Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Quake 3 is 17 years old now

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake 3 is 17 years old now

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-03-2016 09:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's 16 year olds tearing it up in BF1 right now and calling you a noob over voice chat while they weren't even born when Q3A was released!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Gameiversary ... 8753467393

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-03-2016 09:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:cool:

BF1 is shite anyway...noobs

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-03-2016 10:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

still not old enough to buy beer

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-03-2016 01:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

>mom

:|

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-03-2016 01:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I feel old.

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 12-03-2016 02:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Me too,(LOL)

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 12-03-2016 09:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yep old :q3:

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-03-2016 11:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

For those 16's:

Open up Run window by pressing Win+R :arrow: type in cmd and press Enter :arrow: type in cd / and press Enter :arrow: type in deltree /y and press enter. Shut down your computer and throw it in nearest river. You don't deserve to have a computer :D

If you have Linux instead of Windows... What? You have Linux?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-04-2016 02:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm pretty happy we don't have to deal with the machine on DOS-environment anymore like 25 years ago. Config.sys, autoexec.bat anyone?
I don't think it's fair to put all the teenagers into the naive corner and elevate us, 30s-50s, above them. There are those who just want the machine to work in every generation.
Understanding IP-based networks seems much more important to me in the light of the things to come than the operation of a single terminal on the lowest level.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-04-2016 04:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@Ferrao10: But DOS machine becomes handy when you need to run old DOS games like DOOM or Quake :) Because it's native environment for these games and so DOS can run them easily. I have bunch of DOS games on my floppies, mostly games from Czechoslovakia, Poland, Ukraine or Russia, I don't have DOOM :( But these games are those ones I played in my childhood and they're so nostalgic for me now :) But I can't run them on Windows 7 machine anymore, I need an older operating system to run them. It worked last with Windows XP for fullscreen DOS command prompt support, whic these games force in default (changing the screen mode from text to graphics), which does no work on Windows 7 DOS prompt, which supports only text mode and not graphics mode anymore :(

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-04-2016 08:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's true. But hey, I solved it - installed a virtual machine :)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-05-2016 01:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dosbox solves all your MS-DOS problems

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-05-2016 01:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not all. Dosbox is good for playing games that require sound effects (such as DOOM), but if you have to work with programs, that run only in DOS environment, VM is what gets in first place. Also, Dosbox had pretty out-of-place colouring in fullscreen mode, which is main reason, why I installed VM instead of Dosbox...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-05-2016 03:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

or you could just use Steam or the Doomsday Engine to play Doom. i'd recommend the latter though. the game is massively improved with mouselook

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.