Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The Expanse - Some new Sci Fi shit

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: The Expanse - Some new Sci Fi shit

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-06-2016 12:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You nerds need to watch this :D

Basically - in the future Mars is colonised, Earth is Earth and in the asteroid belt there's the 'belters' who are pretty much miners. They've all kind of formed their own governments and have issues with each other for varying reasons. The belters are like the pesky unionists demanding better pay (or water and air) whilst Mars and Earth are locked in a kind of cold war situation.

I'm on ep5 and I can't believe SyFy made something worthwhile and the best thing is it hasn't been cancelled yet :D

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-06-2016 01:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If I can watch it online, I'll watch it, but I cut the cord years ago.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-06-2016 03:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It looks awful.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-06-2016 03:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 03-06-2016 03:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've read the books, they are fairly decent and "accessible" series... (although one is awful - book 4 I think, felt rushed and had the plot shoe-horned into the location)

should be good for a tv series.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-06-2016 03:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thank you losCHUNK for the topic. I do like my sci fi as you'd know :D
I'll have to find a torrent :cough: :cough: as I don't have sat/cable TV but checking......

You guessed maybe. I get this error on trying to get via my ISP :smirk:
This product is no longer available for purchase online.
Customers with an existing TV with Fetch service can manage their account via Toolbox and the TV menu through their set top box.

Set top box? Checks calendar. I was right, it is 2016

Checking further I can get an app (?) but who in their right mind watches TV on a tablet?

Oh goody, torrents located :D

plained
plained
PostPosted: 03-06-2016 04:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am always ready for any sci fi seriez

I dont thing there are any i dont like!

They did good with defiance and the 100 so this will probly be good too

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 03-06-2016 08:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've been watching it. I feel the pacing of the show is a little off, kind of slow to start with. I'm not sure how likable the main characters are, they seem a bit dry. It shows potential so I'm hoping it picks up a little.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-07-2016 01:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey, Mike Ehrmantraut is in it!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.