Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Playdeads Inside

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Playdeads Inside

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-21-2017 01:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So I posted in the What games are you currently playing thread about this game the other dead...well I am a little further through now after a save game corruption.

From the wiki;

Quote:
Inside (stylized as INSIDE) is a puzzle-platformer adventure video game developed and published by Playdead and first released in June 2016. In the game, the player controls a young boy in a dystopic world, solving environmental puzzles while avoiding death in a 2.5D sidescrolling fashion, thematically and visually following up on the 2010 monochromatic video game Limbo.

Playdead started working on Inside shortly after the release of Limbo. Initially, the company started with the same custom game engine they used for Limbo, but later switched to Unity to simplify development. They developed rendering routines to give the game a signature look and which they later released as open source. The game was partially funded by a grant from the Danish Film Institute.

Inside premiered at Microsoft's E3 2014 conference, with a planned release in 2015. The game was released for Xbox One on 29 June 2016, Microsoft Windows on 7 July, and for the PlayStation 4 on 23 August. The game received critical acclaim upon release, with some critics and reviewers calling it a worthy successor to Limbo.

My review so far is thus; holy shit - what a game. If you have the ability to buy this and play it today, do so. Such a strangely brilliant experience so far. It's incredibly beautiful, eerie and unsettling all at once at all times. Some of the set pieces are utterly fantastic, in fact some of the best I have ever experienced. And it's brutal at the same time. I think I am probably about half way through it now and I am very much looking forward to the next half, once I have rested up.

Go play, then come talk about it in hushed voices :D

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 03-21-2017 02:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The graphics style does look rather nice. Definitely nicer to me than the creepy looking Limbo one they made.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.