Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        NIN EP: Not the Actual Events

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: NIN EP: Not the Actual Events

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 12-21-2016 03:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I know a number of you are fellow Nine Inch Nails fans, so you might be interested to know that in the beginning of this year Reznor mentioned the possibility of new material in 2016. Many speculations throughout the year as Reznor and long time collaborator Atticus Ross completed two film soundtracks, but no actual NIN material. This Friday, he actually delivers on his promise, as Trent (one man band) Reznor officially welcomes Ross as a NIN partner and releases an EP, Not the Actual Events.

The new album is self published and you can buy it from them directly. They are selling it as an exclusive vinyl with digital download, or a digital download with a mysterious "physical component" which looks like a black brick. No mentions on what the physical component actually is, but NIN never disappoints with packaging.

In addition, NIN is releasing remastered collections of all their previous albums along with a special cut of The Fragile.

https://store.nin.com/products/not-the- ... tal-object

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-21-2016 03:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I am a huge fan and I saw this and am looking forward to Friday. Love Atticus Ross too.

Already got my order in for the digital download + physical component :up:

Wish he would release more stuff on SACD though :(

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-21-2016 04:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was holding out hope that Reznor would follow through with his 2016 release. :up:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-22-2016 01:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
SURPRISE!
The new Nine Inch Nails record Not The Actual Events is available NOW, along with any other high-resolution downloads that went live in the store last week.  Links below!

Yaaaayyyy :D

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 12-22-2016 08:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Nine Inch Nails are expected to drop a full new album and announce tour dates for 2017 in the months ahead.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/nine-inch ... DgxCX93.99

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-22-2016 08:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice - I'd love to go and see them again if they come to Europe

And How to Destroy Angels

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 12-22-2016 10:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 12-23-2016 05:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Interview with Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross. Talks about the role of modern music, the music listening experience, reviewing the NIN discography. Mentions 2 new NIN related works for 2017!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/post/idsa.0 ... daf9b5f6ce

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 03-03-2017 11:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey look, I got an ominous black envelope in the mail! 10x7". It's black like the monolith, it beckons me to open it and I must obey.

Whoa! Giant warning label on the back!

Contents of package in spoiler:
6 cards, a transparent acetate sheet photo of Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, lots of black powder (probably graphite) and it's fucking everywhere! Apparently, different people have been getting different sets of cards.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-03-2017 01:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not had mine yet :/

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-04-2017 09:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mine came through today...not opened it yet

Your Daddy
Your Daddy
PostPosted: 03-05-2017 02:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U scared bro?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-05-2017 11:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Very....

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 03-06-2017 08:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Heh, mine's just arrived.
Kinda don't want to open it, keep it pristine.
But I will :D

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 03-06-2017 12:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you're going to open it, I would just slit to top of the envelope. The sticker is almost impossible to peel back and the envelope flap is glued down. I fucked mine up.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 03-07-2017 01:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Good advice. Currently, I've not even removed it from its plastic bag.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-07-2017 05:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Same here...considering leaving it in there too.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-07-2017 09:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here comes the NRFB crowd

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.