Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Trump expected to sign executive orders on immigration

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Trump expected to sign executive orders on immigration

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 01-24-2017 05:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U.S. President Donald Trump is expected to sign several executive orders on Wednesday restricting immigration from Syria and six other Middle Eastern or African countries, according to several congressional aides and immigration experts briefed on the matter.

In addition to Syria, Trump's orders are expected to temporarily restrict access to the United States for most refugees. Another order will block visas from being issued to those from Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen, said the aides and experts, who asked not to be identified.

The restrictions on refugees are likely to include a multi-month ban on admissions from all countries until the State Department and the Department of Homeland Security can make the vetting process more rigorous.

Stephen Legomsky, a former chief counsel at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services in the Obama administration, said the president has the authority to limit refugee admissions and the issuance of visas to specific countries if it is determined to be in the public’s interest.

“From a legal standpoint, it would be exactly within his legal rights,” said Legomsky, who now is a professor at Washington University School of Law in St. Louis. “But from a policy standpoint it would be terrible idea because there is such an urgent humanitarian need right now for refugees.”

The Republican president was expected to sign the orders at the headquarters of the Department of Homeland Security, whose responsibilities include immigration and border security.

On the campaign trail, Trump initially proposed a temporary ban on Muslims entering the United States, which he said would protect Americans from jihadist attacks. Many Trump supporters decried former President Barack Obama's decision to increase the number of Syrian refugees admitted to the United States over fears that those fleeing the country's civil war would carry out attacks.

Both Trump and his nominee for attorney general, U.S. Senator Jeff Sessions, have since said they would focus the restrictions on countries whose emigres could pose a threat rather than placing a ban on people who follow a specific religion.

Detractors could launch legal challenges to the moves if all the countries subject to the ban are Muslim-majority nations, said immigration expert Hiroshi Motomura at UCLA School of Law. Legal arguments could claim the executive orders discriminate against a particular religion, which would be unconstitutional, he said.

"His comments during the campaign and a number of people on his team focused very much on religion as the target," Motomura said.

To block entry from the designated countries, Trump is likely to instruct the State Department to stop issuing visas to people from those nations, according to sources familiar with the visa process. He could also instruct Customs and Border Protection to stop any current visa holders from those countries from entering the United States.

White House spokesman Sean Spicer said on Tuesday that the State and Homeland Security departments would work on the vetting process once Trump's nominee to head the State Department, Rex Tillerson, is installed.

Other measures may include directing all agencies to finish work on a biometric identification system for non-citizens entering and exiting the United States and a crackdown on immigrants fraudulently receiving government benefits, according to the congressional aides and immigration experts.

To restrict illegal immigration, Trump has promised to build a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border and to deport illegal migrants living inside the United States. None of the orders to be signed Wednesday are expected to focus on those issues.

Trump is also expected to swear in his new secretary of homeland security, retired Marine General John Kelly, on Wednesday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-t ... 582XQ?il=0

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 01-24-2017 05:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here we go boys and girls

plained
plained
PostPosted: 01-24-2017 07:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

really ey he said it and he did it

i think a neat way to bring in immigrants is one person at a time, from each and every country in the world! one at a time!

check them out good make sure they're not a problem . sorted!

i dont know if its right or good but that would be cool

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-24-2017 07:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is like watching Hitler rise to power.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 01-24-2017 07:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yep

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-24-2017 08:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Or Emperor Palpatine. In before executing Order 66.

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 01-24-2017 08:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If it's about illegal immigration then it's fine. Anywhere. I've never been to any country that allows illegal immigrants other than the US. It's ridiculous.

Last edited by feedback on 01-24-2017 08:36 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-24-2017 08:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This idiot wanted to have tanks rolling down Pennsylvania Avenue and had to be told by the military it would send the wrong message. Plus the tanks weigh so much they would destroy the road.

PostPosted: 01-24-2017 08:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
This idiot wanted to have tanks rolling down Pennsylvania Avenue and had to be told by the military it would send the wrong message. Plus the tanks weigh so much they would destroy the road.

hahaha seriously? (living overseas intensifies)

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-24-2017 08:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
If it's about illegal immigration then it's fine.

Did you read any of the above?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-24-2017 09:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
Transient wrote:

hahaha seriously? (living overseas intensifies)

Yeah. He wanted military fly-overs of fighter jets, too.

PostPosted: 01-24-2017 09:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:

Ionno, sounds like fake news m8. Source?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-24-2017 10:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
Transient wrote:

It's in the news.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-24-2017 10:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also anyone notice how saudi Arabia isn't on that list? Bit odd.

PostPosted: 01-25-2017 04:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Also anyone notice how saudi Arabia isn't on that list? Bit odd.

I 'member

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 01-25-2017 05:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

More on our Mister Trump, one scary guy when it comes to his agenda:

Trump to sign executive orders enabling construction of proposed border wall and targeting sanctuary cities
President Trump plans to sign executive orders Wednesday enabling construction of his proposed wall on the U.S.-Mexico border and targeting cities where local leaders refuse to hand over illegal immigrants for deportation, according to White House officials familiar with the decisions.

The actions, part of a multi-day focus on immigration, are among an array of sweeping and immediate changes to the nation’s immigration system under consideration by the new president. The moves represent Trump’s first effort to deliver on perhaps the signature issue that drove his presidential campaign: his belief that illegal immigration is out of control and threatening the country’s safety and security.

Trump’s immigration blitz this week is widely seen inside the White House as a victory for the self-described populist wing of his inner circle — which includes chief strategist Stephen K. Bannon, attorney general nominee Jeff Sessions and top policy adviser Stephen Miller.: Read More:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 3cf9403e9e

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-25-2017 09:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
This is like watching Hitler rise to power.

you're a lot older than i thought :|

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-25-2017 10:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-25-2017 12:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:
really ey he said it and he did it

i think a neat way to bring in immigrants is one person at a time, from each and every country in the world! one at a time!

check them out good make sure they're not a problem . sorted!

i dont know if its right or good but that would be cool

Last scrap of respect, gone.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-25-2017 02:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
Transient wrote:

Everything Drumpf does sounds like fucking fake news. :idea:

This particular story, however, was covered at length in the media, so you should have no problem Googling it yourself.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 01-25-2017 02:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

of corse the 1 person gets to bring thier family!

oh and FO Doombrain!

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-25-2017 03:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Now i know your place too :olo:

plained
plained
PostPosted: 01-25-2017 03:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i have always known your place! :olo:

i have only 1 tiny respect for you, you have some austism! it sucks its the dumb kind but still!

respect! :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-25-2017 03:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I read the topic twice and read

Trump expected to sign execution orders on immigration :eek:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.