Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Overwatch

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Overwatch

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 07-06-2016 12:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh BTW, get excited. Blizzard posted a teaser for a new character. As widely suspected, it looks like it's going to be a support sniper.

[ARCHIVE] Communications Records of Ziegler, A. – Overwatch File 00231 – Security Classification: CONFIDENTIAL

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-10-2016 03:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So sometimes I destroy everyone and then I just lose my shit and can't do a damn thing

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-10-2016 04:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's a lot to do with the teams. I find with tracer I can get 56 eliminations 1 map and 5 the next. It simply depends on my team drawing enemy fire and disabling turrets. Sometimes it's my teammates being good at it (drawing fire), other ttimes it's the enemy team being bad at identifying threats.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 07-11-2016 02:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OMG! The cat ears on Genji, so fucking cute :olo:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-11-2016 03:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

w... t.... f...?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-11-2016 03:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Need that as a Reaper skin in-game though :eek:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 07-12-2016 10:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New hero: Ana, support sniper. delish.

http://kotaku.com/blizzard-announces-ov ... 1783522232

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-12-2016 10:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not Sombra then?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-12-2016 10:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think Sombra was the codename for Ana when she was an active Overwatch agent, or something. I think I'll stick to Mercy, as I can't aim for shit.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-12-2016 11:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Interesting - looking forward to her and some new maps

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-12-2016 11:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Practice... I was kinda shit at aiming when I started but having practiced some it's coming back now. Different characters have different aiming strategies too so there's that too.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-12-2016 11:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's not a matter of practice, it's a matter of reflexes. I can't track squirrely targets like I used to. I try to make up for it by learning the maps, tactics, timing, team composition, et cetera. Right now I'm trying to familiarize myself with the maps by running through them backwards. :o

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-12-2016 12:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm giving Zenyatta a bit more playtime lately. Thought he'd suck but with good use of the discord orb (don't attack any target without tagging them first) he can dish out some serious damage. He's really squishy though so I try to stick to a friendly tank (who I can then sustain with my healing orb)

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-12-2016 01:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've started practicing with Zarya lately, and I've really started to enjoy her. Especially in PUGs where most randos are quite content to shoot into my bubbles and charge me up to 100 energy. It's a shame I can't hit them with LMB...

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 07-12-2016 01:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I'm giving Zenyatta a bit more playtime lately. Thought he'd suck but with good use of the discord orb (don't attack any target without tagging them first) he can dish out some serious damage. He's really squishy though so I try to stick to a friendly tank (who I can then sustain with my healing orb)

Good news for you then! Zenyatta is getting buffed! Patch notes for the patch that's currently on PTR and available now [means you can also play Ana].

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20178523

In summary:

New Hero: Ana (Support). Her hero page.
Skins from the PTR. The Shrike skin is the one we've seen before in Gibraltar. BTW, based on the info we have at the moment, Ana is not Sombra.
Emotes, poses, intros, voice lines.
Training range.
Quick play match.
Credit goes to this dude from this comment.

Overtime changes to prevent tournament KotH cheese [Overtime fuse burns quicker if it lasts more than 20 seconds; Players respawn 2 seconds slower during Overtime]

1-Hero limit in Competitive Play! Again, cheese prevention. This is great because it's what competitive players have been asking for.

Self-healing abilities now charge ultimate abilities. As a result, some heroes’ ultimate costs have been adjusted. This affects Bastion, Lucio, Roadhog, and Soldier 76.

D.Va has some pretty significant buffs by means of changes to Defense Matrix:
Cooldown decreased from 10 seconds to 1 second
A new resource meter has been added. This meter will deplete while Defense Matrix is active and then recharge when it’s not in use.
Defense Matrix takes 10 seconds to reach full charge from empty
At a full charge, Defense Matrix will last for 4 seconds
Defense Matrix will now remain active as long as its assigned hotkey is held
.. and Self-Destruct:
Ultimate cost decreased by 15%
Explosion delay reduced from 4 seconds to 3 seconds
Explosion no longer damages D.Va (the player who activates it)

McCree's primary fire has less damage drop off now to compensate for the recent Fan the Hammer nerf. Should make him a more viable mid-range hit scan damage dealer.

Mercy was rebalanced. Caduceus Staff Damage Boost buffed back up from 30% to 50%, reversing the beta nerf. Resurrect now charges much slower, but doesn't prevent movement during activation. As well, Guardian Angel no longer has a cooldown. I think she's going to be more fun to play now, more mobile and less in danger when ressing. I don't mind the nerf to res charge rate either. It will prevent back to back quick resses, but it should still be available when needed. I'm sure Ana's presence will also affect what supports are chosen, so we'll see how it works out. BTW Silicone_Milk, Mercy's res was nerfed, you can come back now! :p <3

Soldier: 76 Heavy Pulse Rifle spread recovery will begin after a short delay (rather than instantly). I think this makes burst fire all the more powerful. You don't want it to spread now because recovery will take longer.

Zenyatta was also buffed up to 50 Health/150 Shield, again completely reversing the beta nerf. Orb of Discord and Harmony travel four times faster. Transcendence doubles movement speed and had its healing amount increased from 200 to 300 hps.

Plus, bug fixes and QoL changes.

Easy to say, the meta is going to be severely shaken up. Fun times.

Oh, and I know they're embedded in the linked article, but I'm adding them here directly from the official Overwatch channel for reference:

Ana Origin Story

Introducing Ana

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-12-2016 01:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Loving the Mercy changes. :up:

I have developed a knack for gliding into enemy ults, maybe now I can zip back out before getting fucked by D. Va.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-12-2016 01:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Zen is terrifying in the right hands.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 07-12-2016 04:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U4EA wrote:
BTW Silicone_Milk, Mercy's res was nerfed, you can come back now! :p <3

I never left :)
Been playing a lot of Hanzo, Zarya, and Mei. I hit top 700 score/min with hanzo in the U.S. at one point and was having a blast. Zarya really started to grow on me though and can't get enough.
That Mercy ult recharge time is a welcome change. I play Mercy when everybody's being cunts and "main" a hero instead of responding to what's actually needed. The ability to just chain rezzes was pretty silly.

That change for DVA's ult not damaging her is huge. Her E is suddenly a lot more useful too from the sounds of it. This is going to be a good patch.
New hero looks like shit though tbh. Why does Blizzard think we need a third sniper when most of their maps are claustrophobic and lack any significant LoS? I'd honestly would have maybe even preferred a new map instead.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 07-12-2016 10:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Holy shit, DVa immune to her own ult?
Shii-

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-12-2016 10:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Good post about the update - thanks U4EA

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 07-13-2016 10:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Any players in the US? Add me tsakali:101504

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-13-2016 11:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Holy shit, DVa immune to her own ult?
Shii-

Much good news

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 07-14-2016 12:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Apologies, some corrections.

U4EA wrote:
The Shrike skin is the one we've seen before in Gibraltar Anubis. BTW, based on the info we have at the moment, Ana is not Sombra.

This should say Anubis, not Gibraltar.

U4EA wrote:
As well, Guardian Angel no longer has a cooldown.

I completely misinterpreted this. The exact wording is "Guardian Angel instantly resets upon use", but that's listed under the set of changes for Resurrect. So it doesn't mean that Guardian Angel no longer has a cooldown, rather that using Resurrect resets Guardian Angel's cooldown. I.e. you can fly in, res, and fly out instantly, still making her slightly more mobile/durable during her most vulnerable moment [ressing], but not making her absurdly ping-pongable outside of that. This, plus being able to move while ressing, should hopefully result in a lot less *res the team but instantly die* moments, which really do de-value each usage when you die.

And some updates.

They're going to revert Mercy's damage boost back to 30% [i.e. current live levels]. Apparently Pharah and McCree were completely bonkers at 50% with 180 dmg direct hit rockets and 210 dmg primary fire headshots respectively.

They're also deliberating whether Zenyatta is too sturdy at 200 hp, and are considering lowering that to 175 hp instead [so, 25 extra hp over live instead of 50 hp as it currently stands on PTR].

New skins for existing heroes are coming before the end of summer.

Finally, Ana cosplay by someone's mum on Twitter.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-14-2016 01:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-14-2016 01:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What's the status on the XP thing with leavers in competitive? First Blizzard said they fixed it, but when it turned out they hadn't they said that now they had really fixed it (it wasn't before due to a bug). Yesterday, however, I was in a match that went on for two rounds and then we were nearing victory on round three and someone left on the enemy team, eventually resulting in the entire enemy team leaving. We got a victory there but still I only got a sliver of XP on my competitive ranking. Seems to me like I should've received at least 2/3rd of the XP I should normally get.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 07-14-2016 01:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Still not completely fixed.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatc ... 6#post-502

This was posted four hours ago.

Quote:
Hey everyone, quick update.

We believe we’ve found the source of the issues with Skill Rating you’re seeing and are in the process of deploying a probable fix on PC. This fix isn’t a guarantee and it may take about a full day before it hits all of our servers, so if you notice improvements within the next 24 hours, please let us know. (If you don't notice improvements, let us know that too.)

Again, this is just for PC only right now. If we see good results, we can then take steps to deploy the same fix on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Thanks again for all your reports, and for not backing down on this one. We're sorry you needed to be so persistent in the first place, but we're extremely grateful that you stuck with us.

Once the fix is fully deployed on PC, we'll check back in.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 07-18-2016 05:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Awesome Mercy compilation.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-18-2016 06:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If anyone wants to play on PC add me on battle net

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-18-2016 07:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What's your Battle.net tag? Mine's Eraesr#2665

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 07-18-2016 07:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

us or europe?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-18-2016 09:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

EU

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-18-2016 04:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd add you guys from across the pond, but I figure you want to play with a 350 ping about as much as I do. :(

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-19-2016 10:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My Internet connection is so bad at the moment that I think I get that ping on Euro servers

Memphis still needs to buy this game

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-19-2016 10:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I had lag issues tonight for the first time. But I had a chance to tool around with post-patch D Va for a while and I'm enjoying the changes. :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-19-2016 11:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shame that everyone wants to play as Ana now. Had to talk people out of picking a 3rd Ana in a game already. Jeez.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.