Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Star Trek Beyond

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Star Trek Beyond

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 05-21-2016 09:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This trailer actually makes it look good

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-21-2016 10:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck that

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 05-21-2016 10:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks like the same VFX crew that worked on the movies.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-21-2016 10:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Actually just watched the trailer, I'm not gonna piss my pants with excitment but it looks like they're trying to make a new story now, rather than rehash. Promising.

Captain Mazda wrote:

I thought it had a bit of a TNG feel with it floating through the solar system :)

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-21-2016 10:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, this trailer is much better than the Beastie Boys trailer.

But it still looks like a major action flick. I just wish they'd move away from that and take Star Trek back to its roots, more science and story, less action...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-21-2016 10:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

From what I have seen of the series so far (nothing is concrete) it's set pre-TNG. Havn't seen anything to suggest that it will be in the movie universe. CBS confirmed it won't be a spin off either.

So long as I get my series then the movies can do whatever the fuck they want :up:

I also think the movie rights and TV rights are owned by seperate companies ?, Viacom and CBS ?. That's fantastic news if true :D

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 05-21-2016 10:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Actually just watched the trailer, I'm not gonna piss my pants with excitment but it looks like they're trying to make a new story now, rather than rehash. Promising.

Captain Mazda wrote:

I thought it had a bit of a TNG feel with it floating through the solar system :)

I got that vibe with the camera sliding past stars and dead planets, looked very similar to the end titles of the last two movies. I've never been a Trekkie but I might check out the show if the acting will be good. It's definitely the best part of the new movies.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-21-2016 10:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I hope it succeeds, if only because if it doesn't then it will be blamed on a lack of demand and get moth balled again.

I know it's up against it. Just maybe it'll come together though.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-21-2016 12:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Won't it only be available on CBS's streaming service? Not sure if that's good or bad...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-21-2016 12:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CBS online and the television are apparently seperated within the company so it is their project and for their service, that's the story anyway.

I don't think it can be seen as good though, even if they throw money at it then it's gonna be aired to a limited audience.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-21-2016 01:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Won't it only be available on CBS's streaming service? Not sure if that's good or bad...

And various torrent sites

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-21-2016 01:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can't get too excited about it all BTW. Since JJ Abrams everyone seems to have forgotten what Star Trek was all about, except for the people that are working on Axanar but that's on the verge of being foxed.

The Alpha and the Omega
The Alpha and the Omega
PostPosted: 05-21-2016 08:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah it looks alright....but it ain't got nothing on this:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-21-2016 09:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Director of that film is a producer on the new show :D

Guy is almost as important as Roddenberry, if that film was never released then Star Trek would've been lost forever. They have Fuller too, who wrote a lot of ds9 and Voyager. It's those 2 that are keeping my hopes up for this show, they have Kurtzman n all who was co-writer ? for the 2 more recent Star Trek movies, not great but atleast it isn't some newbie. I think they're using his production company too.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-21-2016 10:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Synergy wrote:

Synergy, 10 years away :eek:
Welcome back to Q3W :D

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-21-2016 10:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just assumed he found residence on another board.

Hies :)

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-22-2016 01:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks all fine until the motorbikes show up

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-22-2016 03:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
I just assumed he found residence on another board.

Hies :)

Are there other boards?

The Alpha and the Omega
The Alpha and the Omega
PostPosted: 05-22-2016 04:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Has it been that long? Thought I was posting here a year ago. :ninja:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-09-2016 08:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Got VIP tickets for the first release night :up:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-09-2016 08:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I noticed you said tickets

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.