Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Overwatch

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Overwatch

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-06-2016 04:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

When would u not play on pubs? Nerd alert!!!...

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 06-07-2016 09:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so Jay Wilson is leaving Blizz

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/172154/jay- ... s-blizzard

good riddance

now if only Gabe Newell would fuck off

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-07-2016 01:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Whilst we're Gaben bashing (kinda), can we take a moment to recognise the abject failure of Steam Machines. Lol?

Did order me a Steam pad though. I look forwards to hours of fiddling for optimal comfort and precision for each and every game, then never playing them. :up:

Ordered one too :toothy:

Just wanted to try it out given how handy I have become with a PS4 pad on DOOM

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 06-08-2016 04:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U4EA wrote:
I'm sure at least part of my perception of Mercy is because I'm either not a good Mercy player [abysmal 26% win rate with Mercy vs. 64% with Lúcio], or I have the terrible misfortune of mostly getting grouped with bad players when I'm on her. In fairness though, the time I put in with Mercy was in the first days after launch, when I didn't really know the maps or the game that well. My Lúcio playtime is all more recent when my overall game knowledge and experience is higher. I don't think I would be as bad with Mercy if I picked her now, but with Lúcio being a sturdier choice for random pubs, it's hard to go back. Not sure if this invalidates my argument, but I don't think it does. I am going to try Mercy again soon and see if I can do better.

Have played another 24-ish games with Mercy over the past two days, with a win rate of ~50% [which is roughly where I would hope it to be], bringing my aggregate with her up to 33.3%. I have much better map awareness, positioning, and survivability, and I think I'm playing better as well; swapping to pistol more often, pre-planning escape routes & LOS breaks, using Guardian Angel more effectively, not being as reckless in trying to keep foolhardy teammates alive, etc. Feeling a lot better about her, but still don't think she's overpowered. My most effective res by far was 2 people [including our Reinhardt] with ~1 minute remaining near the end of Route 66 on attack. We were able to stick to the payload after that, and with some well timed ults from our Zarya, Hanzo, and Soldier 76, won the match in overtime.

What I love about Lúcio and Mercy is just how different their healing styles are, and how differently they play compared to each other. They are both really distinctive, and really fun to play, with different strengths and weakness. They really complement each other well :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-08-2016 11:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 06-09-2016 03:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That is awesome <3

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-09-2016 05:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 06-10-2016 11:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just got it for pc. Haven't went online yet, just messing around in practice.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-11-2016 12:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-11-2016 12:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

WTF :olo:

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 06-11-2016 01:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Every Toblerone Play of the Game:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-12-2016 11:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Holy shit this game is good.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 07:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So I've had a bit more playtime with this and I'm really hooked on this one which is surprising. I haven't played a decent fps game in a long while that I actually felt like it'll have any kind of longevity for me. One of my favorite fps games on 360 was shadowrun and it had a teleport ability that was pretty much mandatory for any class and knowing how to use it was essential. Naturally I absolutely love playing Tracer. Sooo much fun teleporting around making the enemy team scattered and chasing me or taking down the big tanks. I almost feel bad for Reinhart he has absolutely no chance against me and if I sneak up on Bastion he's toast.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 07:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

First game to get me back into online fpsing. I really liked enemy teritory, gameplay, so this overwatch sounded reminiscent of that, but even more diverse, polished and potential for long term fan base. Still rocking my gtx 460 , on it, getting nothing less than 40fps, the graphics don't really matter when I'm action, but I can't wait to see this baby running on a 1070...soon

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 07:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How would one go about ensuring that they can play with another buddy? I mean if I don't have enough friends to start my own game, is there a mechanism that allowed you and a friend to be placed on the same quick play/ public server?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 07:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There has to be, the practice area even has slots for a team of friends to play in so you must be able to join up at the menu screen somehow. At least on xbox one anyway.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 09:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Become friends on Battle.net and you can add friends to your group by inviting them through the "social" menu in the game.

If you then search for a game you'll enter the game with your entire group. Note that the game will try to match you against similar sized groups within a team, so of you play with 5 friends, be prepared to face hardcore teams of semi-pro's.

Oh and if you hit [enter] to chat, use the tab key to cycle between channels: everyone in the game, everyone on your team or everyone in your group.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 10:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have run with a group of 5 others a few times, and there are periods where we keep getting put up against the same enemy team of 6 over and over. It can make for some intense fights when you have a big group all on voice chat. :up:

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 12:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Become friends on Battle.net...

damn that seems pretty useful. Gotta say, I haven't played online since the enemy territory days, and at first the lack of a server browser threw me off. but I know find overwatch's quick game search to be an excellent system for the most part.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 01:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://kotaku.com/overwatch-update-nerfs-mccree-and-widowmaker

Quote:
So basically, McCree doesn’t hit quite as hard anymore (especially against characters he wasn’t supposed to be so viable against), and Widowmaker players need to start aiming for the head, not the body.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 09:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Interesting. This means the flash/alt fire combo is still a thing. 6 bullets at 45 DMG each still outputs 270 damage, enough to take out a lot of targets.

Haven't heard Blizzard mention Widowmaker before so that's a surprise. I expected them to boost D.Va instead as that was said in an interview to be something they explored.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 10:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's assuming you hit with all 6 shots, though. It just takes a tad bit more skill now. Same with Widowmaker's headshots still doing just as much damage; this patch doesn't really affect people who are already good at the game. Now if only they'd do something about Bastion....

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 11:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Landing all 6 shots when fanning the hammer shouldn't be difficult on a target stunned by flashbang.

Bastion isn't overpowered that much, you need to approach him with the right character the right way. Pharah can deal with him, as well as Widowmaker. I think Tracer might be an option due to her speed.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 11:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He just needs small tweaking, like reload time or magazine size.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-15-2016 12:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was a bit interested after reading all these enthusiastic posts, but fuck me, 60 euro's?!

Too expensive :(

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-15-2016 12:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's $40 here in the States if you buy it on the PC. :shrug:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-15-2016 12:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

also a complete game versus a $40 game with $50 worth of dlc added later.

and also more too: http://www.game-outlet.nl/pc-overwatch- ... -skin.html €49

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-15-2016 01:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hmm. Still pricey. Shame, don't play enough anymore to justify buying games at full price these days.

Or maybe i don't earn enough not to care :smirk:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-15-2016 02:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Considering how many hours I've gotten out of it already, and how many more I'm sure I'll get in the coming months, I figure it's worth it. :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-15-2016 03:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's €40 on PC, Ryoki. The origins edition with a bunch of added skins is €60.
Well worth the €40 imo.

Also, not sure why €60 surprises you. Isn't that what all new games cost these days? I was actually surprised the base game is only €40

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-15-2016 03:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Probably because i stopped buying games at full price years ago and back when i did newly released games were around 50 at most...

40 might be acceptable though!

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 06-15-2016 04:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Considering how many hours I've gotten out of it already, and how many more I'm sure I'll get in the coming months, I figure it's worth it. :up:

This. When it comes to quantifying price to entertainment value, gaming always comes out to be a very inexpensive proposition. Specially for online games were replayability, can potentially reach 100s of hours.

Oh and did I mention that the game is a lot of fun?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-15-2016 04:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Landing all 6 shots when fanning the hammer shouldn't be difficult on a target stunned by flashbang.

Bastion isn't overpowered that much, you need to approach him with the right character the right way. Pharah can deal with him, as well as Widowmaker. I think Tracer might be an option due to her speed.

Tracer is definitely viable against bastion as long as you flank him and get close before he notices you. Takes 3 clips to end him but by the time he realizes he's being attacked you're already into your second clip.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 06-15-2016 05:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Or u can run on him and place the sticky bomb

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-15-2016 06:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Genji's annoying for bastion as well with his deflect ability. Before you notice, you're dealing all that damage to yourself.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.