Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Ringo McCartney Reunion

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Ringo McCartney Reunion

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-21-2017 06:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ringo Starr reunites with Paul McCartney: Fans can't 'Let It Be'

It was more than just "A Day in the Life" when the two surviving Beatles decided to "Come Together" to record over the weekend.
This is something you don't see Eight Days a Week. The two surviving Beatles, Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, reunited to record music together this weekend, and Starr shared photographic evidence on Twitter

Starr is currently creating the follow-up to 2015's "Postcards From Paradise," Rolling Stone reports. The magazine notes that Starr and McCartney last collaborated on Starr's 2010 LP "Y Not."

The remaining Beatles are enough musical star power for almost anyone, but Starr turned it up to 11 by also tweeting out a photo of Eagles guitarist Joe Walsh joining the pair. (Walsh and Starr are brothers-in-law, married to sisters Marjorie and Barbara Bach.) He gets by, with a little help from his friends.

To no one's surprise, fans loved the mini magical mystery tour

https://www.cnet.com/news/ringo-starr-p ... joe-walsh/

Last edited by lars63 on 02-21-2017 08:47 PM, edited 2 times in total.

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-21-2017 06:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*LOL* When I was a young man the Beatles were our hero's their music outsold everyone else on the charts. So long ago, they waited to long and now it doesn't matter to anyone, well maybe to old guys like me who still have a partial interest in what they do. Their music is almost nothing now, to bad they let their differences tear them apart. Oh well, life goes on

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-21-2017 07:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lars63 wrote:
Their music is almost nothing now

Nah, their music is still regarded as highly influential, even by a lot of young people.
You won't hear it on popular radio much anymore, but if you peek beyond that, you'll find that there's still a huge appreciation for music like the Beatles among young people.

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-21-2017 08:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's good to know, they were everywhere when I was young, they dominated the radio stations and the hit parade, I think part of it was our parents were so against them cause of their hair and later their music, "Abbey Road" and the "White Album" my parents went nuts over that one Damn Hippies,*LOL*

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-21-2017 09:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

don't worry Lars. in the future bands will be automated to produce an endless supply of cheerful pop anthems, plus the machines won't get addicted to heroin or throw each other out of hotel windows

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 02-21-2017 09:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-21-2017 02:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lars63 wrote:
...... Their music is almost nothing now....

I am a Beatles fan. Just days ago I was listening to a 'Band on the Run' special I recorded years ago about the album cover and found it very interesting. I gave that album away now I search for it again.

Possibly an interesting read here for some
https://www.h2g2.com/approved_entry/A918353

And in answer to the topic - Do you care?
Yes, good luck to them both but they don't need it.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-21-2017 02:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Clement Freud? :smirk:

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-21-2017 03:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
don't worry Lars. in the future bands will be automated to produce an endless supply of cheerful pop anthems, plus the machines won't get addicted to heroin or throw each other out of hotel windows

Well heck where is the fun in that if no one is throwing each other out windows and OD'ing? Geez you just take the fun out of everything,*grin*

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-21-2017 08:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Editing headers now are we? Not that I care mind you, I was going to say something more but what the heck, this is a forum on the Internet after all and in the grand scheme of things, well it just don't matter

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-21-2017 09:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I did it. Sorry Lars, just kept clicking the same header forgetting what the topic was about. Non-specific headers makes me want to delete the internet.

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-22-2017 05:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Your forgiven and thank you for telling me you were the one :)

plained
plained
PostPosted: 02-22-2017 11:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

Lol typical clulessaverageperson

10 year or more behind

Overconfident in abilities tho

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-22-2017 12:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck off, tool

plained
plained
PostPosted: 02-22-2017 12:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
*mouthbreath bipbopspicspac mouthbreath

Whoa get yourself some specialneeds resourcing asap

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 05:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
I did it. Sorry Lars, just kept clicking the same header forgetting what the topic was about. Non-specific headers makes me want to delete the internet.

At least spell the man's name right! :owned:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.