Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Need help choosing a MIDI-Keyboard

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Need help choosing a MIDI-Keyboard

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-26-2016 12:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So i found this midi-sequencer for win7 (Sekaiju4.9) and want to have some MIDI-Fun again! Last time i did that was in the mid 90´s using Voyetra Sequencer-plus for ms-dos :D
But i need a keyboard, so i found this: it has usb-midi and classic midi-out (no "in"). Checked some vids on yt and it seems for its price its ok, im talking bout this one:
http://www.alesis.com/products/legacy/q49
Anyone can recommend this or a similar-budget-buy?
Some suggestions what to look for and what to avoid?
I just dont want to buy shit! :question: ;)
Thanks!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-26-2016 01:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What you are looking for is a Master-keyboard.
Functions of those are a fine velocity, preferably after-touch, weighted keys, 53+ keys and as many potis as you can get.
So, nope, I wouldn't go for the Alesis.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 12-26-2016 04:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ive read a couple of reviews on that q49 and lots of people complain about faulty velocity detection... the v49 version everyone says the pads are so shitty its unusable.. so i think im gonna buy an m audio 49 keys, because i have a bigger 88 key m audio already and its working all fine for years now.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-26-2016 08:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't know if you want to venture into adding audio/sampled instruments to your recordings, but if you do, you might take a look at Presonus Studio One Prime as an additional free software.

https://shop.presonus.com/products/studio-one-prods/Studio-One-3-Prime

It does midi and audio recording and includes several VST synths and built in effects.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-27-2016 06:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks alot for the tips, im a real NOOB in that music-biz ;)
Ääaehm.. what about this? : m-audio oxygen 49
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h3nYygyYN8

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 12-27-2016 08:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

axiom 49 is 140eur, while the m audio keystation is 85eur.. im guessing the keys are are the same on both and the difference between the two are the extra buttons and knobs. its up to you if you want the knobs and all.. id go for the better key quality without any knobs or buttons and search what else you can get for 150 if thats your spending limit.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.