Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Europe Will Soon Be Muslim Because of Our Stupidity

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Europe Will Soon Be Muslim Because of Our Stupidity

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-17-2017 04:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Based on current trends religion is expected to grow and atheism / agnostics and the like is expected to decline globally, the last I checked.

Religion in Europe and America is expected to decline percentage wise but have shrinking populations when compared to other countries. Religious people tend to be above the average when popping out kids n all.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-17-2017 11:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hmm, not so sure about that, LosCHUNK. Imo, secularism is getting more wide spread pretty well most all over the world. In some countries faster than in others.
Can only speak for Germany, where maybe the most important figure for that process to kick in was Immanuel Kant. So, we already had 200 years of reconnaissance. A very important motor for secularism, emancipation and the uprising against any kind of feudalism.
I would agree that I'm not sure whether the muslimic world is yet ready for such a person coming from within.

And no, Whiskey, you don't need to fear directly for your life if you visit europe.
Do you know how many tourists in percentage from the total amount of tourists have been victims of the attacks of the last 3 years? And I'm not talking about western tourists, even eastern tourists have been victims.
I can't tell you for sure, I don't know the number for sure either. But my guess'd be under 1%.

And Lars, very good source for information. That site is not biased in any way, as the whole world knows by now.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-17-2017 11:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Doombrain wrote:

Classic view point of someone with no experience of other nations.

Pretty sure statistics agree with me

It's just a matter of time until globalization sets in and with the dissemination of information via the internet it's harder and harder for religions to pull the wool over the general populations eyes. That's not to say they won't try but I'm fairly confident humankind will see some kind of enlightenment unlike anything we've seen in the next 50 years.

Sure, because the guys taking the stats visit EVERY PERSON ON EARTH. Don't be so dumb.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-17-2017 12:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
Hmm, not so sure about that, LosCHUNK. Imo, secularism is getting more wide spread pretty well most all over the world. In some countries faster than in others.
Can only speak for Germany, where maybe the most important figure for that process to kick in was Immanuel Kant. So, we already had 200 years of reconnaissance. A very important motor for secularism, emancipation and the uprising against any kind of feudalism.
I would agree that I'm not sure whether the muslimic world is yet ready for such a person coming from within.

Quote:

The report predicts that Muslims and Christians will each make up roughly 30% of the world’s population by 2050, largely due to high fertility rates in the developing world and the continuing decline of Christianity in the west...

...Although Christians will still be the UK’s largest religious bloc in 2050, the report predicts they will no longer represent the majority of Britons. In France, unaffiliated people will overtake Christians as the new majority.

But the atheists, agnostics and other unaffiliated of the world, despite their larger share of the population in countries like the US, France and Japan, will see their global share diminish because of an older median age and a tendency to have smaller families.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/ ... ligion-pew

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-17-2017 12:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, your article speaks about official numbers believing in each faith and those could hold true.
But I was talking about secularism and its' progress.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-17-2017 12:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Based on current trends religion is expected to grow and atheism / agnostics and the like is expected to decline globally, the last I checked.

Religion in Europe and America is expected to decline percentage wise but have shrinking populations when compared to other countries. Religious people tend to be above the average when popping out kids n all.

as it happens, there's a correlation between lower IQ and higher fertility

there's also a correlation between lower IQ and being religious

go figure

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-17-2017 01:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Was gonna say education was more important than secularism :), that sums it up though. It's no coincidence that religion is on the increase in poorer countries and with societies across the globe becoming more developed then I think that will be the deciding factor on the future projections of religion. Idiocracy here we come...

I think secularism will follow the will of the people, not the other way around. The West only started progressing as Christian populations started falling. Could also be a side effect of globalisation and the mixture of different religous groups within certain countries and their acceptance of each other.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-18-2017 06:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
Do you know how many tourists in percentage from the total amount of tourists have been victims of the attacks of the last 3 years? And I'm not talking about western tourists, even eastern tourists have been victims.
I can't tell you for sure, I don't know the number for sure either. But my guess'd be under 1%.

Much, much less. 1% would mean 1 in every 100 tourists became victims in terrorist attacks.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-18-2017 11:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
as it happens, there's a correlation between lower IQ and higher fertility

there's also a correlation between lower IQ and being religious

go figure

Yes, absolutely. I didn't want to say it that hard, but yeah. Totally agree with you.

Generell wealth can -> lower corruption can -> generell education can -> reconnaissance can -> secularism. (in CIV tiers :) )
At least that was the way western europe took. Though the French Revolution had a big part in the progression of change, as well.
On the other hand, I can't tell at all if those historical events could be compared to the actual events taking place (arab spring, uprising in syria, etc.). I have to admit that I'm just lost in today's political world with all its deals here and there.
I think, however, that the frontiers that were drawn in the middle east after WW2 were not exactly well thought out. In fact, a linear ruler doesn't think at all. And that was a big mistake, not taking into account the different ethnic groups that live(d) in those regions.

@Eraser: Definitely. But "less than 0.005%" can read a bit abstract. I chose an easier to understand formula ;).

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-18-2017 11:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
I think, however, that the frontiers that were drawn in the middle east after WW2 were not exactly well thought out. In fact, a linear ruler doesn't think at all. And that was a big mistake, not taking into account the different ethnic groups that live(d) in those regions.

on the contrary, they were very much taken into account. the idea was make sure keep people in the region divided by ethnicity/religion/nationality so they would be easier to control

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.