Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 08-24-2016 06:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So what's the deal? Pretty good, right?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-24-2016 07:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shades of HL2 going on, City 17, lots of air vents

redline
redline
PostPosted: 08-24-2016 07:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Big performance issues right now.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-24-2016 08:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I hear it's super easy, and you have to impose your own limits for an actual challenge. I also hear it's a pretty good game. :up:

PostPosted: 08-25-2016 05:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm playing on "Give me Deus Ex" and dying a lot with the tranq gun. Feels like there are so many more enemies.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-25-2016 11:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
I hear it's super easy, and you have to impose your own limits for an actual challenge. I also hear it's a pretty good game. :up:

werent you the guy who plays every game on easy anyways?

ghosting is where it's at.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-25-2016 11:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not every game, it depends on the genre. But usually after I smoke a bowl, I just want to sit back and relax and enjoy a game without getting amped up or anxious about completing objectives. Oddly, I tend to do much better at Overwatch whilst blasted, but I have to deal with often-times animated teammates in voice chat...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-26-2016 07:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If it's too easy then crank up the difficulty ;)

Wanna play this too.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-26-2016 09:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I heard it was easy even on the highest difficulty. Hence the imposing of your own limits.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-26-2016 09:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can't remember Human Revolution being overly difficult tbh, I just remember hitting some tough spots where I'd have to be quite imaginative in how I'm going to do this - Usually got invisible and hope you make it to the door before they start shooting.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 08-26-2016 10:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks like SLI support has been improved with the latest patch and it has good 3M support. Should I buy it? Is the game itself fun?

redline
redline
PostPosted: 08-26-2016 10:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
I heard it was easy even on the highest difficulty. Hence the imposing of your own limits.

That's how I feel about playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on Survivor difficulty. The character feels OP once you build her up with skills. It's still fun though.

At the same time, if you're used to playing difficult games where you die a lot you'll judge other games differently. You'll also probably play better, such as using cover and choke points instead of being brazen and reckless.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 08-26-2016 11:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Play with a joypad.

Thanks, but no thanks :shrug:

redline
redline
PostPosted: 08-26-2016 11:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Then you suck at learning new things. And if gaming's about anything, it's the satisfaction of learning and mastering new things. Come back when your two balls weigh-up to Goof's one.

I just prefer to play shooters with keyboard and mouse. To each their own :up:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-26-2016 12:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd just like to wade in and say using a pad helped me. Dunno if it was a shit console port or settings issues but I had trouble enjoying the PC version at 1st after clocking it on the Xbox and enjoying it.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-26-2016 01:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Slow down, for other shooters KB+mouse is a must :)

Just saying, there are times on PC where the pad is the better option. Any 3rd person game is usually a pad for me.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-26-2016 01:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Battlefield ?

Bioshock ?

I got a feeling I know what your answers will be, and they're not the same :)

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-26-2016 01:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aye, point I was going to make though it comes down to how much you want accuracy VS fiddly controls (like switching plasmids or whatever). HR was kinda the same cos you could just flick quick actions on the D pad, in Bioshock you could afford to be less accurate / responsive.

I however do find it easier to move around maps n shit quickly using a mouse and keyboard, so is usually my default option and why I preferred Bio with a KB, the fiddly factor wasn't bad enough to force me to the pad. Something like Witcher 3 did though, way, way better on a pad.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-26-2016 01:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not so much practice, but when you gotta flick through shit using a scroll wheel / numbers, or 2nd attack menu, when if you're on a pad you're literally just flicking stuff with your thumb. It helps you keep track of your hands especially in long campaign games.

I agree with the 2nd sentence. Could be our gamestyles, I always remember you bollocking me for blasting through levels. If there's nothing in the room after you 360'd it then run along...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-26-2016 01:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memph uses a gamepad over a keyboard, wow somebody stop this incredible man before he steals all our women.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-26-2016 01:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think it was more TBs aversion to assistance.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-26-2016 02:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think we found our pint of dicks

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-26-2016 02:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
ToxicBug wrote:
I just prefer to play shooters with keyboard and mouse. To each their own :up:

Just know that your own is noob-mode.

don't be daft

go play arma 3 battle royale with your joypad against keyboard warriors, learn what getting insta-rekt every time feels like

redline
redline
PostPosted: 08-30-2016 09:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis, when you play with a controller do you play exclusively with free aim?

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 08-30-2016 11:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sneaking around knocking people out and robbing buildings of everything that wasn't nailed down was fun, but narratively I found the game pretty lacking.
In addition, I'm in agreement with RPS' Alec Meer in that Jensen shouldn't really have been the protagonist. He's far too dull.
They should either have gone the Invisible War route and allowed you to create your own character, or maybe let you play as Alex, the Juggernaut Collective representative.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.