Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Mass Effect: Androgyny

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Mass Effect: Androgyny

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-20-2017 05:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
I am disappoint

DX:HR was the game that finally taught me not to pre-order

For me it was Watch_Dogs. Fuck you, GKY, and your stupid underscore.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-20-2017 07:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, Watch Dogs did it for me too. Fatass.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-21-2017 12:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol preordering.
yknow, to ensure that digital copy before they run out :dork:

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 03-21-2017 05:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
lol preordering.
yknow, to ensure that digital copy before they run out :dork:

But you'll get that limited edition skin or useless weapon!

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-21-2017 07:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So I started over from the trial when the full game came out.

Made a woman since I didn't want to play Uncharted:Mass Effect with dude bro who sounded like North.
Seems they tweaked the initial missions as well as the range of the biotic abilities. It was super easy to pull people from cover halfway across the map in the trial. Couldn't do that anymore.
Some of the secondary conversations are pretty disjointed but the main cast seems good. Kumail Nanjiani voicing Jarun Tann is bad. The tone shift between different lines in the same conversation is really disjointed.

The ship and the galaxy are pretty fucking good though. Waaay better than the Normandy. No loading screens and what you see out the windows actually corresponds to where you are when you exit the map.
Traveling around the galaxy, while slow, is cool as shit and seems like it was made for VR. The planet scanning can seem slow until you learn to look with your own eyes instead of following a ping 100% of the time like the old games.

Check out the black hole in the background.
I just realized my femshep looks like the Radeon woman.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-22-2017 03:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-22-2017 04:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quality. :up:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-22-2017 05:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

idk i thought it was funny. maybe bugs can only funny if it's skyrim or witcher

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-22-2017 06:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He just looks inside as if saying, "this is normal"

I especially like that he jumps off, it adds an extra level of absurdity to it. :D

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-22-2017 10:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-23-2017 01:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No worries, that's just Mass Effect's superman

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-23-2017 01:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Who said the CC was lacking?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-23-2017 02:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I didn't know memph was a ginger :olo:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-23-2017 02:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Coming for your booty

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 03-24-2017 12:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, i need this game

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-25-2017 12:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

pull, throw, charge....dead.

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 03-25-2017 10:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ordering it right now. Already discounted to 50 euros.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-25-2017 01:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LOL does that ever get old, shaft?

I'm still torn on this one. I don't have the time to play an epic RPG unless the story is compelling enough and I don't have to fight against the game mechanics. I have not been hearing good things about the dialogue, and so far it looks like a prettier version of what I saw from ME1. Except there are no Elcor. :(

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-25-2017 02:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I didn't get on with with ME1 but liked ME2 and ME3 a lot. Mechanically the games have been improving especially in combat, was good fun. The only problem I had with ME3 was the story line and that's one of the main reasons behind my love for ME2, is also why I'm holding off on this. If they havn't fucked it up then it's going on my list.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-25-2017 07:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
LOL does that ever get old, shaft?

I'm still torn on this one. I don't have the time to play an epic RPG unless the story is compelling enough and I don't have to fight against the game mechanics. I have not been hearing good things about the dialogue, and so far it looks like a prettier version of what I saw from ME1. Except there are no Elcor. :(

No with the profile system you can change up the gameplay significantly as well as respec for a fee in the medbay just like the last games.
This video does a good job of showing the combat combo system.

I probably have 30hrs in? The story is passable so far. The game has a more of a lighthearted tone and some of the story points you can see coming from a mile away. Ryder seems young so the dialog fits that I guess. There are more sarcastic replies like dragon age 2. It might be some peoples thing but the the tone to me seems to cheapen the story. The other thing is that the open world is overwhelming sometimes with so many rabbit holes to go down. I have a habit of wanting to delay the main quest lines too much and then I run into things that I'm not sure if I should be doing them or not. I guess its not a problem specific to MEA just open world games in general. Its definitely cool settling a planet and then coming back and seeing it change. The game gets lot of free bonus points for just being Mass Effect, so if you're a fan of the others there isn't a really good reason not to play it other then waiting for it to be discounted.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-25-2017 10:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sounds like I'll be picking this up during the next Steam Season Sale. :up:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-26-2017 08:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aye, gameplay wasn't anywhere near as fun in ME3 but was still fun. Some of the battles were cool, they were bigger iirc but ME2 was a big yardstick.

If it wasn't for the last 3rd of the game then it would've been a worthy sequel imo. The final mission in ME2 was amaze and felt like that's the kind of thing they should've stuck with, just felt so much like they undone all their hardwork throughout the 3 games and it felt like a giant 'fuck you'. I still remember telling you that I wanna go back and get the perfect ending with you telling me that's as good as it gets. Never picked it up again after that.

I think my issue with ME1 was playing ME2 1st, the improvement between those 2 games was too apparent.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-26-2017 10:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

>good luck beating it on MEA insanity without X feature from previous games
>literally has played 0 hours :|

good luck beating ME2 insanity without jump packs, profiles, and augment crafting! :dork:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-26-2017 10:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
clocked all 3 on Insanity

omg do me

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-26-2017 11:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Might aswell go back to shitposting you get the same reaction either way

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-26-2017 11:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

good luck beating it on insanity without any fire flowers or hammer suits!

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-26-2017 12:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seriously though, the soundtrack is missing the sci-fi synth from the past games it's pretty weak.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-26-2017 03:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They do a pretty good job detonating if you prime an enemy also if you listen closely they will call out when they use their skills. It's kinda nice not having to micro manage them anyway that shit was tedious in the other games.

Picking your skills, profile and augments wisely will give you a far bigger advantage. I'm playing on hardcore and it fairly easy once I did that. I'm running energy drain, throw and incinerate and speced them so all 3 could either prime/detonate. combo apocalypse.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-26-2017 03:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:

When did he stop? :shrug:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-26-2017 06:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow, that is rough. :(

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-26-2017 07:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

they tweaked baby face from the trailer...just got to that part..

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-26-2017 07:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:

losCHUNK wrote:

When did he stop? :shrug:

yeah I stopped because of spoilers, but at 2:40 not sure where they got all this footage or what type of system this is on, but that is definitely not what my conversation looked like when I talked to that woman on the planet. I would've remembered something that jarring. Same with the asari on the ground. cant speak for the rest.

edit: Judging from the description it looks like he pieced together other peoples glitch videos. Much like that duck walk video that went viral, doesn't happen to most people.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-26-2017 07:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I cant get over that default female character though, they fucked that up bigtime.

The expressions on her face look overdone, maybe because her mouth is so big.
That wincing when you sit up from stasis looked completely normal on my custom character.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-27-2017 03:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

She explains when you meet her that her name is Pelessaria B’Sayle but Pee Bee for short.

found this woman melded with a couch..lol?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-28-2017 10:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Actually I've played all 10hrs of the trial and thought it was great. The combat was excellent.

This is about the most honest review I've seen

The problem is Memphis types. Its not good enough for someone to not just buy a game if they don't like it. They have to start Gamergate 2.0 smear campaign and personally hunt down everyone involved to try and get them fired. The liberal fake news sjw cucks are ruining my games!
The animations aren't great but its blown way out of proportion and the story is fine.

gamergate 1.0 wasnt a smear campaign, it was a grassroots consumer movement that began when the regressive alt-left attacked games and gamer culture and identity in an attempt to hijack them for their own political bullcrap purposes, thru a coordinated attack of lying misleading yt videos from their sock puppet internet radfrms and a series of articles from the corrupt media claiming that "gamers are dead". they already had hijacked movies, comics, scifi books previously. Those who forget history will repeat it. Also, it really didnt die down, the msm journo cucks got so burned by it three years ago that nowadays they still like to throw jabs at teh goobergoobers every chance they get , with an article or two. on topic, i really hope this crap effect game fails as hard as their previous crap game dragon age:diversity, and ea shuts down bioware.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.