Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Overwatch

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Overwatch

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-22-2016 12:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I look forward to trying her out properly then; I have never gotten on with her because I felt she wasn't useful. This changes that.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-24-2016 07:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've always used her if no one else does for defense on first point. Her Teleport can be invaluable even if she's pretty meh. I guess that was the main problem with her though so that may change now! She'll be a proper Genji counter now, I fucking hate Genji...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-24-2016 07:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

also another McCree ult counter, lol.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-29-2016 02:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New map on the PTR called Oasis:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-30-2016 01:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh nice - I will give this a blast soon

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-30-2016 01:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Currently Zen can be killed by cars while ulting. :smirk:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-30-2016 05:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Currently Zen can be killed by cars while ulting. :smirk:

Wait, WAT?!

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-30-2016 10:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, and ghost-mode Reaper doesn't get hurt at all. It won't really matter, the cars aren't really anywhere near the fighting.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-30-2016 11:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've seen videos - it actually sort of makes sense

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-30-2016 03:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Disabling v-sync had helped my accuracy on mccree and widowmaker a little while back giving me a consistent 45-50% on widow and like 30-40% on mccree.
Upgraded videocard and pulling 60-70% acc on widow now and around 55% consistently on mccree.

Seeing this game with "ultra" video settings vs the low settings I used to run at is surprising. Zarya's abilities distorting the space around them is neat. Glass distortion in Gibraltar in attacking base was making me nauseous though.

I'm really enjoying the arcade mode with the random brawls. Looking forward to Season 3 as well.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-30-2016 07:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My GTX 1070 arrives in the mail Friday, along with a 27" G-Sync enabled monitor to take advantage of it. I just got a new mouse today, too, and I've already grown accustomed to it and I looove it. It's a G.Skill Ripjaws MX780. Every other gaming mouse I've tried over the last few years has been wank compared to the old Logitech M510 I've been using since college. :up:

Can't wait to do placements this weekend. :up: :up:

Last edited by Transient on 12-01-2016 12:30 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-30-2016 11:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've only played Overwatch with my 970 so I get all the fancy effects - it's a beautiful game.

I'm still running an MX518 that I've had forever. I've considered an upgrade but I'm unsure what to go for :/

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 12-01-2016 03:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Season 3 placement rough as fuck with the people leaving mid-match, mei trolls walling off the team every opportunity, and the widowmaker mains. What's even going on??

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-01-2016 04:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm waiting to place this weekend, maybe later. I'm hoping the idiots are done with their nonsense by then.

Allies should be able to go through Mei walls, but stand on top of them. Mei is a fucking bad idea for a character. The whole idea of slowing people down, let alone freezing them in place, is the antithesis of what this game is about. Character design 101, Blizzard. :down:

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 12-01-2016 05:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm wondering how they don't have a character which works similar to the gels from portal 2 that throws down puddles on the ground to give team speed boost or bounce them obscenely high when they jump on it

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-02-2016 12:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The only thing that helps against ice is salt, and it seems Transient has enough to spare :up:

Also, Overwatch wins GOTY at 2016 Game Awards

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-02-2016 01:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am loving Mei at the moment - I am pretty good with her. I will freeze your tits off, bro.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-02-2016 03:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck both of you. Mei sucks. :)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-03-2016 04:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

anyone played the new "oasis"map?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-03-2016 08:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nope
I don't PTR bro

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-03-2016 09:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Had just 2 games on it, its fun. And i love the look of that map.
Try PTR, its free dude ;)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-03-2016 09:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Im still using a hard time coping with Sombra :/

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-03-2016 10:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Im still using a hard time coping with Sombra :/

Mei is a great counter for Sombra

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-03-2016 10:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm annoyed that she can translocate while being frozen >:E

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-03-2016 10:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That is a frustration

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 12-03-2016 02:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Getting super tired of volunteering to fill the tank role and not getting any heals through the round.
Decided to try healing on Zenyatta and Mercy and suddenly winning a ton of comp matches.
I don't want to heal but I want to win...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-03-2016 04:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tell me about it. If I go tank, we have no healers. If I go healer, we have no tanks. I used to main as Mercy, then after about 120-odd hours playing as her, I decided to start switching things up. I'm now forced to go back to healing every other round because nobody else wants to do it. At least I'm getting better at Lucio and Zen now. :shrug:

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 12-03-2016 04:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We have healers but they dont heal. They want to be dps so their team dies.
Biggest problem right now is the pharmercy combo after pharah's buffs. These mouth-breathing jackasses complaining about not being able to bring down pharah because they haven't even considered maybe focusing mercy..... was just on a team where we had a mccree and soldier both complaining about how we have no counters to pharah/mercy

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-04-2016 01:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk wrote:
We have healers but they dont heal. They want to be dps so their team dies.
Biggest problem right now is the pharmercy combo after pharah's buffs. These mouth-breathing jackasses complaining about not being able to bring down pharah because they haven't even considered maybe focusing mercy..... was just on a team where we had a mccree and soldier both complaining about how we have no counters to pharah/mercy

LOL

I play quite a bit with Rein and also with a group of people regularly. So i always get the heals.

But in random play I've gold medals for doing the most healing as soldier :dts:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-04-2016 02:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've done that as Roadhog quite a few times...

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 12-04-2016 01:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It just gets worse and worse.
Placed gold, climbed to 2650, and then hit a losing streak and as SR drops the teams get more and more garbage.
2200s now lost every single game since hitting 2650 and people are just like "im goinna main pharah because rockets are fun! Who cares if they have mccree, soldier, AND dva? :^)"

Last edited by Silicone_Milk on 12-04-2016 01:48 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 12-04-2016 01:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Officially in silver now. SoloQ is broken as fuck. Consistently high plat (2900s) past seasons and plummeting in SR this season for no reason
The only thing different is that I decided to play comp on the weekends this season while I avoided the weekend crowd in the previous seasons.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-04-2016 02:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I had a run of shit teams bro

I placed BRONZE - exactly half of what I placed at before, points wise. Sucks.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 12-04-2016 05:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

silicone milk sounds like the worst player imaginable to play with. the kind that baby rages about everything. i would instantly troll if someone cried this much in game.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-04-2016 06:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd rather someone vent on a message board about it than vent in game chat, at least.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.