Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Game of Thrones (season 6)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Game of Thrones (season 6)

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-21-2016 06:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aye I figured his status as a bastard would be a bigger problem, I wasn't sure if the show was overlooking this though. Stannis offered to legitimise him once he become king n all, although I spose a king can do what he wants :shrug:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-21-2016 08:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Tormund is the dude

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-21-2016 08:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He fucked the Umber cunt right up

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-21-2016 11:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's awesome, where can i order one?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-26-2016 07:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow. I'm still trying to process everything that happened in that episode. It was jam-packed.

So Dani is finally off to Westeros and it looks like she has some new allies with Dorn and Highgarden (she now has a massive army).

Cersei is on the iron throne after the king made a splat cause she blew up the religious nuts and the Tyrells.

Arya is now a badass assassin, back in Westeros, knocking people off her list.

Bran finds out Jon is not Ned's, but half Targaryan.

Jon tells the red woman to kick rocks and is declared King of da north.

Sansa has mixed feelings about Jon's new title as Littlefinger continues to pull the strings.

Oh, and Sam has a lot of reading to do.

Whew! That might be the most progressive episode to date.

Awesome season, maybe the best yet...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-26-2016 09:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wat the fuck yo

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 06-26-2016 09:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That was awesome.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 09:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow....that was incredible

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 10:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Seemed like it took Varys a very short time get back to Meereen from Dorne. That was my only complaint for the episode.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 11:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, there were several time jumps, or whatever you want to call them. But how else are they supposed to move the story/episode along? Are they required to wait an episode or two between cities? How does that make sense either? If you played two or three episodes back to back, you would get the same effect, character moving quickly...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 11:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also confirmed

Bran can see the future

There were some cracking shots in that episode, was an amazing mood from start to finish.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 08:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Also confirmed

Uh, how? Is this an internet rumour or something deducted from the episode? If the former, you'd better remove it, even if its between spoiler tags. Those have been devalued because of improper use in this thread (stuff that happened in the episode really doesnt need spoiler tags)

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 08:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keep your jimmies on.

part of the explosion (the barrels) was in one of his visions

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 08:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oic. I'm pretty sure that was the Battle of the Blackwater bay though

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 08:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I may have a memory conflicting with something I've seen in an advert but I'm 99% sure I'm remembering it from his visions. The scene was exactly the same. Memph drew my attention to it actually, as it obviously wasn't the hold of a ship and I thought the same as you.

Last edited by losCHUNK on 06-27-2016 09:00 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 09:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also the improper use of spoiler tags. I get bollocked all the time for spoilers, it's a theory after all and some people don't like it when you score a hit , such as suggesting someone in Star Wars dies, so I slap them in all the time.

Then still get bollocked :p

Also if I'm not using spoiler tags for show spoilers nor actual spoilers what do we use them for ?, my head hurts :(

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 09:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Found it for you dude

Memphis wrote:
I was pleasantly surprised to see Varys there at the end. He'd turned up post Dany leaving, sent that hooker harpy off to where an attack then comes from and then runs off again, two minutes before she returns.
I was really expecting shenannigans.

Yup :), I also liked how littlefinger was forced to reveal his hand before getting blind sided. This season has been non stop fan service :up:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 11:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
This season has been non stop fan service :up:

This is also a reason to worry; who is left to hate now? Queen C and thats about it...oh there is the Iron Island guy I guess. This means good on good warfare, unless it just goes full cheese and everyone unites against the White Walkers, defeats them and carves up the kingdom equally, which would be horse shit given how the show has gone up until now. And I don't think they will do it, so get ready for seeing some of your favourite characters killed.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 11:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
This season has been non stop fan service :up:

quite.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 11:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Found it for you dude

Ah yes you're right.
I remember that when I saw that I assumed it was a reference to the mad king wanting to blow up all of King's Landing, but that eventually never happened.

As for spoilers, what I find confusing about the use of spoiler tags in this thread is that people are putting them around descriptions of events already portrayed in the episodes that have been aired. To me it's kind of obvious that if you aren't up-to-date with the series, you're not reading this thread, so it's kind of useless to use spoiler tags for those things. So I end up clicking open every spoiler tag anyway, because I expect there to be information from the latest episode. If a spoiler suddenly turns out to spoil something that hasn't been shown on the show yet, then that's a bit of a bummer.
Your info isn't really a spoiler IMO as it's about what has already been shown in the show and not, say, something leaked by one of the actors or writers of the show.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 11:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
This is also a reason to worry; who is left to hate now? Queen C and thats about it...oh there is the Iron Island guy I guess.

Don't forget about Littlefinger :) I'm thinking the Iron Island guy is going to be next season's main bad guy - sort of an incarnation of the drowned god maybe... Also a little sad to see Marjory (or however one spells that) perish, she was a pretty good player of the game of thrones. Not good enough though!

Oh yeah, my new favourite side character is now Lyanna Mormont - who appears to be made of 100% pure awesome.

Last edited by Ryoki on 06-28-2016 05:02 AM, edited 2 times in total.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 04:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm still a bit shocked by what Cersei did, way to trim the acting budget :olo:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 05:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm still not convinced Bran can see the future. I'm not sure that's what HBO was trying to convey with those visions. I really think they were trying to give us a glimpse at what the mad King was attempting to do and they needed some footage of dragon fire. They already had footage created for the last episode, so they threw it into the visions.

Of course, I could be way off here, but I think it's a possibility...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 05:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:

Oh yeah, my new favourite side character is now Lyanna Mormont - who appears to be made of 100% pure awesome.

She's been high on my list for quite a bit of time already. She is awesome.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 05:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
I'm still not convinced Bran can see the future. I'm not sure that's what HBO was trying to convey with those visions. I really think they were trying to give us a glimpse at what the mad King was attempting to do and they needed some footage of dragon fire. They already had footage created for the last episode, so they threw it into the visions.

I can't say for sure either. On one hand, the way it's coupled with Aerys Targarean (the mad king) shouting "burn them all" it does appear like it's related, but then again, it's the exact same footage and, like I said, the mad king never actually got to igniting the wildfire because he had a terminal run-in with Jaime Lannister.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 05:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
If the latter, why would she be so invested? Surely, bannering up at all would only guarantee retaliation from a greater force, should the battle have been lost.

Maybe she was skeptical at first but after getting a better look at the current situation (after the battle) her sense of honor and duty is growing.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 05:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CGI is expensive. Just sayin...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 05:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
xer0s wrote:

It clearly shows the 'little birds' with wildfire flasks and the shot of the barrels exploding is the same.

Yeah, I see no little birds. I see grown-ass men...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 05:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
It clearly shows the 'little birds' with wildfire flasks and the shot of the barrels exploding is the same.

Those aren't Qyburn's "little birds" filling the barrels with wildfire so I would think it's safe to assume that it's actually Aerys' pyromancers doing it, which kind of enforces the idea of the explosion being a glimpse of the past. Also, it was confirmed that barrels of wildfire were hidden under Baelor's Sept by Aerys as well, so those barrels were already lying down there for years and not recently placed by Cersei.

The game of thrones wiki mentions the following as well:
Quote:
While still looking into the past and fleeing from the White Walkers, Bran Stark sees the Mad King's final hours as king in the waning days of Robert's Rebellion. The vision depicts the ordering of wildfire being placed around King's Landing, and Ser Jaime Lannister killing Aerys as he continuously screams, "Burn them all!".

So I'm still not entirely convinced it was a glimpse of the future Bran had, also because it would be one single flash-forward among a dozen flashbacks. And like xer0s said, CGI is expensive. I remember the D.B. Weiss (or the other dude whose name I forgot) mentioning that the CGI for Battle of the Blackwater cost just as much as the rest of the entire season.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 06:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What you're all forgetting is that GoT don't do shit by accident or something so obvious on purpose. I too played with the idea of an alternate history, or perhaps an unknown past event but as soon as they showed that scene, you can't argue with it imo.

I actually think they're foreshadowing, they showed dragons over KL too ?. Well, shadows of dragons.

I also think the foreshadowing is something more sinister, as Cersai is now gonna go postal, almost a mad Queen if you will and what will Jaime do ?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 06:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't think any foreshadowing is needed for dragons in Kings Landing. I think everyone assumes they'll be there eventually...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 06:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
The Mormonts. Do they just have bugger all fightin' mens, or was she being stingy?
If the latter, why would she be so invested? Surely, bannering up at all would only guarantee retaliation from a greater force, should the battle have been lost.

I think she kept some on the back burner, as she was taking a huge risk and didn't want to be left undefended, physically and politically. Smart girl.

I think the more important thing is that they declared fealty to the Starks.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 06:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
I don't think any foreshadowing is needed for dragons in Kings Landing. I think everyone assumes they'll be there eventually...

So ?, is that a criticism of the show ?. It's there.

edit: oops

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 06:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

She also showed more balls and loyalty than any of the other so-called Stark bannermen combined.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 06:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:up:

That's kinda what I'm getting at, she placed her house in a precarious position, backing the losing team due to loyalty, I thought that character was one of the best things to come out the season.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.