Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Currently watching..... on the TV

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Currently watching..... on the TV

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-04-2016 08:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am currently watching ...Forces of Nature with Brian Cox.

I am near sure you've heard of Brian Cox. A former rock star, then mathematician and now particle physicist; a brilliant presenter. I have watched the first episode of 4 and was impressed. I even learned a couple of new things like the 'potato radius' and the 'honeycomb conjecture'.

It is worth your time IMO.
Google international search results for the show.

Edit: Starting a YouTube topic along similar lines :|

Last edited by Whiskey 7 on 08-14-2019 09:42 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 08-04-2016 09:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sounds like your eyes are as big as your brain atm

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-04-2016 11:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah saw some TV stuffs from Brian Cox.
He's able to clearly explain quite complex concepts in a pop-science-esque way.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-05-2016 01:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What's on your watch list ?. TV sucks ass these days, reality shows n shit.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-05-2016 01:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TV, in the old regular broadcast sense? Nothing. Nothing at all. Well, some olympics events maybe but I think a lot of the important events are in the middle of the night here in EU.

Other than that, just finished season 4 of House of Cards, started watching Stranger Things. Diving into season 2 of Mr. Robot when I have the time. Should pick up Homeland again. Looking forward to the new Star Trek TV series.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 08-05-2016 03:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I downloaded Hunger Games 1 last time, so I'm gonna watch this at evening :)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-05-2016 04:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Well, some olympics events maybe....

Probably not going to view them this time around. Will boycot Daquar by not viewing it, either.
Despite falling back on regular channels to view other opinions, I regularily use it to stream content I want to watch, at that moment.

Last edited by Ferrao10 on 08-05-2016 04:33 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-05-2016 04:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just finished Stranger Things.

I think the only current show I'm watching now is The Night Of. It's pretty fucking good. Check it out (HBO).

I'm also looking forward to Westworld (also HBO), coming in October...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-05-2016 07:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just sat through 3+ hours of the Olympic Opening Ceremony :up:
First time I have watched at length and in HD. Not too bad, There are so many new nations :smirk: about this little sphere; such diversity in culture but all smile :) and that's nice to see it is it seems in our genes.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-05-2016 07:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:

I'm also looking forward to Westworld (also HBO), coming in October...

I saw the trailer in the cinema and screeched. I should be ashamed :/

Just going through Life on Mars then gonna be following it up with Ashes to Ashes.

Red Dwarf starts soon, Ash vs Evil Dead too. Other than that it's F1 and football til the Thrones starts back up.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-05-2016 08:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Life on Mars :question:
That's years old isn't it? I saw it on the TV (if it is the same one) .... Googles..... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_on_M ... _TV_series)

Yea, is it the same one losCHUNK?

plained
plained
PostPosted: 08-05-2016 08:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i watched the mr robots new seasons epis

yea y'know its ok, kinda average but meh

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-06-2016 10:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Just finished Stranger Things.

Im waiting for S2 too, S1 was great!

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-06-2016 10:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Life on Mars :question:
That's years old isn't it? I saw it on the TV (if it is the same one) .... Googles..... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_on_M ... _TV_series)

Yea, is it the same one losCHUNK?

Yea, it was alright, kinda what I expected tho - with the storytelling. Dunno what everyone was raving about. I had the ending spoiled for me so never got around to watching it.

You, Me and the Apocalypse was alright n all. Worth watching if you don't mind the biblical references.

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 08-06-2016 03:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Childhood's End, I read the book a loooong time ago, got the miniseries on record just need some time to watch it. I take it they don't mess with the whole "point" of it?

Myself I have been watching Amazon Prime and can heartily recommend:

Preacher (this has been getting mixed reviews, mainly because people are directly comparing it to the comics without realising that a direct translation of some of the comic material just wouldn't work, and I have great love for the comix)
Bosch (2 seasons) I haven't read any of the book series this is based on, but it is a very neat detective drama that will have you watching several episodes in a row, bish bash bosch...
Vikings (storming through season2). This is properly cool, had it recommended to me ages ago and have no idea why it toook me this long to start.

The first season of Mr Robot was good, but I also found it incredibly depressing! To the point where I'm putting off watching season2

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-06-2016 07:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Childhood's End is bloody good. 3 eps mini-series. Adaptation from Arthur C. Clarke novel.

It's aliens, but not like you'd think. Tywin is in it.

If not familiar with the book, do not look into it, as one single image would spoil the fuck out of it.

Watch it though. Rather bloody good :up:

It's worth watching the 1st episode atleast, I thought the following 2 could've been condensed to one but that 1st ep :up: :up:

Do not Google a bloody thing though. Come to Memph for links ;)

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 08-07-2016 06:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

BoJack Horseman. It's incredible. Highly recommended.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-07-2016 07:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Really? I tried the first three eps based on Will Arnett and Alison Brie but it didnt seem to stick?

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-07-2016 07:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's gonna stick for me

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 08-07-2016 01:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Really? I tried the first three eps based on Will Arnett and Alison Brie but it didnt seem to stick?

It may be one of those shows you need to watch most of to get a good handle on. I shotgunned all 3 seasons over the past week. The characters have depth and are flawed in ways that you can sometimes relate to and often empathize with. And they go through a lot of introspection and personal growth. The show pays more painstaking attention to continuity and details than I've ever seen. The season arcs are brilliant and the stories are often touching or super intense despite the backdrop of idiotic haha tomfoolery. It can be hilarious when it wants to, but chooses not to at times. The first 3 episodes weren't particularly memorable, and you're still getting to know the characters. I'd give it at least until the end of the first season before making up my mind.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-07-2016 02:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

new(4th?) episode of "the night of" tonight on hbo... first few very pretty cool, like most hbo stuff.

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 08-09-2016 03:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've been watching the 'Zoo' series on the telly, seems quite nice

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 08-11-2016 08:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

youtube conspiracies

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 08-11-2016 08:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

quakecon purple lamborghini

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-13-2016 02:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In the Shadow of the Moon (2007)

Not a movie per se so mentioning here.

I thought I would have seen this before but hadn't. A rather good documentary about the Apollo missions IMO. There was footage of stuff I had never seen before so I did enjoy all 100 minutes. With no special effects it made this special :)

Astronauts Collins, Cernan, Duke, Lovell and Aldrin (and others) did a great job personally narrating their experiences of the era.

Quote:
Storyline.
In the 1960s, US President John F Kennedy proposed landing a man on the moon before the decade was finished. This film has interviews with most of the surviving astronauts of the Apollo program who were making ready to make that great voyage with an army of experts determined to make the endeavor possible. Through training, tragedy and triumph, we follow the greatest moments of one of Humanity's great achievements.

Apollo Missions Wiki

R.I.P. The crew of Apollo 1 :tear:
Gus Grissom, Edward Higgins White and Roger Bruce Chaffee

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-14-2016 12:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Another episode of Forces of Nature with Brian Cox.

The question was asked while viewing "Do all planets spin (on their axis)?"

Googles... Rather interesting reads :up:
Seem they all do to some degree.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 08-20-2016 06:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The new Amazon 2016 release of The Tick is pretty good :up:

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 08-20-2016 06:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just finished up Stranger Things last night with the lady, absolutely loved it. Can't wait for season 2.

:up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-21-2016 09:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Block (season 12)

I am pretty sure you have something similar in your country. Contestants fight for survival in a mass renovation effort and when they sell the property they get to keep any money over the auction reserve figure. It is only the first episode (this season) so I really can't comment.
Wiki

It was on the same time as Survivor Australia; I recorded and will watch tonight.
Survivor Australia media item

My question to you is, do you have the same genre of TV program where you're at?

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 08-21-2016 09:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I stopped supporting amazon when they shoved out the transgender series to promote their nonexistant media production irrelevance amidst the identiy disorder acceptance destruction obama is suing to destroy society with.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-29-2016 07:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just finished The Night Of. Really good stuff. I hope they bring it back. It was marketed as a "Limited Series", whatever that is...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-29-2016 08:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Meh.. The finale was a little anticlimactic... Hung jury... Maybe some other dude did it?... Meh...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-29-2016 08:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-29-2016 09:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Archer S7.. it's aight, better than S6 tho

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-30-2016 03:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Maybe some other dude did it?... Meh...

Did you even watch the fucking show? lol, moron alert!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.