Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        No Man's Sky

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: No Man's Sky

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-27-2016 10:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:

boom

tho mebbe fake. refunds missing an s.

Maybe Steam are getting a refund for their copy of No Man's Sky

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-27-2016 10:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

also "play time" is two words

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-27-2016 11:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-02-2016 04:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No Mario's Sky:
https://asmb.itch.io/no-marios-sky

Run around with Mario across procedurally generated worlds that you can visit using Mario's very own spaceship!

redline
redline
PostPosted: 09-02-2016 07:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
No Mario's Sky:
https://asmb.itch.io/no-marios-sky

Run around with Mario across procedurally generated worlds that you can visit using Mario's very own spaceship!

Brilliant :up:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-02-2016 07:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pretty smart to release something like that right now, with all this procedurally generated stuff on everyone's mind, thanks to NMS. Mario game like that may not be as interesting a couple years from now...

redline
redline
PostPosted: 09-02-2016 07:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Pretty smart to release something like that right now, with all this procedurally generated stuff on everyone's mind, thanks to NMS. Mario game like that may not be as interesting a couple years from now...

Made in 72 hours :eek:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-02-2016 09:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It clearly is an elaborate joke, nothing more.
Ironically, the thing becomes really boring once you realize that the third planet is equally boring and not very different from the second or first planets. Controls suck balls as well.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-03-2016 12:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

they could have taken a 'done when it's done' approach but the legions of fanboys screaming for early access these days makes that near impossible unless you're id or valve or someone like that

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-10-2016 11:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
I was about to ask the same question, anybody here actually playing No Man's Sky :question:

So, is anyone playing this and wants to stick up a hand?
Please tell us of your experience before we invest :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-21-2018 03:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is this news?
https://www.theguardian.com/games/2018/ ... -interview

I seem to recall playing No Man's Sky or was it another similar game :smirk: Off to sarch HDDs.... Found remnants from September 2016.. I wonder if I paid or was it a beta...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 07-22-2018 12:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's not a patch on elite dangerous

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-22-2018 10:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the trailer looks pretty decent (but fuck 3rd person)

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-23-2018 05:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
It's not a patch on elite dangerous

Do you play it? I was excited when it was first announced, but every time I see a video update it still looks like a pay-to-play alpha version of an MMO.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 07-24-2018 02:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I haven't touched Elite in over a year now. While it makes a good first impression, you soon realise that there's not actually very much of substance to do. I think the last time I logged in was to give their revamped missions a go, and realised I spent more time warping between systems to get to my goal than actually playing.

NMS has more to do, and there's even a narrative to explore, but I find it gets bogged down in busywork and finnicky survival game mechanics.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-25-2018 03:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm enjoying it immensely. The survival aspect is great and the exploration is very well done. I could see the randomly generated worlds becoming stale after a while but so far they're doing a great job of keeping me entertained. I can't wait to get home and play some more.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-25-2018 05:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Funny thing.. It just appeared when I logged into Steam and is being offered at a 50% discount.. Might have to think on this one...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 07-25-2018 10:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Might get this on X1 when it's on sale, looks like an actual game now.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.