Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Are you into cooking?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Are you into cooking?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 05:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

when a grain of rice size drop of weed extract can keep you high all day, theres really no point anymore in infusing food... we used butter to extract the oils out of weed and baked cookies with the butter. now we bake cookies that taste good and use alcohol for the extraction which is much more efficient...

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-11-2017 12:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
You can't recognize visually the difference between 34 and 3.4 grams as a dutch citizen?
Hmm, makes me think....

3.4 still seems to be the absolute overkill for that portion of a drink.

:olo: woops
Forget the dot there and was indeed trying to express my disbelief at 3.4 grams for a single dose - don't know about you guys, but i'd be fucking floored.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 01-11-2017 02:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

for a smoker 1g is a dose to keep you pleasently high for a couple of hours. i eat this stuff from time to time and one developes a tolerance really fast(much much faster than smoking.. people who eat it for medical reasons can eat a 10g dose and not feel anything special after one month of eating it), i would need the 3 g dose to get high so that means i would need to eat half a litre of honey with coconut oil. even if you take a normal dose of 1g you would still need to eat 1.5dcl of honey.. :puke:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-11-2017 03:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fair enough :)

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-11-2017 11:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cut up some boneless chicken into small chunks and fry them in a skillet/pan.

Once it's cooked, add a can of coconut milk, two heaping full tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter, about half of that in brown sugar, a tablespoon or two of curry, the same for Sambal Olek, or any chilly sauce/spices will do too. A few pinches of salt and cook on low until it thickens a little.

It doesn't need to cook long and if you cook it too long the sugar will caramelize and not taste anything like it should.

It may not be a thick sauce when it's done but it will thicken up once it's chilled if you put some away for later.

Serve this on rice but it can also work with pasta and it's godamn delicious.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-13-2017 11:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dubz wrote:
for a smoker 1g is a dose to keep you pleasently high for a couple of hours.

When I did stuff, 1 gram of the good would keep me pleasently high (or stoned) for 4 evenings. Maybe you should take care of your tolerance-level.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-13-2017 12:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Edit: we are derailing. Keep it to cooking, will you? You know, with normal ingredients. Thanks.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-14-2017 09:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you combine:

-3 big onions
-1 toe of fresh garlic
-1000g of devastated meat
-salt, pepper, italian spices
-tomatopaste
-oil
-2L of water
-300ml creme fraiche
-sauce bechamel
-lasagna-noodelplates
-spinach
-cheese (i love Gouda)
-5x Maggi fix für lasagne :D :D
You will get (if done right):

And with a better Cam it would look yummie as hell! ;)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-14-2017 09:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
can't stand lasagne. looks like someone's eaten it already :|

Thats the good part, you dont have to chew that much ;)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-14-2017 11:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

if your lasagne looks like flan when on your plate, you're doing it wrong.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-14-2017 12:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That is the most disgusting "lasagna" I've seen, this is what it's supposed to look like:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-14-2017 01:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah this looks good but dry, needs heinz ketchup!
i will do some shots again tomorrow with better light, its not that bad -trust me ;)

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-14-2017 03:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lasagna is rarely bad. I actually had that for supper.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-14-2017 03:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't think I've ever had lasagna with ketchup, you gotta season it right.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-14-2017 09:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Throw some hard boiled eggs, spinach and chirozo into one of the layers

Banging.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-17-2017 03:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Made a giant pot of mashed potatoes yesterday, served it with mashed tuna and fresh garden salad.

Today I took the leftovers and baked them in the oven. Cooked stir-fry vegan chicken with soy sauce, garlic, pepper and basil to go with it. My girlfriend and I try to restrict our meat consumption to fish only and minimize our dairy intake as well. And no eggs either.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-18-2017 02:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No eggs? Why not?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-18-2017 10:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Too many health risks attached to eggs, especially in Canada where food standards are fairly low and words like "organic" or "free-range" aren't even real. I can also substitute eggs for flax seeds in many of my baking recipes so it's not a necessity.

I actually went vegan with my girlfriend for about a month last summer to try and alleviate my allergies and it actually worked. We haven't been fully vegan since then but we just try to limit the amount of dairy and meat in our diet.

This video is also worth watching:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-18-2017 12:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
mashed tuna

That's a good and simple one to smear on bread during summer times.
Mashed tuna with some creme fraiche, caper? (the lettuce/fruit/whatever), chives. Can even add roasted bacon-dices.

Apropos mash:
Can some british gentleman post the recipe for delicious bangers and mash?
Had it once in, yes, Guatemala. Made by some chef from the UK and it was gorgeous. Didn't mean to bother him for the important parts of this fairly simple thing, I guess.
But is there anything to keep in mind? Tell me your mom's stories about bangers, please.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-18-2017 01:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nakkikastike is the Finnish version of bangers and mash and it was by far my favourite out of all the amazing lunches the school would serve. FOR FREE.

https://thedomesticman.com/2014/09/16/n ... -in-sauce/

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-19-2017 12:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That looks like take away food. Not exactly what I was served.
Mine looked more along these lines:

copyright goes to: http://cuckooking.blogspot.de/2013/07/b ... -beer.html

And it really was a good meal at 11 pm at a night out.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-18-2017 09:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
..... Mine looked more along these lines..

Looks nice :up: Ferrao10
It is hard to beat bangers, peas and mash potato for sure.

Tonight I am knocking up a chicken chasseur and a strawberry mouse dessert.
My original recipe says to add 2 tablespoons cognac in the chasseur. Yes it's optional but I don't add it as a rule.

What's that funny line? ... I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food. - W. C. Fields ...
Sauce :)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-22-2017 12:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Tonight I am knocking up a chicken chasseur...
What's that funny line? ... I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food. - W. C. Fields ...

Well, I don't have an idea what a chasseur is but keep it coming.
We might all learn from you in the end.

Bavarian: "A meal includes two beers. But meanwhile we haven't drunken anything, yet."

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-12-2017 11:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doing my pumpkin risotto recipe now. I still taste as I cook.

Code:
Ingredients

pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1cm cubes
Some olive oil
Some honey, and some to serve
Prepare some vegetable stock
You choose he amount of onion, but finely chop
Some celery stalks, finely chopped
A piece ginger, grated fineley
Arborio rice, enough for the number partaking
Some white wine
Some lemon juice (doesn’t need to be fresh but fresh is best)
Some chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus extra to garnish
1 or 2 tablespoons mascarpone, plus extra to serve

Here’s how to put it together

Preheat you oven to 220°C.
Lay pumpkin in an even layer on a large baking tray and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil
Season with salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes, then remove and drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon of honey, tossing well to coat each piece
Roast for a further 15 minutes until cooked and golden
Place stock in a saucepan and keep at a simmer over low heat
Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in a large heavy-based pan over low heat then add onion and stir for 2-3 minutes until soft
Add celery and cook for 1 minute, then add ginger and rice and cook for a further minute, stirring to coat grains
Increase heat to medium-low, add wine and cook until absorbed
Add stock a ladle full at a time, allowing each to be absorbed before adding the next
Continue for 15 minutes or until rice is cooked but still firm to the bite
Add lemon juice, pumpkin and parsley
Season, then stir in mascarpone

Serve with a little parmesan cheese ....
Bread rolls (heated and buttered) with a glass of white wine and you're done

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-13-2017 12:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Some things I made a long time ago:

Some kind of salad with a veggie quiche

Pasta with shrimps

Lasagna

Dessert :)

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-14-2017 07:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Made a giant pot of mashed potatoes yesterday, served it with mashed tuna and fresh garden salad.......

I've been reading the topic to get some ideas and Captain Mazda, your mash and tuna got me to thinking of and old recipe my Mum used to make when I was like 5 years old....
I must go hunt that one out so thanks for the prod :up:

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 04-15-2017 10:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not a photo of food, but I've just bought some rather sexy de Buyer carbon steel pans - 10" and 12". I highly recommend them :up:

Dutcho's, you'll be pleased to know this purchase supported your economy. I bought them from http://knivesandtools.nl/ as it was a few £ cheaper than buying from their UK store. Arrived in two days too :clownboat:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-16-2017 07:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice Pho

As you are about, I am after a nice knife block with accompanying knives. Might you be able to assist with a few recommendations? Not wanting to spend more than £100 though (cheap skate)

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 04-16-2017 03:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Every bit of advice I read when looking into knives is don't buy a knife block, you won't use half of them :). You only really need two knives, a small pairing style knife and a chefs' knife. Storing knives in a block isn't very good for them from what I read, you can pick-up a magnetic knife rack off eBay/Amazon for about £7 - I've one of these, it's cheap but it does the job.

I own and like Japanese knives as they have a thinner and sharper edge than western knives but they're often not that cheap. From when I was researching into them Victorinox (the people who make Swiss army knives) are very good value for the price and better than Wüsthof which is about double the price. You could pick-up these for £57 all in:

Victorinox Cooks Knife - 8.5" blade
Victorinox - Paring Knife 10cm
Victorinox - Bread Knife 21cm Serrated Edge

If you've already got a bread knife I'd probably not bother - I use a cheap one and it cuts bread fine!

Probably the most important thing is keeping the edge.. never leave them stood in water, never put them in the dishwasher, never use them to hack up frozen food etc - use a cheap old knife for that. Learn how to sharpen them; it's really easy and makes a world of difference. You want both a whetstone (which does the actual sharpening) and a honing rod (to straighten the fibres of the edge, they don't "sharpen" it). You only have to use the whetstone every few months and maybe the honing rod every week. I have a 1000/3000 grade whetstone (not this exact one). From what I read in most cases that's all you need and generally you'll only probably need to use the 3000 grade unless you've really dulled your knife. For a honing steel get ceramic (or diamond, but ceramic is better, apparently). E.g., something like this Wusthof one.

Sorted. :).

Homework on whetstones. FYI the Victorinox is a 15' sharpening angle:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-04-2017 10:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thought I'd knock together my cauliflower and broccoli bake tonight as the weather has turned a little chilly.
I don't do the 'white sauce' variety you may be familiar with and I go for the more tasty tomato style.
Quick simple and healthy :) with lots of vegetables

Ingredients
- Cauliflower
- Broccoli
- Penne pasta, quantity cooked al dente
- Your favourite pasta sauce
- Your favourite cheese grated

Method

• Blanch pre-prepared cauliflower & broccoli pieces
(To blanch, and if you didn't know, add salt to a pot of water and when it boils add veggies and cook 1 minute)
• When done drain and lay these pieces of vegetables on a oven proof bowl or tray (I prefer Pyrex glass) and press down
• Cook quantity of pasta al dente
• Heat pasta sauce
• Mix pasta and sauce to make the consistency to your liking
• Add this pasta mixture over your oven tray and top with a cheese of your taste
• Place in preheated oven (180) and bake for about 30 minutes or until nice golden brown on top

Serve with an accompanying bead of you choice and a glass of you favourite (red) wine.

Magic :D

Note: I sometimes add a little shredded ham to the dish i.e. before adding the cheese topping add a layer of shredded ham.
Note to self: Must try some European sausage pieces :!:

EDIT: I added a few little cherry tomatoes to this one.

Unlike me I took a photo :smirk: before putting in the oven.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-08-2017 11:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:

Just what I am serving tonight :up: but I will add some gravy.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 05-09-2017 12:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You better be adding gravy, sausages require gravy! :p

plained
plained
PostPosted: 05-11-2017 04:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PhoeniX wrote:
Not a photo of food, but I've just bought some rather sexy de Buyer carbon steel pans - 10" and 12". I highly recommend them :up:

Dutcho's, you'll be pleased to know this purchase supported your economy. I bought them from http://knivesandtools.nl/ as it was a few £ cheaper than buying from their UK store. Arrived in two days too :clownboat:

:drool:

nice ones

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-13-2017 09:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Help!

I tried for the first time to cook muffins but they stuck to the paper cup cake holders :tear:
Do I have to grease the paper? I would grease a metal muffin baking tray but I thought these wouldn't stick as my cup cakes have never had a problem.

Thoughts/suggestions from anyone are welcome:D

ImageImage

Here's the recipe
Code:

Ingredients

Quantity (60g) of shaved ham, chopped (save a little for garnish before baking)
   Quantity (500g) cheddar cheese, grated
   2 cups self-raising flour
   1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
   1 and a 1/2 cups of milk
   A little salt and pepper

Method

Step 1
    Preheat oven to 180°C.

Step 2
    Place self-raising flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl

Step 3
    Place shaved ham, cheddar cheese, milk and flat-leaf parsley in a separate bowl and mix until combined
    Pour the ham and cheese mixture into the flour and fold lightly until just combined

Step 4
    Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 12-hole mini muffin pan. Place a little of the reserved ham onto/into the top of each muffin.
    Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.

Serve warm or at room temperature.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 05-14-2017 02:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ham muffins? What kind of amazing wizardry is this? :o

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.