Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Game of Thrones Season 7

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Game of Thrones Season 7

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-07-2017 12:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The only thing about creating theories based on Martin's track record and preferences is that the story may or may not be following his vision. The producers of the show are writing things now. And although Martin is consulting, it still could differ from his eventual continuation...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-07-2017 12:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, they really lingered on the scene where the dagger was handed off. It really felt like they were beating the viewer over the head with how important it is for us to follow the dagger.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 08-07-2017 01:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GOOD episode

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 08-07-2017 01:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Loved the stuff with the dragon in the end. Have been waiting 7 seasons for something at this scale.

Flawless execution too, stunning set of sequences.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-07-2017 02:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the usual total disregard for realism though (dragons aside, obviously)

* swords slice through chain mail (steel can't slice through steel, fuck knuckles)
* horses running full pelt at infantry with spears (no, they'll pull up short and throw you over their heads into the kill zone. this is why infantry form squares/circles when the cavalry's about)
* infantry commanders not ordering their men to form squares when they see cavalry charging them (obviously Tywin Lannister didn't train them that well)
* men in chain mail plus plate armour falling into deep water but somehow swimming to the surface like it's no biggie

all the Hollywood medieval warfare cliches :|

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 08-07-2017 03:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah. And the shitty swordfighting by Brienne.

Here's something that's closer to what swordfighting actually was like.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-07-2017 05:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

* swords slice through chain mail (steel can't slice through steel, fuck knuckles)
* horses running full pelt at infantry with spears (no, they'll pull up short and throw you over their heads into the kill zone. this is why infantry form squares/circles when the cavalry's about)
* infantry commanders not ordering their men to form squares when they see cavalry charging them (obviously Tywin Lannister didn't train them that well)
* men in chain mail plus plate armour falling into deep water but somehow swimming to the surface like it's no biggie

I bet you're a hoot at social gatherings!

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-07-2017 08:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can u imagine a q3w party? Bunch of autistic dipshits arguing over whatever as me and my wife are fucking all their girlfriends/wives... DOMINATED!...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-07-2017 08:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just want the dragon to be ok :(

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-07-2017 10:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, animals are innocent. :up:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-07-2017 10:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Can u imagine a q3w party? Bunch of autistic dipshits arguing over whatever as me and my wife are fucking all their girlfriends/wives... DOMINATED!...

I'd totally add you to a D&D party :up:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-08-2017 12:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Holy shit

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-08-2017 01:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
seremtan wrote:

I bet you're a hoot at social gatherings!

it was a great sequence. i'm just saying it's disappointing that they resorted to LotR/Braveheart-style Hollywood cliches of medieval warfare

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-08-2017 02:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've finally caught up on GOT

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-08-2017 02:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That dragon has a joystick on its back, amirite?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-08-2017 06:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pext wrote:
Yeah. And the shitty swordfighting by Brienne.

Here's something that's closer to what swordfighting actually was like.

:up: :up: :up: This reminds me of comments I've read about martial arts scenes in movies that had to be simplified/slowed down so the audience could see what happened. I would've missed most of the strikes without the slo-mo replay... in a movie scene though, there could be blood spray to clue you in.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-13-2017 01:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Littlefinger's voice in S1 compared to S7... lol.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-13-2017 06:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Holy fuck, another great episode.

That is one badass group heading north from the wall...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-13-2017 07:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If any characters are asking for a spinoff show, it's them. :up:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-14-2017 05:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, the plan does seem a bit out there. It doesn't feel very GoTish. But fuck it, the Westeros magnificent seven is too cool.

I'm wondering if when Jorah volunteered to to go capture the wight, he was really volunteering to die and be risen as a wight and brought back.

Or maybe the hound will die, rise as a wight, and be brought back to King's landing where we'll see the zombie Clegane Bowl?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-14-2017 09:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

>need to capture a zombie
>heavy snowstorm.jpg
>go anyway

ffs :|

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-14-2017 09:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The white walkers are officially the slowest zombies ever, the whole threat of them coming to Westeros feels like a running ( :| ) gag at this point.

Daenerys has moved her troops across the continent several times and the icicle dicks are still shuffling somewhere in bumfuckcoldsville.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-14-2017 09:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They sure as hell didn't look slow when they attacked Bran in the cave :|

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-14-2017 09:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Only thing slow here is Memphis...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-14-2017 01:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
but wtf convoluted X-Comish bollocks is a suicidal mission to capture a live wight all about? all to prove something to someone who doesn't even give a shit anyway, no less already having their own pet zombie. eh?

and lol at Dickon (lol) and Dickon (lol)'s dad. guess Sam is now Lord of Tarlydale

They do it to convince Daenerys as well, no? Atleast, Jon said "both" when Tormund asked if he wanted to convince the one with the dragons or the one that fucked her brother.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-14-2017 01:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
The white walkers are officially the slowest zombies ever, the whole threat of them coming to Westeros feels like a running ( :| ) gag at this point.

Daenerys has moved her troops across the continent several times and the icicle dicks are still shuffling somewhere in bumfuckcoldsville.

lol, your comment made me laugh and you're kinda right too but it doesn't bother me that much. The high speed with which Westerosi armies are moved across the continent, and their warp drive enabled ravens bother me more.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-14-2017 03:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The thing that bothered me the most about last night's episode was Jamie and Bronn miraculously swimming half a mile away from the battle. Jamie was wearing full armor. He'd sink like a fucking rock. Did Bronn drag his ass off the bottom of the lake and pull him clear across? Didn't like the way that played out...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-14-2017 10:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Only thing slow here is Memphis...

How's the testicle numb nut ?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-14-2017 11:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
The thing that bothered me the most about last night's episode was Jamie and Bronn miraculously swimming half a mile away from the battle. Jamie was wearing full armor. He'd sink like a fucking rock. Did Bronn drag his ass off the bottom of the lake and pull him clear across? Didn't like the way that played out...

Yeah, what's even worse is that this allowed Jaime to get back to King's Landing, which in turn required Tyrion to go to King's Landing to get in touch with Jaime (where "smuggling" apparently means rowing a boat to the shorem, bribing two guards with 30 gold and just walking in and out like nothing's amiss) while they also could've written the plot that Jaime was plucked out of the water by a bunch of Dothraki and having him captured. Dany and Tyrion could tell him that he should inform Cersei with their message and let them go. Tadaa, two irking problems solved at once in a much more elegant way.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-15-2017 04:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, but then Gendry isn't thrown back in the mix. I guess they have their reasons...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-15-2017 10:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-15-2017 10:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No time to forge, only 7 eps >: /

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-15-2017 11:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I mean screentime, I had assumed Gendry was going to be the forger, but he only turned up in this ep due to a plot device and there's only 2 more eps to conclude everything. Iirc he's one of the only dudes who can forge Valyrian steel so I figured something was going to link up there :shrug:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-15-2017 11:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's still time for all that. Next season...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-15-2017 11:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yah, but in this ep or so far this season I ain't seen anyone black smithing shit. Only reason I can think why they didn't go North with shiney new swords.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.