Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Currently watching..... on the TV

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Currently watching.....

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-19-2018 04:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Making a Murderer Series 2

That show is infuriating.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-06-2018 10:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well the free to air TV station stopped playing the Manifest series :smirk: Doesn't that make you mad?

Anyway, Re: Currently watching..... I have started watching that TV series called The Crown and up to episode 4. Looking good :up:

Quote:
Follows the political rivalries and romance of Queen Elizabeth II's reign and the events that shaped the second half of the 20th century.

IMDB

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 12-07-2018 05:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just finished up Get Shorty, the TV version with Chris O'Dowd from the IT Crowd. Highly recommended.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-18-2018 12:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

1983 into 3 episodes... Not that bad.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-20-2018 11:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
....looking forward to The Crown and will be starting at series 1 ...........

A really great mini series and I've just completed season 1 and started season 2.
Get a chance, watch it :up:

Last edited by Whiskey 7 on 12-27-2018 11:46 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 12-24-2018 01:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lately I've been watching Frontier, The Last Kingdom, and Norsemen. All pretty decent.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-26-2018 11:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Whiskey 7 wrote:
....looking forward to The Crown and will be starting at series 1 ...........

A really great mini series and I've jJust completed season 1 and started season 2.
Get a chance, watch it :up:

Glad you are enjoying it, Whiskey :D

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-27-2018 11:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
lad you are enjoying it, Whiskey :D

Yes, it's great. Just finished season 2 episode 7.

Say, I hear there's a season 4 in the wind but anyone know if it is confirmed as yet?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-27-2018 02:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New Black Mirror episode/stand-alone movie tomorrow :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-27-2018 08:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
New Black Mirror episode/stand-alone movie tomorrow :up:

Maybe here ? https://thenewdaily.com.au/entertainmen ... rror-film/

You know I do have Black Mirror and some 3 seasons here on my PC :smirk:
Ah, a resolution for the New Year at last, that's to watch the show :D

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-28-2018 12:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Don Carlos wrote:
lad you are enjoying it, Whiskey :D

Yes, it's great. Just finished season 2 episode 7.

Say, I hear there's a season 4 in the wind but anyone know if it is confirmed as yet?

Season 3 and 4 are in the works

It is intended to be a 6 season show, documenting the life of Lizzy and Phil

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-01-2019 02:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It has been years on my HDD but I took time out to watch Pioneer One. Yes that one mentioned years ago by bitWISE. Wait.....

bitWISE wrote:
Donation funded bittorrent TV series

http://vodo.net/pioneerone

It's actually really good too. The pilot definitely has me hooked.

I was surprised to see that even though a budget production funded by donation it only lasted 6 episodes :( I was left looking for more.

Interesting and worth it IMO.

Wiki

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-23-2019 02:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I forced myself through the last season of House of Cards. If you haven't seen it yet, don't bother. The whole thing has gone off the rails. The writing is bad, the ending is a joke and it's all such a garbled mess that most of the time I didn't really have a clue what was going on.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-23-2019 03:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's a shame, that show was really good. :(

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-23-2019 04:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, to be honest, the show's been on a decline since s03, but s06 really sets a new low.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-23-2019 07:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I watched it just because I was already 5 seasons deep, same rationale for sitting through the awful back half of Dexter.

The pacing in the first few episodes was so bad that I started doing other stuff while intermittently paying attention. HoC totally jumped the shark with the comical Putin clone in S03.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-23-2019 07:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Season 3 of True Detective

3 episodes in and I’m really dig’n it...:up:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-23-2019 07:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Didn't even know they were making a third season. Is it worth watching?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-23-2019 02:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It’s really good. I loved the first season, but season 2 was just ok. Season 3 feels more like season 1. Very ominous. The music is good, really sets the atmosphere.

My only complaint is it’s a little difficult to understand Mahershala. His voice is really deep and he talks soft. But the show is great so far...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-28-2019 03:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
I am still enjoying the TV series Outlander and am finding season 3 (3 episodes in) very good. So if you like time travel conundrums give it a go.

Clicky

That was posted: 11-30-2017 10:50 AM :eek:

Just finished Outlander Season 4 :up: Really good story line, acting and sets. Watch it!
Click the clicky for the details

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-28-2019 05:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
3. Re: Currently watching.... Me, still catching up on Vikings - a great show and if you haven't you should.

Aaaand... 2 years later I take Whiskey's advice... all caught up now... GREAT show. :up: :up: :up:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-31-2019 06:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Been watching Murder Mountain in the mornings while I’m on the treadmill.

The fuck is going on in Humboldt county?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-04-2019 12:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Castlevania season 2. Epic :up:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-04-2019 08:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So I started watching Russian Doll on Netflix last night.

I went in expecting it to be a movie, not realizing it was a series. First off, it's fucking awesome. Second, right when the first episode was ending, and I thought it was a movie, I thought to myself, wouldn't it be hilarious is the movie ended right here and bam the credits start rolling. I had a WTF moment until I realized another episode started aaand that's when I realized I wouldn't be getting much sleep that night. Holy crap, I had to force myself to stop watching so I could go to bed at 2am, it's fucking good.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 02-04-2019 03:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, reckon I'll give that a look after I've gotten through Nightfliers... which looks the business, but has some deeply stupid plot points.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-04-2019 08:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
It’s really good. I loved the first season, but season 2 was just ok. Season 3 feels more like season 1. Very ominous. The music is good, really sets the atmosphere.

My only complaint is it’s a little difficult to understand Mahershala. His voice is really deep and he talks soft. But the show is great so far...

100% agree with everything you said. We're two episodes in and already hooked. Season 1 was one of the greatest TV shows of all time so I'm happy they've brought back the mood. I keep thinking Woody and Matthew are gonna show up at any moment.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-05-2019 08:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
Yeah, reckon I'll give that a look after I've gotten through Nightfliers... which looks the business, but has some deeply stupid plot points.

I finished Russian Doll last night. I liked most of it, they had one scene of pseudo sciency shit I was like ehh... Aside from that it was very enjoyable.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 02-05-2019 08:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Castlevania season 2. Epic :up:

This is so damned good.
Looks like anime, but it's anime written by a giant of English comics writing, Warren Ellis, so it suffers from very few, if any of the usual annoying anime tropes.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-05-2019 10:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also, the penultimate episode :drool:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-05-2019 10:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Haven't gotten that far yet so no spoilers plz :)

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 02-06-2019 01:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm not so down on Nightfliers now I'm a few episodes in, but there's some really stupid shit setting up the story.

Such as the incredibly bigoted and unprofessional security team on a ridiculously expensive colony ship who really shouldn't have gotten past the interview stage.

And said ship's captain knowing there's a massive fucking problem with the ship's computer systems, but allowing the mission to go ahead without trying to fix it first.

But once you make peace with the stupid, it's enjoyable enough, and as I said before, looks absolutely spectacular.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-06-2019 11:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Mat Linnett wrote:

I finished Russian Doll last night. I liked most of it, they had one scene of pseudo sciency shit I was like ehh... Aside from that it was very enjoyable.

Watched the first two episodes of Russian Doll. Netflix started playing the trailer and I liked what I saw. Remembered you mentioning it was good so I stuck with it. Pretty good.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-06-2019 01:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scratch that, watched the first five episodes :)

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-07-2019 03:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol... yeah it's like that.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-07-2019 03:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's this 20 minute episode format. It's too easy to say "just one more".

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.