Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Okay Google, who is officer Charles?...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Okay Google, who is officer Charles?...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-13-2018 02:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Or his rape victim is pregnant with his child :dts:

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 02-13-2018 03:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Or his rape victim is pregnant with his child :dts:

oh shiii....

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-13-2018 04:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Trial day 3...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-13-2018 09:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
He just became a father and his career is probably ruined.

the latter part of this sentence is certainly true, because as a rule police forces tend not to hire (or keep on) people who break the law. the first part is backed with zero hard evidence, unless "shit talking on a forum infamous for shit talking" counts as evidence

also - given that you're basically downplaying (alleged) sexual assault in this instance - i'm guessing you're not impressed with #metoo either

or is this case in some way "different"?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-13-2018 09:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
as a rule police forces tend not to hire (or keep on) people who break the law

:olo:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-13-2018 10:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Did he rape someone? My bad. I thought it was just a drunken grope.

edit: "one count of having sexual intercourse without consent and another charge of indecent assault."

fuck this guy...

I didn't realise that either. Let's see what the court says.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-13-2018 10:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
shaft wrote:
He just became a father and his career is probably ruined.

the latter part of this sentence is certainly true, because as a rule police forces tend not to hire (or keep on) people who break the law. the first part is backed with zero hard evidence, unless "shit talking on a forum infamous for shit talking" counts as evidence

also - given that you're basically downplaying (alleged) sexual assault in this instance - i'm guessing you're not impressed with #metoo either

or is this case in some way "different"?

I'm not downplaying anything. I said justice should be served, that doesn't mean you cant feel bad for his mistakes and the repercussions it had on others. I thought it was just a drunken grope though and didn't realize it was for rape. That's a whole other level of fucked up.

As for the kid story I dunno why someone would bother to make that up. I can remember him joining irc chat a month or so before he disappeared and he was chatting it up about being nervous becoming a father, having to change his lifestyle and complaining about visiting his gf's parents.
I also remember him asking advice about pc's and getting back into gaming since he was going to be spending a lot more time at home with his new kid.

It stuck with me because it was nothing like his forum persona. Maybe the charges had come in by that time and he was scared shitless.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-13-2018 11:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He was doing the leg work. Fuck him.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-13-2018 11:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

even if the wife-and-kid story was true - and i'm happy to accept it as 'truthy' - that just makes it worse

also, this place was not only a place to talk shit, but also to be called out on it - which is pretty much what this thread is about

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-13-2018 12:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think people have a hard time feeling empathy because to most of us, LawL was nothing more than a virtual persona that was being a dick about a lot of things. In that sense, Lawl was actually a particularly negative persona. I mean, people here seemed to be genuinely shocked about Geoff potentially having ball cancer. Of course as soon as it turned out to be a false alarm no opportunity to make fun out him was left unused, but thats the shittalking aspect of q3w again.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-13-2018 01:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah but even if geoffrey had actually had ball cancer, it wouldn't have been his fault, so piss-taking would have been inappropriate. charles is in this situation because of bad (and entirely avoidable) choices he himself made (assuming the allegations are true, that is)

the piss-taking gwamps got when he posted about his dad dying was borderline. on the one hand, it was worthy of empathy, but on the other hand he did it in such a way that it was obvious he was trying to provoke the very piss-taking he received. it was a kind of meta-piss-taking, if you will

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-13-2018 01:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So you're saying I was looking to be shit on when I posted about my father death?

FFS. :disgust:

I posted because I wanted to share what was going on in my life. Did I think people could be dick bags about it? Sure. But that's certainly not what I wanted.

And if BawL is a rapist, fuck him...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-13-2018 04:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"charged with one count of having sexual intercourse without consent and another charge of indecent assault.". Pretty sure that's rape... :olo: ....

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-13-2018 05:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We’ve established that...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-13-2018 05:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not shaft... He's really misses lawl apparently...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-13-2018 05:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He literally quoted the exact same line you did. :offended:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-13-2018 05:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Not shaft... He's really misses lawl apparently...

You can tell from the multiple topics I've made and how I scoured the public records of a foreign country in search of him since he left.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-13-2018 06:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
literally

I kill ppl on a routine basis for using that word... Care to be next?...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-13-2018 06:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You’re figuratively a douche bag...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-13-2018 06:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
I kill ppl on a routine basis for using that word... Care to be next?...

It's a pet peeve of mine, too, bro. At least when I use the word, I use it correctly. <3

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-14-2018 04:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Trial Day 4 coming up...

They’re bringing in a new judge. Wonder what that’s about...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-14-2018 08:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Noticed that too, also seen they've changed to court lg4 ?

I need to know what this means

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-14-2018 09:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I’m really surprised this isn’t publicized. The only news we’ve seen of it was back in 2016.

I feel like anywhere else, if a cop raped a woman, the news would be all over this. At the very least, the local media would have a few articles. But there’s nothing...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-14-2018 09:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it's only a story once they're arrested, when the mere accusation is presented as if it were guilt. the media aren't interested enough to follow the case to find out if he's actually guilty

never underestimate the willingness of some journalists/editors to dogwhistle for quick adshekels

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-14-2018 09:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

adshekels.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-14-2018 10:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Trial Day 4 coming up...

They’re bringing in a new judge. Wonder what that’s about...

Maybe he knew her from Bondi Beach...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-14-2018 11:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
it's only a story once they're arrested, when the mere accusation is presented as if it were guilt. the media aren't interested enough to follow the case to find out if he's actually guilty

never underestimate the willingness of some journalists/editors to dogwhistle for quick adshekels

I actually mailed the news agency that wrote the article in this thread asking if they'd like to follow it up cos its gone to trial, hoping they'd get some info for us. That was like 2 days ago, never heard fuck all.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-14-2018 11:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol jesus

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-14-2018 11:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Christ, don't lead them back here. They would have a field day with the crap posted on this shit hole.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-14-2018 12:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
I actually mailed the news agency that wrote the article in this thread asking if they'd like to follow it up cos its gone to trial, hoping they'd get some info for us. That was like 2 days ago, never heard fuck all.

Now that was a good idea :up: so please keep us advised.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-14-2018 12:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Christ, don't lead them back here. They would have a field day with the crap posted on this shit hole.

lol, wouldn’t that be some shit? If they only knew what kind of degrading things lawl has said about women on here. I’d love to see them quote some of lawl’s posts at the trial...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-14-2018 12:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Your honor, I give you exhibit A...

LawL wrote:
Eraser wrote:
Lawl and xer0s are just jealous because they've got dead sperm.

I've got two bitches pregnant in my time. Made them both have abortions. Strong ownage right there.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-14-2018 02:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jesus. See this is the shit that could do him real damage, it's where I draw the line. Laughing at his situation is one thing but pulling that up and making it known is low.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-14-2018 03:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

without actual physical evidence to back it up it's just hearsay

courts tend to be old-fashioned like that. they don't follow internet rules

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-14-2018 03:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aye, if by some miracle they do find their way here they still gotta prove it was him, then it was him making the posts, try to get them admitted to an ongoing trial before making the case about context and relevance.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.