Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        If you have a lot of money but no taste whatsoever

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: If you have a lot of money but no taste whatsoever

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-07-2016 12:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Your ride will probably end up on this site:
http://www.hiphopcars.com/category/best-rides/

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-07-2016 01:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Good God they are horrible

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-07-2016 03:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The aesthetics are bad enough but the color schemes are absolutely brutal.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-07-2016 03:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

those are some of the ugliest cars

in the world

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-07-2016 03:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The comments are gold too.

HOMIE YO CAR IS TITE YO!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-07-2016 04:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

40 inch wheels what the fuck? :eek: :D
For that money i would build up a cool looking classic car, like an Ford f-100!

That so called hip-hop-guys seems to have a lack of good taste...

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 10-07-2016 06:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Those rides are just scary

plained
plained
PostPosted: 10-07-2016 07:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They look like candies!

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 10-07-2016 08:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:|

No words can describe

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 10-07-2016 08:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If the board didn't censor racial comments I could accurately describe this.

Thank kool aid, basketball, and de-evolution. Welcome to obamafied present day united States. Obama should've taken himself out.
He didn't learn anything while in office, according to his own words, and, he did nothing good but he did pardon personality disorders and mental disease since he's a downdog melting pot faggot.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-07-2016 10:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe we're looking at this the wrong way. Maybe there's some iconic back story to why these cars look the way they do and it's actually some kind of statement other than, "I'm an idiot with too much money"?

Those cars are definitely fugly, the closest one I saw there that looked close to passable would be the Richard Petty charger but the color scheme is still kinda ass.

Did some light reading and as far as I can see this is probably the result of the low rider scene from the west coast. Back when hip hop was in its infancy a lot of artists who usually grew up poor and who's family probably couldn't afford a car, or had old cars like Lincolns and the like decked out their cars. The latino cars back in the day were flashy but well put together for the most part. This got further and further exaggerated over time and the flashy, expensive colors and rims were a sign of how successful you were to a degree so the more crazy, the more pimp you were and now here we are with these monstrosities. But they are, as I suspected, simply an evolution of a style.

A similar thing happened in Japan where exhaust regulations caused people to design these odd very high tip exhausts from the back of their cars.

Kinda crazy right? It's hard to find info on this online but this became a thing because cars that were being raced were being disqualified because the exhaust was technically not allowed for some strange reason. (I honestly forget, I tried looking it up but couldn't find it but I know this) Basically some law in Japan so people that raced cars had to modify the exhaust so it was higher up to make it legal to race. Some fans thought this must be cool so they started modifying their own cars to look like that and go as crazy as possible and bosozoku was born. It's evolved since then to include other ridiculous mods but it still has an actual origin story that kinda makes sense. Culture is weird like that.

At the end of the day, these cars aren't really my thing, although if I had enough cash, I'd probably build a bosozoku car for shits and giggles. That said, whatever floats your boat man, if they like it, more power to them.

Link to the bosozoku style history. http://www.crankandpiston.com/on-the-ro ... -function/

They don't specifically talk about the exhaust but they do mention that it came from the track. The high exhausts they used in races weren't crazy high like you see in the pic but they went high enough up the bumper to leave a lot of exhaust smoke on the rear of your car. I think the regulation made it so that the mufflers went up to the bumper at least. Maybe due to issues with exhausts spitting fire?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-07-2016 09:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tl;dr yeah they're rally ugly cars

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.