Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Currently watching..... on the TV

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Currently watching.....

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-24-2016 08:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am still watching Wolf Hall and the last episode is next week. A simply great little TV series, If you like Tudor/costume dramas, this is for you!

The actor Mark Rylance playing Thomas Cromwell - a great performance :up:

On local TV here The Block and Survivor Australia are set to finish soon so I am really looking forward to some other stuff.
My short list of series in no particular order to catch up on are

Westworld
    A Place to Call Home
    12 Monkeys
    Game of Thrones
    War and Peace
    The Kettering Incident

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 10-24-2016 08:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i watched rookie blue yesterday for the first time, wow didn't know it is filmed in toronto, reminds me alot of third watch

rewatched the day the earth stood still 2008, and twister, mission impossible II, ghostbusters, ghostbusters II now i'm getting misery

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-26-2016 12:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Survivor Australia finished and the underdog won the $500k :eek:

Here's a link but not sure if it will work where you are...
http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/australian-survivor

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 10-26-2016 04:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
Narcos is quite good - halfway season 2 now.

Story wise i didn't think there'd be enough material to go beyond season 2 though... surprising to hear about 3 & 4.

I would say it doesn't necessarily have to follow Pablo and the Medellin Cartel. I would guess the next seasons will involve the other cartels that rose up to fill the void.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 10-26-2016 08:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Survivor Australia finished and the underdog won the $500k :eek:

Here's a link but not sure if it will work where you are...
http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/australian-survivor

no workie here, only says in AUS

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-27-2016 12:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SoM wrote:
no workie here, only says in AUS

I suspected same as I get it on your foreign links sometimes...

Re: Currently watching..... Watched the last episode of The Bachelorette Australia. You know the format? Contestants go on a TV show to find love <3 gradually eliminated from the lineup until one is left...

The family/surname of the bachelorette was indeed 'Love' this time.

Let's try this :) for those around the globe.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=The+Bachelorette+Australia

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 10-27-2016 02:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i just got the neverending story, i'll get hit by many onion trucks

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-06-2016 04:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just started a TV series... Outlander

Quote:
Follows the story of Claire Randall, a married combat nurse from 1945 who is mysteriously swept back in time to 1743, where she is immediately thrown into an unknown world where her life is threatened. When she is forced to marry Jamie Fraser, a chivalrous and romantic young Scottish warrior, a passionate relationship is ignited that tears Claire's heart between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3006802/?ref_=ttep_ep_tt

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-07-2016 02:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Crown - great program about Liz and Phil

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-07-2016 02:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm not interested in the slightest, but John Lithgow once again brings the A-game.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-08-2016 03:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's very much an interesting watch, Sir. I'd recommend you give it a go.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-08-2016 11:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
The Crown - great program about Liz and Phil

Nice! My other half asked I search for it :smirk: and we've yet to view the series. It does look promising from the shorts,

plained
plained
PostPosted: 11-10-2016 09:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fear the walking dead

i think it's fine

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-10-2016 11:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cold Feet

British comedy-drama television series

You may not have seen so - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_Feet

Quote:
When we saw them last, our couples were, growing up and settling down. Since Rachel’s untimely death, how has Adam coped raising their son without his soulmate? Do Pete and Jenny still spend their evenings on the sofa? And what of David and Karen? They had split up, but with three children, are the ties that bind still strong?

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-11-2016 07:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Starting The Sopranos for the first time.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-12-2016 08:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Best series ever, imo.
Wish I could get a virgin again.
First season is a bit slow and a grind but necessary.

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 11-13-2016 01:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk wrote:
Starting The Sopranos for the first time.

You're in for quite a ride. Excellent show.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-13-2016 05:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sopranos is fucking awesome. I'm jealous you're watching it for the first time. Wish it was me...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-14-2016 10:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Better Call Saul season 2 just arrived (on DVD)

fucking sweet :)

plained
plained
PostPosted: 11-15-2016 09:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hehe from dusk till dawn the series

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-29-2016 11:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I really tried to give that new Dr Who spinoff Class a go and watched 3 episodes but it just doesn't do it for me. Have you see/tried it?

Quote:
Class is a British science fiction drama programme, and a spin-off of the long-running programme Doctor Who. It is created and written by Patrick Ness, who also produces alongside Doctor Who showrunner and lead writer Steven Moffat, and Brian Minchin, who acted as producer on Doctor Who and two of its previous spin-offs, Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures. The first series of eight episodes premiered on BBC Three on 22 October 2016. The programme focuses on six of the students and staff at Coal Hill Academy, who deal with alien threats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_(2016_TV_series)

I am enjoying Humans. I am about 4 episodes into season 2.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-07-2016 09:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-07-2016 12:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

On the third and final season of Borgias now, it's Game of Thrones without dragons or ugly chicks.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 12-14-2016 07:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dirk Gently. would recommend. am recommending.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 12-14-2016 07:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, I just watched that Puff, very fun. Looking forward to the next series, and particularly liked the holistic assassin :)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-14-2016 08:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:

watched the first ep last night. 10 mins in I was all "wtf am i watching :eek: "

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-31-2016 03:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:

watched the first ep last night. 10 mins in I was all "wtf am i watching :eek: "

On the 4th ep and still wondering WTF this is, but also :up: :up: :up:

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 12-31-2016 08:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've been watching Gotham, sweet show I think. About Batman when he was a kid and learning to be a tough guy:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3749900/

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-31-2016 10:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am still enjoying the TV series Outlander with 2 episodes of season 1 to go.

Clicky

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-01-2017 02:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I watched "The Prisoner" (1967) and the remake (2009) the last days, remake isnt that cool..
The original is real shizo-stuff! :olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-01-2017 06:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Grand Tour Namibia special was pretty good :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-04-2017 11:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
Grand Tour Namibia special was pretty good :up:

1. Is that the Top Gear one?
2. Mention of Namibia got me thinking me thinking of axbaby :(
3. Re: Currently watching.... Me, still catching up on Vikings - a great show and if you haven't you should.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-14-2017 01:16 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just started The OA which is not what I was expecting at all. Only 8 episodes. It has me.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-14-2017 01:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i was bored beyond tears with OA.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-15-2017 06:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Really? How much did you watch?

I kind of need to know everything...I need to know her story. And Homers.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.