Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Rock climbing in VR

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Rock climbing in VR

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-17-2016 11:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Insta-buy for Obsidian? :)

The logo for the game is pretty neat:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-17-2016 11:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks OK :up:
Yes, crafty logo too.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-18-2016 11:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hand crafted on a computer

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-18-2016 11:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

in before

>multiplayer but not really
>console port, stutters on PC
>early access, broken shit
>hype train breaks down: "wrong kind of expectations on the track"

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-18-2016 11:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I expect this to be a bit of a niche market type of game, especially considering the VR requirement, so there won't be a false advertisement hype marketing.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-18-2016 11:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I though obsidian might be interested though

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-18-2016 08:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I heard from someone who's played this that it's pretty cool as a game with just a broad market appeal for anyone who owns a VR set. It's supposed to be really cool being able to look around at the scenery and feel as if you're really high up.

From a rock climber's perspective though (see what I did there), it's not realistic at all and doesn't equate to the real thing in any form at all. You don't even have feet.

On the other hand, there's this cool augmented reality climbing game which is pretty neat in concept:

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 09-17-2016 01:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Augmented reality Pong!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.