Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The Cultural Implosion Catalogue

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The Cultural Implosion Catalogue

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-20-2017 01:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ahh, so that's what Trump was referring to with his "Sweden" remark! It's the PewDiePie scandal!

(He's Swedish, for who hadn't caught on yet)

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-20-2017 05:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
shaft wrote:
I honestly don't know anything about him. I didn't follow the story.
I stand by my...

Yeah you definitely need to follow up to make sure someone has a proper excuse for saying "death to all jews". cunt.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-20-2017 05:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Context, man, you're missing half of it.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-20-2017 06:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OMG, look at that! Shaft is an anti-semite. He hates jews! I got the proof right here. He clearly said he wishes death upon all jews. It's undeniable that he posted such a thing. That shit doesn't need defending.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-20-2017 06:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Context is everything, censoring words or phrases is fucking retarded and getting offended by them, even more so. Cartman in South Park is constantly Jew bashing in a similiar way to him.

The guy is a knobend, end of, he deserved to lose followers for nothing more than that but the treatment he's getting, like being branded a racist and having the internet bandwagon on political correctness is dumb as shit.

It's like the rape arguement we had, it's like the slightest mention of a word or phrase triggers someone into PC warrior. It restricts discussion and creates divides. People can say racist things without being a racist, just like people can be a racist without saying racist things.

It's the exact reason Regi Hunter in the video was talking about the legality of denying the holocaust.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-20-2017 07:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shaft gets owned by the whole forum... :olo: ...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-20-2017 09:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
haha, only 5 other white guys on a quake forum saw my opinion. You didn't really tell anyone anything..end of test.

/yawn

grow up

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-20-2017 10:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
OMG, look at that! Shaft is an anti-semite. He hates jews! I got the proof right here. He clearly said he wishes death upon all jews. It's undeniable that he posted such a thing. That shit doesn't need defending.

wow, is this literally what happened to him? my bad. i thought he paid two guys to stand there with a sign. but i guess if he was there explaining the context to everyone its cool. :up:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-20-2017 10:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
People can say racist things without being a racist.

hgey thanks capt obvious, i wasnt even making the argument that he was racist. the sign was anti-semitic and my point was his stupidity didnt need to be defended because a couple sponsors dropped him.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-20-2017 10:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Shaft gets owned by the whole forum... :olo: ...

another pewdipie fanboy detected..

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-20-2017 10:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Never heard of him...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-20-2017 10:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:
People can say racist things without being a racist.

hgey thanks capt obvious, i wasnt even making the argument that he was racist. the sign was anti-semitic and my point was his stupidity didnt need to be defended because a couple sponsors dropped him.

Then you can't say racist things without some typical triggered response, it's forcing people into censorship, if he's not racist as you acknowledged then the sign is meaningless and obviously satirical. He was also proving a point, that you can pay people to do anything, I've never watched a vid of his but I know the guy uses offense to make a stand, prove a point or create a joke. Film, games, comedians and TV have done far worse yet this has gathered some traction in the mainstream and now everyone wants to be part of the bandwagon.

Kinda like how this guy was branded a womeniser cos he selected the wrong shirt -

Like I said, if you're offended by it then you're being a little bitch and is nothing more than a whine. You have the right to unsubscribe without criticism if you don't like it - cos he was a bit of a knob, but the the media furor surrounding it is nothing more than a hitpiece.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-20-2017 11:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-20-2017 12:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-20-2017 12:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Never heard of him...

arent you the dipshit who went to a minecraft convention and then came here to brag how you saw some youtube star?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-21-2017 07:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
scared? wrote:
Never heard of him...

arent you the dipshit who went to a minecraft convention and then came here to brag how you saw some youtube star?

Yeah but this dude doesnt appeal to preteens so I don't know him...U gonna be okay comfort blanket?...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 01:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lindsay Lohan got racially triggered profiled:

Quote:
Lindsay Lohan, the actor best known for her roles in films such as Mean Girls, has said she was “racially profiled” at Heathrow airport recently.

Speaking on ITV’s Good Morning Britain, Lohan, 30, said she was requested to remove her headscarf by security staff queuing for a flight to New York, having lately returned from Turkey.

“I was wearing a headscarf and I got stopped at the airport and racially profiled for the first time in my life,” she said. “She opened my passport and saw ‘Lindsay Lohan’ and started immediately apologising but then said, ‘Please take off your head scarf.’”

source

:olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo: :olo:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 01:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Frankly, the only racial profiling that happened there was that the airport staff started apologizing for doing their job after figuring out that it was a wealthy, white American woman they were dealing with.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-24-2017 05:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:

FTFY

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-24-2017 12:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
so, pewds has gone balls out and guns blazing at the WSJ, and it is fucking hilarious

:olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-24-2017 02:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol @ j.k. rowling getting off on dressing like a nazi

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-24-2017 03:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
so, pewds has gone balls out and guns blazing at the WSJ, and it is fucking hilarious

Loflwaffle

1st vid I watched, this guy is a hero

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-24-2017 05:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:

[youtube]

HypoFritz :olo:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 02-28-2017 05:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, this phone technology where your religion is automatically determined and displayed on the other end is amazing.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-28-2017 05:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:

Quote:
God, Family & Country; Sports Fitness & Vegan; Psychotherapist, Relationship Counselor & Fixer; I Fight 4 the Wrongfully Incarcerated & Animals #NRA #Trump

lol

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-02-2017 05:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol
http://jezebel.com/5632689/what-is-birth-rape

Quote:
A vulnerable woman, who is powerless to leave the situation, is at times held down against her will, has strangers looking & touching at private parts of her body, perhaps without appropriate measures being taken to acknowledge her ownership of her body or to preserve her comfort levels.

Yes. giving birth is now considered rape.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-02-2017 05:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The sad thing about this is that at it's core, there's a very important discussion hiding away.

In all three cases of my children being born (the last one through c-section) all the medical people involved were always very thoughtful about my girlfriend's well being and always talked about what needed to be done and how and when they would touch private parts. I can imagine that if you have people just "diving in" without any prior warning that it might be an uncomfortable experience. Medical personnel needs to be aware that even though them touching or inserting fingers or whatnot in private places is due to a medical need, it's still a very intimate and private experience.

Getting back to this article, such a sensible discussion is made impossible. Raising awareness about this issue will now wreck itself as a discussion about rape, PC-bullshittery and snowflakes being SJW's again. The people who wield a term like "birth rape" are 100% counterproductive to whatever they're trying to achieve (unless they're just trolling).

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-02-2017 06:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
lol
http://jezebel.com/5632689/what-is-birth-rape

Quote:
A vulnerable woman, who is powerless to leave the situation, is at times held down against her will, has strangers looking & touching at private parts of her body, perhaps without appropriate measures being taken to acknowledge her ownership of her body or to preserve her comfort levels.

That's so profoundly stupid i'm not even sure how to react. Possibly no reaction is the best way to go, maybe the idiocy will go away if ignored?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-02-2017 08:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We can only hope

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-02-2017 08:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
(°_°)

This reminds me of this;

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-02-2017 09:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:

rape is everywhere, just like nazis

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-03-2017 08:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis is going to love this one :olo:

Quote:
A UK university has been accused of censoring free speech for banning phrases such as “right-hand man” and “gentleman’s agreement” in favour of more inclusive, gender neutral language.

http://www.independent.co.uk/student/ne ... 09521.html

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-03-2017 09:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We should appease our womyn and educate ourselves on herstory

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-03-2017 10:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LOL

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-03-2017 10:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
else they're liable to ovaryact ( '_' )

This pleased me

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.