Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Wikileaks 'reveals CIA hacking tools'

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Wikileaks 'reveals CIA hacking tools'

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 03-07-2017 08:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wikileaks has published details of what it says are wide-ranging hacking tools used by the CIA.
The alleged cyber-weapons are said to include malware that targets Windows, Android, iOS, OSX and Linux computers as well as internet routers.
Some of the software is reported to have been developed in-house, but the UK's MI5 agency is said to have helped build a spyware attack for Samsung TVs.
A spokesman for the CIA would not confirm the details.
"We do not comment on the authenticity or content of purported intelligence documents," he said.
A spokesman for the Home Office was unable to comment.
Wikileaks said that its source had shared the details with it to prompt a debate into whether the CIA's hacking capabilities had exceeded its mandated powers. Read More:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39193008

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 03-07-2017 08:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"We do not comment on the authenticity or content of purported intelligence documents," he said. The rest of crew now search for Wikileaks servers to attack and delete incriminated documents from there :) Yeah, we all know that :D

Wikileaks is already known for publishing leaked top secret documents whereas Wikileaks leaders were already fined and once arrested for publishing top secret content. Next day the leaked content was removed. You can contribute to Wikileaks by using Tor website. It says "If you have a leaked secret document, upload it here" (or something like that). Wikileaks moderators then decide to put on the leaked documents that were considered authentic after bunch of time of investigation for falsificate signs and further research why it's secret. If approved, it may appear on the main websites at wikileaks.org...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-07-2017 09:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cue Trump claiming he has an internet enabled Samsung TV at Trump tower...

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 03-07-2017 10:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-07-2017 10:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So pretty much everything we thought they were doing they were in fact doing.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-07-2017 11:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Perhaps stop posting oversized shit icons then :rolleyes:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-07-2017 11:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:

tinfoil hat time!

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-07-2017 12:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
[lvlshot]https://pic.al/mzg.png[

( '_ ' )

and lol barred from image posting. still upsetted ey, cuckmin?

dont levelshot smilies please

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-07-2017 04:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
and lol barred from image posting. still upsetted ey, cuckmin?

:dts: :dts: :dts: TRIGGERED CUCK CUCK CUCK HITLER CUCK :dts: :dts: :dts:

plained
plained
PostPosted: 03-07-2017 07:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ffs why remove the joy of something so trivial?

give joy man give joy or you atre part of the problem

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-08-2017 01:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:

Is this an official wikileaks image or just something someone on the internet threw together in a few minutes? Seems to be a mixture of things i have no problem believing are true and wildly insane nutjob stuff 'Obama gave unlimited power to the CIA because he didn't want to end up like JFK', 'the CIA = CISCO, Microsoft, Google'

I mean, fuck right off with that shit, right?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-08-2017 09:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you could just read the news coverage instead of relying on jpgs on a game forum you know

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-08-2017 09:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is it worth doing that ?

Or is obvious crap obvious ?

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 03-08-2017 10:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's mostly things that were suspected for a while, and now just confirmed.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-08-2017 01:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
you could just read the news coverage instead of relying on jpgs on a game forum you know

welp, sources say it's actually true now.
obviously trump is more upset about this getting out rather than the actual spying but ok.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-08-2017 02:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft thinks its all a conspiracy theory, will proly vote oprah in 2020

all the documents are available as always so theres no need to rely on any news org. to tell you whats true or fake...

https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/

nothing that shocking for now, just another agency doing what we already knew the nsa is doing from the snowden leaks

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-08-2017 02:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
shaft wrote:
dont levelshot smilies please

then re-enable bbcode

or just ban me for working around the restrictions in place despite not breaking any rules in the first place

nazi cuck ( '_ ' )

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-08-2017 04:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dubz wrote:
shaft thinks its all a conspiracy theory

I'm sure most of it is true. The best propaganda has some truth sprinkled in. Doesnt mean they are warrentlessly tapping US citizen or president elects. You've been watching too much Jason Bourne.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-09-2017 10:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"A lie that is half truth is the darkest of all lies."

Alfred Tennyson

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-09-2017 10:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"i swear on ur mum ill fook u up cheeky cunt"

Winston Churchill

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-09-2017 10:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"U wot m8 ?"

Adolf Hitler

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-13-2017 01:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Doesnt mean they are warrentlessly tapping US citizen or president elects..

thats exactly whats going on, the nsa does it and now we get to see how the cia does it

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-13-2017 03:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sure thing, comrade...
The only thing we see here is the CIA doing what it was created for, gathering foreign intelligence. I don't doubt the authenticity of the tools, I question the motive for Russia's propaganda machine to release them with Obama conspiracies and "they make everything look like Russian hacks" bullshit. But you're right, why would Russia want to de-legitimize our intelligence agencies and sow distrust of our American institutions?

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-13-2017 10:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Russia are causing a bit of a shitstorm in the Balkans n all, something that NATO has been trying to keep a lid on for years - doing a very good job too. If NATO decreases efforts it's not going to take much for another Ukraine and a return to the 90s.

Then there's Russias middle east influence, Ukraine n all (obviously), with Russia benefiting most from a lack of US involvement.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-13-2017 10:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

one way how they do it https://theintercept.com/2017/03/13/ran ... -warrants/

and if you search a bit about the snowden leaks you will find they have lots of tools for gathering every text and every call made anywhere in the world including the US

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-13-2017 10:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well it's obvious he came to that conclusion based on Snowden, where is he again ?, I heard he was on holiday somewhere ?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-13-2017 11:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

whats your point blabber boy

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-13-2017 11:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is he in the Bahamas ?

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-14-2017 12:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Great article by Glenn Greenwald. The guy who helped Snowden get to Russia and has coincidentally gone to bat for the Russians ever since they were accused of tampering with our elections.

edit: sorry, I thought that article was the one where Greenwald claims the CIA and the FBI were in on the election hacking. Your article is more relevant to the topic but I cant help but read it with my tinfoil hat on.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-15-2017 07:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

snowden just talked about the same thing, every single communication gets recorded and they can easily look at the contents without a warrant

he explains it all in the first 10min

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-15-2017 11:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I didn't watch that, but I guess I don't understand the big news here? Its the nature of surveilling in the digital age. Eventually you have to put your trust in someone or trust in oversight of an institution. I bet certain employees at google can access your gmail inbox and your companies IT guy can read your email too. The point is the cat is out of the bag and there is no going back, ever. Dismantle the NSA and CIA? Who would you like to see take Americas place in the world? I'm open for suggestions.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-16-2017 01:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pretty much that ^

When I was working in retail I could find a lot about someone just by searching the system, when I worked for a bank I could pretty much find all your financial information - could've quite easily robbed your ass. Of course there was an invasion of privacy and highly illegal if I did so without reason but who's gonna check unless I did something serious ?.

We know the tools at their disposal, it'd be more surprising if they didn't have access to your personal shit or had access to your calls, ask any drug dealer. It's the world we live in, it's information that I required to perform my job however it was also open to abuse, just like most systems. Can you name any 1 instance where this has harmed an individual ?, as the very mention of it would be illegal due to its approach.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-16-2017 02:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

While I mostly agree with what you and shaft are saying, one difference is that if you as an employee of a company look up people's personal details without reason for doing so, there's a good chance you're disciplined if people find out.

There's a good chance CIA/NSA are snooping into people's private affairs if they have a slight suspicion something may be up. This snooping around may not even be warranted or legal, but it's highly unlikely anyone is being disciplined for that. This opens the gate for unrestricted access to people's private data.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-16-2017 03:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If it's the cia/nsa it must be illegal everything goes no discipline they're above law.
Don't tell them you found out about Tredstone or Black Briar they might have to send in the black helicopters or activate an agent.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-16-2017 09:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
While I mostly agree with what you and shaft are saying, one difference is that if you as an employee of a company look up people's personal details without reason for doing so, there's a good chance you're disciplined if people find out.

There's a good chance CIA/NSA are snooping into people's private affairs if they have a slight suspicion something may be up. This snooping around may not even be warranted or legal, but it's highly unlikely anyone is being disciplined for that. This opens the gate for unrestricted access to people's private data.

*if they find out, tis why I asked for a specific occasion where this has harmed an individual as this would have resulted in reprisal. There was certain things I could do without getting found out, I did stuff illegal by complete accident and even though there was things I couldn't do (like rob your ass) without getting found out there was plenty of other things I could have done without a paper trail, like sell your personal info due to having unrestricted access to peoples private data. This is industry wide too, hospitals, councils, welfare offices, cable companies, bailiffs, tax offices etc etc being maintained by average people.

Like Shaft said, your trust with this info needs to be placed in someone, it's not perfect but there are safeguards in place to ensure this information isn't used to harm someone - like the legality of using the obtained information. It is what it is and people seem quite happy to put their trust in me, my superiors and my companies but not in anyone who works for government security agencies :shrug:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.