Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Game of Thrones (season 6)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Game of Thrones (season 6)

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 06:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
xer0s wrote:
I don't think any foreshadowing is needed for dragons in Kings Landing. I think everyone assumes they'll be there eventually...

So ?, is that a criticism of the show ?. It's there.

edit: oops

Just making a statement about the dragons. Not trying to make a point...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 06:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
:up:

That's kinda what I'm getting at, she placed her house in a precarious position, backing the losing team due to loyalty, I thought that character was one of the best things to come out the season.

Agreed. The little girl is a spitfire. But I fear with all the praise she's getting, the show runners will overdo it and start throwing her in where they shouldn't and she'll become annoying. I hope I'm wrong...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 06:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@1st reply

Aye, I only used it to re enforce my opinion of foreshadowing though, as they were doing it and I think that was the bigger hint at their own foreshadowing.

As you said, we know there will be dragons ove KL, maybe.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 06:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
:up:

That's kinda what I'm getting at, she placed her house in a precarious position, backing the losing team due to loyalty, I thought that character was one of the best things to come out the season.

She also realized what the Boltons were about. You either die fighting them or they burn your entire House down after they deem you expendable, or worse, survive long enough to be zombified by the Night King.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 07:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

and, this face

I bloody loved this season, I did. Can't remember the last time I went this mad for a show.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 07:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There have been dragons over KL in the past. Just saying.
Not placing any bets on either end of the theory myself yet

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 07:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aye which is why it was unconfirmed and still a hint until that scene ;) , but at that time - before the ep, the dragons were the bigger hint at future events imo.

Trust me, that wasn't an accident or money saving technique. They wouldn't do that, it's like when Bran called out to Ned, straight away you knew they were hinting at something, wether they keep pulling the thread is a different matter.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 07:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
Oh yeah, my new favourite side character is now Lyanna Mormont - who appears to be made of 100% pure awesome.

She also used to look like this:

Or more famously, this:

One of my first screen crushes. What a woman :D

Last edited by Mat Linnett on 06-28-2016 07:32 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 07:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
Ryoki wrote:
Oh yeah, my new favourite side character is now Lyanna Mormont - who appears to be made of 100% pure awesome.

She also used to look like this:

Or more famously, this:

Naw you're thinking of the elder Tyrell woman. Lyanna is the kid.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 07:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why did the mad king have barrels put under the church thing en ?, convenience for plot ?

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 07:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why the church ?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 08:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, mostly that yes.
It was a last resort sort of thing too. Burn the city rather than giving it up to the enemy. He also believed the wildfire would set his inner dragon free or sommat

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 08:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Olenna also had another awsome scene. Telling each of the Sand Snakes to shut the fuck up :smirk:

:olo: :up:

Pity we didn't see more of those tits though :ninja:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 08:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:

You've already mentioned that.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 09:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe a very tiny slither of a bit of it perhaps.
You got the hots for Kate Mulgrew? I'll stick to Jeri Ryan tyvm :)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 05:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here's a (admittedly rather nice) video from ESA featuring Aiden Gillen and Aisling Franciosi who play Littlefinger and Lyanna Stark in GoT respectively

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 06:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HBO released this graph confirming what some don't want to accept. Jon's true parents...

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/prod ... nfographic

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 07-04-2016 02:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

next time someone says "omg so beautifully shot", show them this.
thought it was pretty cool

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-04-2016 03:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here's a making-of kind of thing for the battle:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-18-2016 09:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Next season in summer 2017 instead of April (and only 7 eps)
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/18/ga ... s-season-7

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.