finno-Persian Legend
Finno-Persian Legend
Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Posts: 16231
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 06:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Eraser wrote:
10 bucks on Mazda being the next to go off the political deep end and giving up Quake3World because we don't agree with him.


You might as well just Paypal me now, unless your bet is as full of shit as your political acumen.




Top
                 

Finno-Persian Legend
Finno-Persian Legend
Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Posts: 16231
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 07:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Κracus wrote:
In case he doubts the capability of Trump divulging confidential information here's a link describing him doing just that.


lol, I never said he didn't, you hobo-looking wikimoron. You're both living in the wrong country if you're so worried about "US national security".




Top
                 

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 5507
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 07:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Why the fuck are you spazzing out then? If you know he did in the past then why would you argue that he's not going to do it in the future? Is your real name Susan Collins? Jesus Christ it's like talking to one of those fucking incels. It's like they have Tourette's but instead of cursing spontaneously it's random "Clinton emails!" "CNN bad!" "Covid is fake news!" "Women should like meeeee!" 0_o




Top
                 

meh...
meh...
Joined: 23 Mar 2000
Posts: 4163
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 07:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


I'm in the UK, so we've got our own set of problems, but US stability affects us all...




Top
                 

Cool #9
Cool #9
Joined: 01 Dec 2000
Posts: 43355
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 07:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Mazda thinks he's woke because he acknowledges Trump isn't the only danger. He apparently fell back to sleep right away because somehow he interprets my critique of Trump as me saying Trump and Russians is the only problem (despite me throwing the generic catch-all term "wrongdoers" in there as well, which ironically sounds awfully lot like a Bush-ism to me).




Top
                 

Finno-Persian Legend
Finno-Persian Legend
Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Posts: 16231
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 07:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


The bet's on, right? What's the cut-off date?




Top
                 

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 5507
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 07:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


vesp wrote:
I'm in the UK, so we've got our own set of problems, but US stability affects us all...



Don't worry, the "Why are you talking about american politics if you're not from the US" is a common trope people use when their arguments fall to pieces and they have nothing else to argue about.




Top
                 

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
Joined: 10 Feb 2001
Posts: 24381
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 08:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Captain Mazda wrote:
It's funny how you had to look up the definition of "echo chamber" and still don't understand how it works :alert:


Maybe you should look up the definition of gas lighting...




Top
                 

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
Joined: 10 Feb 2001
Posts: 24381
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 08:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Eraser wrote:
You ok bro?


It’s obvious he’s filled with a lot of hate. It’s sad really. No one deserves to live a life full of hate and anger. His unrelenting hatred of the US is a little concerning. Yes, the US has a shit ton of problems. But his hatred is radical...




Top
                 

Finno-Persian Legend
Finno-Persian Legend
Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Posts: 16231
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 08:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


You've managed to keep your head down and live your life as a status quo simp to survive in that third-world shithole and I commend you for it. Just don't ask me to feel bad when an illiterate, orange man-child unwittingly exposes your country for the regressive, corrupted, backwater rogue state you've been happy to call home as long as the shit was being flung across the ocean far away from your comfort zone :!:




Top
                 

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
Joined: 10 Feb 2001
Posts: 24381
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 08:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


See what I mean?

I hope you find peace, Mazda...




Top
                 

Finno-Persian Legend
Finno-Persian Legend
Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Posts: 16231
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 08:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


You seem to be fine with all the death, destruction, and poverty around you as long as your own personal comfort isn't being threatened. Sad how much you hate your own fellow citizens :(




Top
                 

Finno-Persian Legend
Finno-Persian Legend
Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Posts: 16231
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 09:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


vesp wrote:
I'm in the UK, so we've got our own set of problems, but US stability affects us all...


I said "US national security", which is what the Dutchie and French-Canadian are concerned about. The US has inflicted massive pain and destruction on the world for decades and will continue to do so, regardless of who is a sitting president. Brits had an opportunity to vote for Corbyn and distance themselves from American hegemony, but decided they'd rather have a Trump of their own.




Top
                 

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
Joined: 10 Feb 2001
Posts: 24381
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 10:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Captain Mazda wrote:
You seem to be fine with all the death, destruction, and poverty around you as long as your own personal comfort isn't being threatened. Sad how much you hate your own fellow citizens :(


lol, there is zero basis for this claim...




Top
                 

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 5507
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 10:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


It's probably projection honestly.




Top
                 

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
Joined: 11 Aug 2000
Posts: 48394
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 10:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


xer0s wrote:
Captain Mazda wrote:
You seem to be fine with all the death, destruction, and poverty around you as long as your own personal comfort isn't being threatened. Sad how much you hate your own fellow citizens :(


lol, there is zero basis for this claim...


Weeelllll, not really. You guys have a name for starting wars to protect interest....




Top
                 

Cool #9
Cool #9
Joined: 01 Dec 2000
Posts: 43355
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 10:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Yes, xer0s personally signed the declarations of war there.




Top
                 

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Posts: 5507
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 11:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Nah I mean spaz is right in that the US does orchestrate Coup in foreign countries. No one is arguing against that it just wasn't the topic that was being discussed when he brought it up. The responsibility of that does lie with the american people that just keep letting their government pull this shit and electing absolute fucking idiots that perpetrate the cycle. For their citizens to sit around claiming this is beyond their control is a little bit much if they aren't in the streets protesting. The age of accountability needs to come sooner than later.




Top
                 

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
Joined: 10 Feb 2001
Posts: 24381
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 11:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Eraser wrote:
Yes, xer0s personally signed the declarations of war there.


lol, this was my exact thought...

DB, Mazda was referring to me. Not the country...




Top
                 

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
Joined: 10 Feb 2001
Posts: 24381
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 11:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Κracus wrote:
Nah I mean spaz is right in that the US does orchestrate Coup in foreign countries. No one is arguing against that it just wasn't the topic that was being discussed when he brought it up. The responsibility of that does lie with the american people that just keep letting their government pull this shit and electing absolute fucking idiots that perpetrate the cycle. For their citizens to sit around claiming this is beyond their control is a little bit much if they aren't in the streets protesting. The age of accountability needs to come sooner than later.


The United States is a large ship. It’s going to be a slow process to turn it around. That process starts with getting Trump out of office. No, Biden isn’t ideal, but it’s going to take baby steps to get where we need to be. And if we can take a giant leap every now and then, that’s great. But the stage is already set for this election. There’s no other options...




Top
                 

Cool #9
Cool #9
Joined: 01 Dec 2000
Posts: 43355
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 01:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Also, it's easy to say the US populace shouldn't allow the gov't to behave like that but it's kinda hard to change anything if it's possible for a party to come out on top when a minority of the people has voted for it. The fact there's only two parties on the menu doesn't help either

Just compare this to a multi-party, coalition driven country like the Netherlands, where it's possible to start your own party and become an influential force in the national debates and on the political floor (see Wilders' PVV, Baudet's FvD or even the PvdD/Animal Party for recent examples). Of course, having to compromise on everything has it's downsides as well, but we're so used to it over here, we're all aware of that and more or less know what to expect.




Top
                 

Finno-Persian Legend
Finno-Persian Legend
Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Posts: 16231
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 01:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


xer0s wrote:
The United States is a large ship. It’s going to be a slow process to turn it around. That process starts with getting Trump out of office. No, Biden isn’t ideal, but it’s going to take baby steps to get where we need to be. And if we can take a giant leap every now and then, that’s great. But the stage is already set for this election. There’s no other options...


The crumbling infrastructure, financial crimes, mass poverty, lack of education or healthcare, prison-industrial complex, lack of clean water, caging and separation of immigrant families, illegal sanctions, torture, mass surveillance, and genocidal acts against other countries didn't bother you during the Obama years because he made you feel comfortable. America was perfect for you as a white dude with family wealth and you enjoyed knowing you live in the most powerful nation in the world that calls itself the beacon of justice and democracy. Nah, you were happy continuing to vote for status quo neoliberals because everything was just peachy until agent orange showed up. Now that he's made it obvious just how fucked your country is, you have to try and spew some platitudes about how important it is to take the country back so things can go back to how they were, just enough for you to have that warm fuzzy feeling as an American back.

Yeah you'll reply with "lol wow projecting much hehe..." and nothing else because you're not actually capable of having an original thought, much like the hobo-looking newfie who only jumps on popular opinions or the blockheaded anti-masker that died of covid.

xer0s wrote:
What's scary is that they aren't even being outcast by everyone. I realize some Muslims denounce their actions. But where's the rest of em? 25% of the world population is Muslim. Why is there not 1.75 billion people standing up and saying "stop it"?

Well they do share the same base religion, even though they obviously have a few different views. Just like non-violent blacks should stand up against black on black crime. Football fans should denounce fanatic rioters. Somalis should reject pirates. Peaceful Muslims are obligated by association...


Come on xer0s, as a citizen you are accountable for your country's actions because you voted for war criminals and never spoke or acted against their policies. Peaceful Americans are obligated by association...




Top
                 

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
Joined: 10 Feb 2001
Posts: 24381
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 01:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Captain Mazda wrote:

The crumbling infrastructure, financial crimes, mass poverty, lack of education or healthcare, prison-industrial complex, lack of clean water, caging and separation of immigrant families, illegal sanctions, torture, mass surveillance, and genocidal acts against other countries didn't bother you during the Obama years because he made you feel comfortable. America was perfect for you as a white dude with family wealth and you enjoyed knowing you live in the most powerful nation in the world that calls itself the beacon of justice and democracy. Nah, you were happy continuing to vote for status quo neoliberals because everything was just peachy until agent orange showed up. Now that he's made it obvious just how fucked your country is, you have to try and spew some platitudes about how important it is to take the country back so things can go back to how they were, just enough for you to have that warm fuzzy feeling as an American back.

Yeah you'll reply with "lol wow projecting much hehe..." and nothing else because you're not actually capable of having an original thought, much like the hobo-looking newfie who only jumps on popular opinions or the blockheaded anti-masker that died of covid.


Again, you’re making statements about me with no facts or basis. You’re saying all that stuff didn’t bother me. False. You’re saying Obama made me feel comfortable. False. You say America was perfect for me as a white dude with family wealth. False. You say I was happy voting for the status quo. False, you have no clue how I vote.

Captain Mazda wrote:

Come on xer0s, as a citizen you are accountable for your country's actions because you voted for war criminals and never spoke or acted against their policies. Peaceful Americans are obligated by association...


Wow. You quote a 6 year old post without any context? I must have really hit a nerve with that post for you to remember it and dig it up like that. But it’s all for nothing. Because I didn’t vote for war criminals. And I have spoke out against actions and policies. Again, you assume you know everything I’ve ever done.

Jesus Christ Mazda, you’ve got some deep seeded internal issues man...




Top
                 

Etile
Etile
Joined: 19 Nov 2003
Posts: 34473
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 02:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


jesus, this thread chugs along with low energy for weeks then you turn your back for five minutes and everyone's mad as hell all of a sudden




Top
                 

Elite
Elite
Joined: 25 Mar 2000
Posts: 9969
PostPosted: 10-27-2020 06:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


I concur. :dts:




Top
                 

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
Joined: 14 May 2000
Posts: 5838
PostPosted: 10-28-2020 03:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Makes for good reading though :)



_________________
Member: NAD&BTA
Your Friendly Neighborhood Quake Addict


Top
                 

reboot
reboot
Joined: 15 Jan 2001
Posts: 1484
PostPosted: 10-28-2020 01:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Eraser wrote:
10 bucks on Mazda being the next to go off the political deep end and giving up Quake3World because we don't agree with him.


You should have just made the bet on him being the first to lose his marbles over politics. You would have won. Maybe he has seen an influx of Americans in Canada, and some are moving into his neighborhood.




Top
                 

Finno-Persian Legend
Finno-Persian Legend
Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Posts: 16231
PostPosted: 10-28-2020 02:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


You just keep doing the same things over and over while expecting different results, doesn't bother me one bit <3

dekayd wrote:
Maybe he has seen an influx of Americans in Canada, and some are moving into his neighborhood.


Americans can't afford to live in Toronto. The pro-US crowd up here is mostly homegrown, but they're riddled with covid and diabetes :olo:




Top
                 

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
Joined: 16 Nov 1999
Posts: 34349
PostPosted: 10-28-2020 04:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Captain Mazda wrote:
The crumbling infrastructure, financial crimes, mass poverty, lack of education or healthcare, prison-industrial complex, lack of clean water, caging and separation of immigrant families, illegal sanctions, torture, mass surveillance, and genocidal acts against other countries didn't bother you during the Obama years because he made you feel comfortable. America was perfect for you as a white dude with family wealth and you enjoyed knowing you live in the most powerful nation in the world that calls itself the beacon of justice and democracy. Nah, you were happy continuing to vote for status quo neoliberals because everything was just peachy until agent orange showed up. Now that he's made it obvious just how fucked your country is, you have to try and spew some platitudes about how important it is to take the country back so things can go back to how they were, just enough for you to have that warm fuzzy feeling as an American back.

Yeah you'll reply with "lol wow projecting much hehe..." and nothing else because you're not actually capable of having an original thought, much like the hobo-looking newfie who only jumps on popular opinions or the blockheaded anti-masker that died of covid.




Just curious, is this directed at all Americans or just Xer0s?


So what's your suggestion to fix things Mazda? By your rants, it almost appears as if any effort is wasted which also suggests in-action. Isn't inaction the same as complicity?

I voted for Biden happily. Do I like him? Eh, not really but I do think he's a good man. I don't agree with his moderate stance and I'm aware it's voting for the moderates who also take big corporate $$$.

Our biggest problem is corporate and now foreign money in politics. "We the people" cannot match that kind of wealth to lobby (aka bribe) our way to a system that's for the people. These people get a taste of the money from the ultra-wealthy which still keeps them upper-class and detached from the rest of every-day Americans. We get the money out, we may have a chance to make some change.

I agree with Xer0s on his point that this is going to be a slow and almost impossible process to correct ourselves from the point we are currently at. Overturning Citizens United (aka corporate money in politics) would be a good start. However, to truly transform this country we'd need to elect what Trump calls the "radical left" as their policies seem to me to be rooted in fairness and our future generations (aka climate change and renewable energy). However, it's been stated that the American failed-state democracy is already too far gone to be repaired and may need to be rebuilt in time. This is where a vote for Biden is the only chance we have despite the known caveats to the vote. Not to mention that we may actually get a handle on Covid-19 with any semblance of national leadership.


With all that said, a vote for Trump is an instant knife to the heart of our democracy. Our democracy will not survive another 4 years of Trump and who knows what he will do to world alliances or what dictator he will align with. That in itself should scare the planet.

All of these issues we over-simplify but in reality they are complex in nature due to all the strings tied to each item we need to change. It's like what I tell folks in IT solutions, the most important thing when coming into a foreign network to make changes it to have the knowledge of "why" this shitpile of a configuration exists. I'd imagine given the security clearance some of these easy issues become significantly more complex.




Top
                 

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
Joined: 10 Feb 2001
Posts: 24381
PostPosted: 10-28-2020 05:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


raw wrote:
Just curious, is this directed at all Americans or just Xer0s?


Take a quick look at his post history. It’s obvious he holds great hate and discontent toward all Americans...




Top
                 
Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion


Post new topic Reply to topic


cron
Quake3World.com
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group