Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Currently watching..... on the TV

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Currently watching..... on the TV

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 12-14-2021 05:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Is anyone else watching Dexter: New Blood?

If you're looking for some wrapping up of loose threads from the abysmal way they wrapped up the original series, you'll be disappointed. However, if you just want some good ol' Dexter, it's a bit of a slow start but it's starting to pick up its pace rather well. Dexter gets back into his classic hijinks.

Agreed.

Am I the only one that wished Debra Morgan never came back?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-14-2021 05:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Is anyone else watching Dexter: New Blood?

If you're looking for some wrapping up of loose threads from the abysmal way they wrapped up the original series, you'll be disappointed. However, if you just want some good ol' Dexter, it's a bit of a slow start but it's starting to pick up its pace rather well. Dexter gets back into his classic hijinks.

Hope he'll make the ultimate invention in his lab to deal with Mandark once and for all now.
I bet Dee Dee, Mee Mee and Lee Lee will mess it up once again though.

....what? :paranoid:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-14-2022 12:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

While I wait for my gf to catch up with season 2 of After Life, so we can watch season 3 together, I've been binging on another Ricky Gervais series: Derek. In this, he plays a mentally handicapped caretaker at an old folks retirement home. It's interesting to see how he manages to portray Derek as an odd fellow, but never takes the piss out of his handicap. Derek is a very warm and loveable character.
The series has a cast of characters ranging from the very nice and caring to the absolutely gross and revolting, but he manages to write all of them in a way that shows them, despite their flaws, as good people. Same goes for the elderly people living in the home. They're all old and doing the stereotypical old people things (knitting and drinking tea) but they're never at the butt end of jokes aimed at their oldness. It shows a level of sincerity and love and warmth that you rarely see in television these days.

Gervais is really good at making TV like this, which is hilarious at one moment, up to the point where you're laughing about poop and piss and sex jokes but moments later, you're fighting back the tears because he manages to expertly pull the heart strings. He succeeds with After Life in much the same way.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-14-2022 02:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I very much enjoyed Derek; Kev was an excellent character

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-14-2022 10:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah he's great. Sick fuck but heart of gold :)
I enjoyed Dougie very much as well. The actor playing him hated acting though.
hence him leaving in season 2

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-15-2022 04:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Might I suggest given this a watch/listen

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... WTOuU3R4Ez

Also Karl Pilkington's Moaning of Life and An Idiot Abroad. The man is a goldmine of comedy.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-15-2022 05:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Might I suggest given this a watch/listen

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... WTOuU3R4Ez

What in chimpanzee's name am I listening to?! :olo:
This is absolutely mental :dts:
I love it :D

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-28-2022 11:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Old perhaps... Generation Kill (2008)

Only 7 episodes and into Ep. 2... Interesting.

Quote:
A Rolling Stone reporter, embedded with The 1st Recon Marines chronicles his experiences during the first wave of the American-led assault on Baghdad in 2003.

Following multiple recon marines during the invasion of Iraq in 2003, a group of mixed personalities, you see the dysfunctionality of the military, and on other times, how formalized and heroic it can be. A Rolling Stones reporter joins reconnaissance marines invading Iraq and recounts the mix of horrors and hilarity he encounters during his time there.
—Ernie Mastroianni

Edit: Really enjoyed :up: but only 7 episodes.

Courtesy IMDB

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-24-2022 10:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I caught up with some Star Trek Enterprise and the episode in Season 2 Episode 2 Carbon Creek :up: :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-24-2022 10:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just brilliant but it has been a while.

Vulcans before known 'First Contact' and Zefram Cochrane... and the 'discovery of "Velcro" :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-24-2022 11:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New season of Russian Doll on Netflix. Havents seen it yet, but season 1 was fabulous.

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 04-26-2022 09:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New season of Barry just started :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-26-2022 11:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Q Slapped Picard| Star Trek Picard S02E02

Really great :up: Yes, You Tube clips but....

then "through a mirror darkly"

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-26-2022 11:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Then 'Time Sickness'

.....YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated.

Last edited by Whiskey 7 on 01-24-2023 12:48 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 04-27-2022 05:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Better Call Saul
Barry
Atlanta
We Own This City
Winning Time: The Rise of The Lakers
Slow Horses
Tokyo Vice

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-29-2022 12:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Punisher

Slowly catching up on a LONG list of "would like to watch" and this was in there. The first series was really good to be fair but the 2nd one has fizzled out somewhat so far...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-04-2022 07:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Punisher

Slowly catching up on a LONG list of "would like to watch" and this was in there. The first series was really good to be fair but the 2nd one has fizzled out somewhat so far...

Hmm, Punisher, best I take a peek then :)

Me, catching up some snippets of The Twilight Zone on YouTube. You might view this for interest.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 05-04-2022 10:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Watching Minecraft videos on YouTube in my spare time :D Especially Hermitcraft. Also, I do play Minecraft myself, I manage 3 servers (one as an owner, a private SMP, one as an admin and developer, I made a whitelist plugin for it, and the last one as an admin). Kind of tough to do while having a job and studying. I also want to revamp my websites, I even purchased a domain for it (you can read more on my Twitter profile, link down in my signature footer). For the Shader Editor I promised, I guess I'll take an easier approach and that would be to write a VS Code extension for it (someone might fork it for Sublime Text as well). More info soon in an appropriate thread.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 05-05-2022 11:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Moon Knight - Pretty good; not spectacular.

Better Call Saul - Still one of the best things on TV.

Ozark - As good as Better Call Saul? Not sure; the cinematography's great, but not quite up to the same standard as BCS, and the same can be said for the story (but that still makes it better than 99% of TV). But the performance by the actor playing Ruth is just incredible.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-06-2022 10:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ozark is great stuff.
Jason Bateman and especially Laura Linney are top notch.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-06-2022 01:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I really enjoyed Better Call Saul and just moments into previews/YouTube snippets of this Ozark, yes, I better chase it up. Thanks for the prompt :up:

EDIT: Just 30 minutes into Ep1 and it does look good :up:

EDIT: Episode 8 of Season 1 and enjoying.

Edit: Ozark S01E10 'The Toll' done :up:

Edit: Ozark S03E06 'Su Casa Es Mi Casa' .... EnthrallingOzark.

S03E10 All In ..... How to end a season :eek:

Last edited by Whiskey 7 on 07-02-2022 07:14 PM, edited 3 times in total.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 05-23-2022 07:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Offer

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-23-2022 09:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Watched season 2 of Russian Doll. Maybe not quite as good as season 1 but close to it IMO. Natasha Lyonne is great in her role as Nadia again.

Also noticed there's a 3rd season of Love, Death + Robots available :up:

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 05-24-2022 10:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Latest episode of Better Call Saul.
Holy fuck.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 05-24-2022 09:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not on TV, but we recently watched Greenland on Saturday, and that was fabulous! Kinda funny that local terestrial TV station is going to air that movie this Saturday :D

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-20-2022 11:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Still enjoying :) Ozark.

Better than 'Better Call Saul', still deciding.. ..... ..

Edit: Yes I think Ozark is better but I better watch 'Better Call Saul' again to be sure here.

Last edited by Whiskey 7 on 07-02-2022 07:15 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-20-2022 11:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keep Sweep: Pray and Obey

Chilling insight into Warren Jeffs and FLDS Church. Final episode tonight, I think it will be tough watch given the way it's been heading. Worth a watch, though.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-13-2022 07:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just finished Ozark. Really great show. Laura Linney should win awards for her performance. Apparently Julia Garner has already won some Emmys, which is also well deserved…

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-13-2022 08:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am still there at Ozark Season 4 Episode 7 :eek:

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 07-13-2022 09:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-19-2022 09:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
I am still there at Ozark Season 4 Episode 7 :eek:

Near finished at Ozark Season 4 Episode 12. Get a chance, stay .......

Finished Ozark. Well worth it and I'd say on a par with Better Call Saul & Breaking Bad :up:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-07-2022 06:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Sandman on Netflix. Binged 5 of the 10 episodes yesterday.
Never read the comics or anything else by Gaiman.
I like it. Interesting worldbuilding and plot. Mostly a fast but pleasent pace. Great set pieces, camera, lighting, acting... Yeah, overall 8/10.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-10-2022 11:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Twilight Zone and S02E1 - The Odyssey of Flight 33

A classic Twilight Zone episode :up:

IMDB

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-09-2022 10:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Star Wars: Andor

Slow to start (episodes 1 & 2) but develops nicely. Into episode 4 now and the role played by Stellan Skarsgård well, brilliant :up:

Edit: Cliffhanger at the end of Ep 5 so can't wait for 6 :)

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-26-2022 11:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Infiniti (2022)

A dark, slow, sci-fi, mystery about an ISS catastrophe. Still watching ep3 of 6 and I hope it continues......

Very good and near finished Ep6.

Well worth the time IMO :up:

IMDB

PS: even mention of Schrödinger's Cat

No, not very good, but really good....... and the Cosmonaut sinGing "Daisy, Daisy from 2001" bought a tear to my eye :tear:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.