Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        U.S. Election

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: U.S. Election

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 06:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained
plained
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 06:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Well, he will be our President. So I hope he does well. Nothing we can do about it now. The sun will continue to shine...

i like the cut of your jib!

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 06:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Ryoki wrote:
How you can have a system where most people vote for person A and the win goes to person B and call it democracy is fucking beyond me.

Technically, not a democracy.

And also

Aren't the electoral numbers awarded based on population density ?. It kinda makes sense, more so than the UKs version anyway where less than 40% get to run rough shot over the whole country.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 06:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Aren't the electoral numbers awarded based on population density ?. It kinda makes sense, more so than the UKs version anyway where less than 40% get to run rough shot over the whole country.

Not quite: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerrymandering

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 06:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 08:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
I'm not entirely uncertain that some crazed nut might still shoot the cunt.

Why? They all voted for him.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 08:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So you're telling me that guntards, racists, and the rest of the uneducated piles of protoplasm didn't vote for Trump?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 09:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Because I'm a Clinton supporter, right?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 09:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
She'll be great for the corporations, banks, military-industrial complex, Saudi and Israeli terrorists, the invasion of sovereign countries, unethical subsidies and lobbyists, human rights violators, and the destruction of the environment.

All in all, she'll be great for the status quo.

Captain Mazda wrote:
Think of the policies that have been brought forward during Obama's time (TPP for example) and the proxy wars and acts of terrorism his government has initiated. Then remember that Hilary was one of the leading war drummers of his staff and it's not hard to imagine how much worse things will get with her in power, especially with how much more she fellates Netanyahu and his AIPAC cronies compared to Obomba.

I think "the lesser of two evils" approach is what morons say to comfort themselves knowing they're part of a broken system that needs to be torn down but are unwilling to do anything about it.

Captain Mazda wrote:
Think of the policies that have been brought forward during Obama's time (TPP for example) and the proxy wars and acts of terrorism his government has initiated. Then remember that Hilary was one of the leading war drummers of his staff and it's not hard to imagine how much worse things will get with her in power, especially with how much more she fellates Netanyahu and his AIPAC cronies compared to Obomba.

I think "the lesser of two evils" approach is what morons say to comfort themselves knowing they're part of a broken system that needs to be torn down but are unwilling to do anything about it.

Captain Mazda wrote:
Warmongering piece of shit

Captain Mazda wrote:
It's a good thing everyone's so focused on this instead of her countless violations of human rights and international law.

If you say so :)

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 09:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
all

BBC wrote:
Nationally, Donald Trump has won 47.5% of the vote, with Hillary Clinton taking 47.7%

as to all that 'elites vs the masses' talk: sorry guys, but the elite is a little too big and masses a little too small for that cartoon view to make sense :|

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 09:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
And yet, you'd choose Clinton over Trump 'cos a Brit comedian made a thoroughly convincing argument that Trump was mean and orange :|

Yeah?

Captain Mazda wrote:
You yanktards should be putting all your support in Jill Stein.

Or you could just continue being retarded, either way is good for me.

Captain Mazda wrote:
xer0s wrote:
Or Gary Johnson...

Yeah, the guy who supported the invasion of Afghanistan will be a real revolutionary :dork:

Captain Mazda wrote:
It's not a war if only one side is attacking.

Jill Stein has always been against war, she's also the only one with the balls and brains to say she would cut support to Saudis and Israelis as well as pardon Snowden. Her views have been vehemently unpopular and anti-establishment.

The first thing Gary Johnson would do as president would be to fast-track the TPP signing, just like Obama.

Captain Mazda wrote:
How about putting all your support behind the only candidate who could actually change something?

Quote:
“Why should a U.S. progressive be calling for more intervention by the Saudi monarchy? Really, we want Saudi troops in Syria and Iraq and Libya and who knows where else? You’d think that perhaps someone like Sanders would say that we have to break our decades-long backing of the corrupt Saudi regime—but no, he wants to dramatically accelerate it.”

Husseini also noted that Blitzer is openly supportive of Israel’s wars, so Sanders’ choice to appear on his show to voice support makes strategic sense, given the growing alliance between Saudi Arabia and Israel.

Sanders, too, has supported Israel’s occupation of Palestine and, despite the hopes of many of his fans, his voting record does not support his apparently antiwar stance. And his statements ignore the ways that Saudi money and the Saudi philosophy of Wahhabism have been key to the success of ISIS.

http://www.mintpressnews.com/bernie-san ... me/209100/

Bernie looks like Clinton next to Jill Stein.

Captain Mazda wrote:
Quote:
The Jill Stein campaign calls for ending support for governments committing war crimes and massive human rights violations, including Israel and Saudi Arabia.

It supports the BDS movement as a peaceful, nonviolent set of actions organized by civil society across the world aimed to end Israeli apartheid, occupation, war crimes, and systematic human rights abuses.

US foreign policy requires an emergency overhaul, from a program of total global military and economic domination, to a policy promoting international law, human rights and diplomacy. We must cease and desist from being, in the words of Martin Luther King, the greatest purveyor of violence world over. Our foreign policy currently serves war profiteers and fossil fuel companies, but not the American people or the cause of global justice, peace and security. Our failed wars of the past 14 years have cost us 5 trillion dollars, left over a million people dead in Iraq alone, and killed or maimed tens of thousands of US service men and women. Yet we – and the Middle East – are far less secure, not more secure.

In addition to ending our catastrophic and immoral wars for oil and markets, we must stop aiding and abetting the human rights violations and war crimes of our allies who are also massively defying international law. This includes the Israeli government and the rulers of Saudi Arabia.

http://www.jill2016.com/statement_on_us ... el_and_bds

Captain Mazda wrote:
I'd vote for Jill Stein if I could.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 10:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
contrarian bellender

never piss in your own shoes, clart

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 04:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 05:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, Clinton was a terrible candidate. Bernie would have gotten numbers closer to 2008.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 06:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bernie heart may be in the right place but not sharp enough or business experienced enough

I like Carson glad trump going to use him he has also of smart good people

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 07:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Captain Mazda wrote:

Unless you're trying to prove something other than you're being a contrarian bellender, it is known :|

You said I'm not anti-Clinton, I proved I am.
You said I'd have preferred her over Trump, I proved I didn't.

I don't know why I even bother with someone as thick as you, go back to your 40 hours of gaming per week you professional goblin you.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 08:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Biden would have won... Wonder why he didn't get in race?...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 08:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Obviously he knew the DNC had already said it was Clintons turn and didn't want to waste his time.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 08:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Trump didn't win cuz of some movement or whatever... He won cuz Hillary was the shittiest candidate of all time... And she still win popular vote... Lol...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 08:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
You said I'm not anti-Clinton, I proved I am.
You said I'd have preferred her over Trump, I proved I didn't.

I don't know why I even bother with someone as thick as you, go back to your 40 hours of gaming per week you professional goblin you.

He became unreasonable weeks ago, not sure what took you so long.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 08:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I kinda feel sorry for him, his entire existence seems so comically pathetic.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 08:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Same, people who binge that hard on shitty foreign politics have a serious void in their lives.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 08:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 09:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:

That is so fucked.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 09:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It happened to Al Gore back in 2000, too. Fuck the Electoral College and fuck the first-past-the-post voting system.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-09-2016 11:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

megami wrote:

That is so fucked.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-10-2016 01:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think I've posted this a few times, but I'll do it again since he does a much better job of explaining it than I could:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-10-2016 05:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Same, people who binge that hard on shitty foreign politics have a serious void in their lives.

This is the correct post.

There is something very, very strange about a guy this obsessed with foreign politics, especially with his wacky point of views. It would only be acceptable if he was a political professor, author/historian, or a journalist. Seems unlikely...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-10-2016 05:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wish GFY could have been here for all of this :(

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-10-2016 05:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wait... Memphis doesn't live in America? Lol wtf?!... :olo: ...

plained
plained
PostPosted: 11-10-2016 06:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

whoa ey :olo:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-10-2016 06:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I couldn't imagine caring enough about a foreign election to type a single sentence about it on a gaming forum. This Memphis dipshit takes the crown for the biggest q3w moron in history... :olo: ...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 11-10-2016 07:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wasn't trying to... Weirdo...

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 11-10-2016 08:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh look. Money is rotating from big tech stocks to big spending lobby stocks and banks on Trump's election. But Trump is anti-establishment and isn't going to be corrupt like all the rest right Memphis? :olo:

Buy up those prison and coal stocks now. :dork:

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 11-10-2016 08:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Politico reports that Trump is "seriously considering" Steven Mnuchin for Secretary of the Treasury; Mnuchin worked for Goldman Sachs for 17 years and now runs a hedge fund. Trump earlier stated that Mnuchin would be his pick for Alexander Hamilton's old job. Mnuchin also ran Trump's campaign finance team.

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.