Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Currently watching..... on the TV

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Currently watching..... on the TV

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-13-2020 04:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Alf ate my cat. I gotta catch up on Mr Robot tho, I watched season 2, it's actually really good Whiskey, keep watching!

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-13-2020 07:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just finished Witcher and it's really made me consider doing another Witcher 3 playthrough, but there's no way I have time for that. Started reading the books though.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-13-2020 09:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ever read the author's take on video games? It's a pretty good laugh, what an idiot.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-13-2020 10:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I read how he screwed himself out of a fortune by betting against the games' success.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 01-15-2020 04:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Yeah I read how he screwed himself out of a fortune by betting against the games' success.

https://www.quora.com/Why-does-The-Witcher-author-Andrzej-Sapkowski-hate-his-own-video-games-especially-The-Witcher-III wrote:
"What I expect from an adaptation: a big bag of money. That is all."

So, back in the early 2000s, he got paid a flat fee for the rights - an amount that seemed to him a decent amount of money. Today, with the humongous success of CD Projekt§s games, he feels bitter about the deal and seems to think CD Projekt has “ripped him off” with that one-time deal and no royalties.

"I was stupid enough to sell them rights to the whole bunch," he says. "They offered me a percentage of their profits. I said, 'No, there will be no profit at all - give me all my money right now! The whole amount.' It was stupid. I was stupid enough to leave everything in their hands because I didn't believe in their success. But who could foresee their success? I couldn't."

As I understand it, the recent stories about Sapkowski suing CD Projekt have to do with some rather unusual Polish laws that protect authors from closing unfair licensing deals. It is however unclear whether The Witcher deal falls under this law, probably sicne they actually did offer him percentages and he refused.

:olo:

Also:

I watched the witcher now. Good show.
I quite enjoyed it in the end.
Looking forward to season 2 :up:

But at times it feels a bit like Xena/Hercules.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-22-2020 12:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just saw glimpses of a BBC Horizon program. You'd know they do really good documentaries. It is titled 7.7 Billion People and Counting. All about the explosion of world population and it being unsustainable. Looks and interesting show so I'll be watching in the next days .

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-22-2020 10:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Alf ate my cat. I gotta catch up on Mr Robot tho, I watched season 2, it's actually really good Whiskey, keep watching!

:smirk: Started season 3 of Mr Robot after a short pause. The first episode = weird :confused:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-26-2020 12:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Re: Currently watching..... on the TV

Spending a few nights up late watching The Australian Open Tennis Tournament and some great tennis games :)

...and still watching Mr Robot.. A great series.

Edit: Mr Robot Season 3 episode 7 done ... Still one of the best 'binge watch' series I've done :up:

Edit: Season 3 done :up:

Edit: If anyone has got this far in the series Mr Robot season 4 episode 11, I needn't tell you it is mind-blowing :confused: :question: :paranoid: and there are just 2 episodes to go.....

Edit: Last one here...Just finished. A really good series :!:

Last edited by Whiskey 7 on 02-08-2020 11:26 PM, edited 4 times in total.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-26-2020 02:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Star Trek: Picard had a solid first episode.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-26-2020 03:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Star Trek: Picard had a solid first episode.

Nice to know :up: and an interesting read here.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 01-27-2020 08:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Agree, Picard Ep 1 was top drawer

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-30-2020 11:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:

Just viewed Episode 1... Yes! It shows promise :up:

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 02-02-2020 06:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
phantasmagoria wrote:

Just viewed Episode 1... Yes! It shows promise :up:

Agreed.

I just watched ep 1 of TNG. Stewart certainly grew as an actor.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-07-2020 12:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just started Pickard. It was great to see them in the ship again.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-14-2020 10:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Just saw glimpses of a BBC Horizon program. You'd know they do really good documentaries. It is titled 7.7 Billion People and Counting. All about the explosion of world population and it being unsustainable. Looks and interesting show so I'll be watching in the next days .

Just finished. Only an hour but well worth it :up:

UK media article on the documentary

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-08-2020 02:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Just started Pickard. It was great to see them in the ship again.

Just watched the first 3 episodes of Star Trek Picard last night :up: Looking forward to more

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 03-08-2020 03:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Formula 1: Drive to Survive

On Netflix, currently 2 seasons. I'm not interested in F1 at all, but as a series it takes you behind the lines into the politics and drama between the drivers and teams. It's absolutely fantastic.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-09-2020 09:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:

On Netflix, currently 2 seasons. I'm not interested in F1 at all, but as a series it takes you behind the lines into the politics and drama between the drivers and teams. It's absolutely fantastic.

I love F1 and this series is excellent. Highly recommended.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-19-2020 11:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Boys on Amazon. Really enjoyed it with some ace cameos :olo:

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 03-19-2020 11:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I got done watching both Legion season 3 and Doom Patrol recently.

Not sure I like Legion S3 quite as much as S2, but it was still pretty to look at.

Doom Patrol was absolutely ace though. Highly recommended :up:
Brilliant performances all round, but it was especially great seeing (or hearing) Brendan Fraser do his thang.

On a similar note, Locke & Key on Netflix is well worth checking out too.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-20-2020 03:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
obsidian wrote:

I love F1 and this series is excellent. Highly recommended.

Been watching this, very good so far.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-21-2020 08:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just finished Paradise PD series 2 on Netflix - fucking excellent :D

Series 1 trailer...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-28-2020 01:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Just watched the first 3 episodes of Star Trek Picard last night :up: Looking forward to more

Watched the last episode last night. A good production I thought with story and actors doing a great job :up: I'd recommend a watch.

Next is that series Avenue 5, that Hugh Laurie space scifi comedy (I hope).

Quote:
The troubled crew of Avenue 5, a space cruise ship filled with spoiled, rich, snotty space tourists, must try and keep everyone calm after their ship gets thrown off course into space and ends up needing three years to return to Earth.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-28-2020 06:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's shit

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-11-2020 11:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
It's shit

Should have listened to you Captain Mazda.

Episode 5 of Avenue 5 done and have decided not to waste any more time on this one ... I thought that Hugh Laurie gave this a chance but sadly no :smirk:

A friend recommends a TV mini series The Capture so I am about to start that one :D

IMDB

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-13-2020 03:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Tiger King - excellent viewing for all the wrong reasons

How to Fix a Drug Scandal - Also excellent viewing and highlights some pretty naughty behaviour by the US authorities. Really interesting watch given some of the sentences handed down to the offenders and the lack of sentences or even investigations given to others

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 04-13-2020 06:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

With HBO offering a handful of their programming for free these days, the lady and I have been going through Veep. Excellent watch, at least in the beginning, it does begin to drag on as you get into the final seasons.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-14-2020 03:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just started season 5 of Outlander and yes, I have probably mentioned in years past. It is still a good production.

Quote:
Outlander is a historical drama television series based on the novel series of the same name by Diana Gabaldon. Developed by Ronald D. Moore, the show premiered on August 9, 2014, on Starz. It stars Caitriona Balfe as Claire Randall, a married former World War II nurse who in 1946 finds herself transported back to Scotland in 1743. There she encounters the dashing Highland warrior Jamie Fraser (Sam Heughan) and becomes embroiled in the Jacobite risings. The first season of the television series is based on the first novel in the series, Outlander (also known as Cross Stitch).

Wiki

IMDB

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-17-2020 11:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tales From The Loop

Amazon Video Streaming.

Don't mind, it's kinda shite.
4/10

Trying hard to pose intellectual or phlisophical questions that have been gone through countless times. But it doesn't even care to make any explanation to the problem nor does it give hints to a solution.
Target audience is around 14, imo.
Useless

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 04-17-2020 11:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So I just finished Breaking Bad last night. I know, I’m late to the game, but the wife and I have been bingeing the last few weeks.

Anyways, obviously I thought it was way good. The last season was some of the best TV ever. The show did what most couldn’t, finished strong.

What can I say that hasn’t already been said about it? 9/10

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-17-2020 12:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Better Call Saul is also very excellent and highly recommended

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 04-17-2020 12:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, I’ve heard good things. I’ll check it out...

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 04-17-2020 02:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Better Call Saul is the reason I first got Netflix. Still one of the top 3 standout shows tbh.

Is there one more season to come after the current one ends?

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 04-17-2020 08:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

vesp wrote:
Better Call Saul is the reason I first got Netflix. Still one of the top 3 standout shows tbh.

Is there one more season to come after the current one ends?

Yep, next season will be the last. And I agree. BCS is in the top 2 shows currently running. (along with Barry)
Better Call Saul is one of the all time great tv shows.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-19-2020 12:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Re: Currently watching..... on the TV, the first episode of Lego Masters Australia.

Some other countries have their versions and me, I am not into that sort of Lego and prefer the Lego Technic genre :D

Still an interesting and entertaining watch.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.