Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The Euros ! (sponsored by Arabs)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The Euros ! (sponsored by Arabs)

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 01:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The only thing better would be if they defeat Portugal in the final.

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 01:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wales- Iceland final for teh win (but unfortunately very unlikely!)

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 02:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

vesp wrote:
btw, every international tournament I'm reminded of how godawful the english commentators are. Even up to the last few minutes their chat was to belittle Iceland, as if England should automatically be better just because they're the larger country...

not on 5live they weren't. danny mills and the other guy slagged england off non-stop through the second half, deservedly so

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 02:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aye, I should rephrase that to mean the mainstream TV commentators. I think in general the 5live commentators are meant to be decent? Should have muted the telly and put on the radio :)

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 02:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I bet it still isn't sinking in how poor England are as a team. This was the first match I've watched. I stopped just after the 2nd half.

As someone that regularly went to see the team I support and Man U games I think footballs a broken sport. I just can't support these people with shaped eyebrows and thier own nightclubs.

Think I'll stick to the UCI downhill on redbull.tv and rugby union thanks.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 02:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 04:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
I stopped just after the 2nd half.

Yeah most of us do, as that's when the game ends :tard:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 07:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
vesp wrote:
btw, every international tournament I'm reminded of how godawful the english commentators are. Even up to the last few minutes their chat was to belittle Iceland, as if England should automatically be better just because they're the larger country...

not on 5live they weren't. danny mills and the other guy slagged england off non-stop through the second half, deservedly so

:up:

Eddie Howe would be my choice, give him time. I touted him to replace the Hodge in the last WC too. Credit to Iceland though, England may have been devoid of ideas but Iceland were playing some steadfast football.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 08:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Goodbye my English friends

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 09:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shocked by that...but once again team spirit wins out

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 09:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PrMink wrote:
Doombrain wrote:
I stopped just after the 2nd half.

Yeah most of us do, as that's when the game ends :tard:

I think you know what I mean, tool.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 09:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
England now Googles 'football' :olo:

Lol

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 03:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
I bet it still isn't sinking in how poor England are as a team.

100% this. they flattered to deceive in the group stage, but ultimately a combination of a shit goalkeeper, clueless manager, and inability to create anything in the final third meant they destined for Engxit

Iceland have actually played pretty well, so all the post-match commentary was condescending. so what if they have only 330,000 people? if they can find 11 decent players out of that it's game on

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 03:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:

:olo:

to be fair though, Bojo put a lot of crosses into the box

the box marked 'Leave the EU'

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 09:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

rofl

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 10:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, absolutely brilliant :olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 10:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

a version that isn't blocked:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 11:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 11:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aye, lol

This one aswell

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 01:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 01:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Next squad should be selected from the championship.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 01:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Or purely on who is playing well at that time, rather than going for the same people out of loyalty.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 02:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

any bets on next head coach

i heard Shearer's name mentioned

LOL

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 07:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Please let that be true. Eddie Howe if he needs to be English, Brendan Rodgers might not be a bad shout in a pinch either. There's no one else. If Rafa was available I seriously think he'd be epic for England, he might even be willing to accept n all. The fans will tear him apart though.

I've seen the likes of Redknapp get a mention, along with Fat Sam... Gary Neville too :olo: . If it's any of them 3 or Shearer the comedy that will be on display should be epic, I'd imagine it's just their agents blustering though.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 12:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sam would be a good choice

I'd try for Klinsmann, personally. Though a German heading the England team might rustle some jimmys.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 03:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Sam would be a good choice

I'd try for Klinsmann, personally. Though a German heading the England team might rustle some jimmys.

Imagine Rudi Völler coaching the Dutch team

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 04:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tony Pulis. Fire some fucks into them.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 06:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Good Newport lad is our Tony - my Dad knew his Mum but I never had the pleasure of meeting him

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 09:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

when you said your dad knew his mum...

also, Klinsmann would be a decent choice, jimmys 'n all

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 09:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
when you said your dad knew his mum...

also, Klinsmann would be a decent choice, jimmys 'n all

Not unless my Dad got her up the stick 5 years before he was born :smirk:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-30-2016 11:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Poland !

I know his brother, niece and nephews. They drink in the harriers (Pulis), proper Pill Boys :up:

Here he is outside lol, he turned up for a charity match unannounced in aid of a Newport kid stricken with meningitis, guessing he was just in the area. Top bloke.

Can't believe you'd recommend Fat Sam n all, I'm gonna have to find some of his quotes now :)

Quote:
“I’m not suited to Bolton or Blackburn, I would be more suited to Internazionale or Real Madrid. It wouldn’t be a problem for me to go and manage those clubs because I would win the double or the league every time.”

Quote:
“I don’t think there is any coach more sophisticated than me any more, that’s not trying to criticise any other coaches. But there is only Arsene Wenger who has done it longer than me. I’m just as good as everybody at this stage.”

Quote:
“It rankles with me at times that I have to remind people what I have done. You have to accept it for what it is. If you start talking about it too much, you just get labelled big-headed, people go ‘He’s blowing his own trumpet again, what’s he on about this time?’ but if no one else is going to talk about it, you have to talk about it. You have to fight your own corner.

“The lingering long-ball sh*t, the old style, all that rubbish that’s never been me and never been a part of what I am.”

And his parody account ?

Quote:
Big Sam is a mountaineer. A mountaineer of life - wearing the hiking boots of experience and using the trekking pole of understanding.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-01-2016 01:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I do like Hippo Head to be fair

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-01-2016 03:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's so amusing watching these things from the outside without any real interest on the topic.
Go Iceland, though. Great team spirit, I heard they are travelling to France in Dingies.

Pissed myself at the Good/Bad img :up: .

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-01-2016 09:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

come on you Welshbr0s

Belgium is where Brussels is. if you can fuck them once in a week, you can do it again you Brexiteering arse-limpets :)

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-01-2016 09:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fucking hurry up

Wanna smash some waffles. Let's see if they can play the anthem at the right speed n all.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.