Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Game of Thrones Season 7

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Game of Thrones Season 7

The World is Yours...
The World is Yours...
PostPosted: 08-22-2017 11:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-22-2017 12:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so killing the white walker that made them kills the wights. right. following on that logic, killing the night king would kill all the white walkers (since he created them as babies with his magic fingernail). brann could mention that the children of the forest created the night king by shoving a piece of magic blade-shaped rock into his chest, and suggest that the way to kill the night king would be for jon snow to reach in and pull out that piece of rock before dany blasts it with dragon fire to finish the job off. ideally they should do this just as they're about to lose the war, for maximum drama

season 8 finale confirmed! :)

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-22-2017 12:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
so killing the white walker that made them kills the wights. right. following on that logic, killing the night king would kill all the white walkers (since he created them as babies with his magic fingernail). brann could mention that the children of the forest created the night king by shoving a piece of magic blade-shaped rock into his chest, and suggest that the way to kill the night king would be for jon snow to reach in and pull out that piece of rock before dany blasts it with dragon fire to finish the job off. ideally they should do this just as they're about to lose the war, for maximum drama

season 8 finale confirmed! :)

That was the biggest eye roller for me, when it was pretty much explained to the camera.

Anyone see the eyes open on Jons sword as he jumped out the water ?, I wouldn't pay much attention but the camera work does make it seem a little intentional.

https://www.joe.co.uk/entertainment/gam ... ord-139084

Coincidence ??

Some are saying its Branovision and why Benjen turned up

^ fan theory, but I put it in spoilers just incase its close to the mark and explained at another time, probaly bollocks though.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-22-2017 12:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-22-2017 10:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:

Anyone see the eyes open on Jons sword as he jumped out the water ?, I wouldn't pay much attention but the camera work does make it seem a little intentional.

https://www.joe.co.uk/entertainment/gam ... ord-139084

Coincidence ??

Some are saying its Branovision and why Benjen turned up

^ fan theory, but I put it in spoilers just incase its close to the mark and explained at another time, probaly bollocks though.

This was mentioned on Reddit but was quickly dismissed by people on account of the eyes being some kind of diamond or something so it being nothing more than a refraction of the light as jon snow emerges from the water

Edit: just saw this where the director of the episode says it wasn't intentional:

Quote:
Renfro: Another thing people are obsessing over is this weird moment with Jon Snow's sword, Longclaw, where people thought the eyes of the wolf "opened" right before Jon came out of the water.

Taylor: That is so funny, somebody else mentioned that to me and I haven't got a clue what they're talking about. So either this sword is magic and it's doing stuff on its own or something happened. I'm going to have to go back and watch that moment close up and in slow motion to see what's going on there. I can say that there was no intention for that to be the case.

http://www.businessinsider.com/game-of- ... &r=US&IR=T

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-22-2017 11:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-23-2017 03:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

Edit: just saw this where the director of the episode says it wasn't intentional:

Quote:
Renfro: Another thing people are obsessing over is this weird moment with Jon Snow's sword, Longclaw, where people thought the eyes of the wolf "opened" right before Jon came out of the water.

Taylor: That is so funny, somebody else mentioned that to me and I haven't got a clue what they're talking about. So either this sword is magic and it's doing stuff on its own or something happened. I'm going to have to go back and watch that moment close up and in slow motion to see what's going on there. I can say that there was no intention for that to be the case.

http://www.businessinsider.com/game-of- ... &r=US&IR=T

Thanks my man, figured maybe it's too obscure to mean anything but there was a lot of focus on the sword which made me think otherwise :up:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-23-2017 04:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

some people just have too much time (and jizz) on their hands

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 08-23-2017 05:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Listen up nerds, they ran out of books and have to tie all this shit up in a few episodes on bullet points. Obviously is not going to be as thought out or have the juicy dialogue written for them in the books. Time to stop nitpicking and enjoy the fan service.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-23-2017 06:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Agreed! This ^^^

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-23-2017 09:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

More like SS wrapped up plotlines. These are all wrapped up or ongoing.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-23-2017 09:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah that image makes really no sense...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-23-2017 10:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:

:|

That's ridiculous :dork:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-23-2017 11:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Joke's not funny and actually seems rather salty towards GoT's lack of plausibility (story writing)

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-23-2017 12:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What Jerry said; not funny

You'll be complaining they didn't show Sansa getting fucked by Ramseys dogs next

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-23-2017 12:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i can't believe they cut out the bit where Arya sits on the Hound's face and lights one of her queefs which is why he's disfigured :dts:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-23-2017 01:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Get a life

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-23-2017 01:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm 11.6 stone. Get a life.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-23-2017 01:35 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

K, lets leave it there. I'll lose my chin and you stop shit posting. Deal.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-23-2017 04:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What's happened to you, Memph?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-23-2017 09:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He's got his thumb stuck in his ass.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-24-2017 04:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think that maybe we grew up and you're still a 4chan teenie bopper...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-24-2017 04:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How much can you grow up since Trump started running for prezzo ?

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-24-2017 10:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-24-2017 10:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah that's bad...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 08-24-2017 11:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
what did I even do? some mooks got fishy at folk critiquing and speculating so I posted a stupid pic instead.

what happened to you miserable lot more like :|

Nothing wrong with making a few critiques. :up:
Nothing wrong with pointing out people can go to the extreme needing an explanation for everything.

It's all good.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-24-2017 11:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's a fair point, I don't mind it so much it's just a bit to get used to when based on previous seasons as they've now turned the pace up to 11.

I mean I seem to remember Theon teleporting from the Iron Islands to Westeros before losing his cock and prior to this the biggest eye roller for plot purposes was Robb going back to the Twins.

Oh and time travelling Brano, but that was beyond the book storylines.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 08-24-2017 11:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm sure 90% of the people who watch this show don't even know or care about the distance between said places.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-24-2017 01:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The time travelling isn't what bothered me much. it's mostly the just-in-the-nick-of-time appearance of both Daenerys and Benjen, the redshirting, the omg-I-drowned-lol-no-not-really of both Jaime and Jon and Jon's reluctance to get on the dragon. These are all the worst kind of Hollywood cliches which simply felt cheap.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-24-2017 04:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have a feeling Benjen might still be alive, seems weird to kill him off without knowing how he became a "friendly wight" and survived all this time.

shaft wrote:
I'm sure 90% of the people who watch this show don't even know or care about the distance between said places.

I rewatched the last bit of episode 6 and it didn't seem so bad. Gendry was fit as a bull and could obviously run faster than a group of 10 big men with weapons, equipment, and an injured Thoros. He made it back to the wall just before nightfall and the battle at the lake began with full daylight. 12 hours was probably enough time to get a message to Daenerys and have her fly directly to Eastwatch-by-the-Sea.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 08-24-2017 07:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
The time travelling isn't what bothered me much. it's mostly the just-in-the-nick-of-time appearance of both Daenerys and Benjen, the redshirting, the omg-I-drowned-lol-no-not-really of both Jaime and Jon and Jon's reluctance to get on the dragon. These are all the worst kind of Hollywood cliches which simply felt cheap.

How would you have written it? We all knew the rescue was coming the way it was set up. That said, it still gave me chills when the dragons arrived and started kicking ass and I definitely wasn't expecting a dragon to go down. Red shirts are needed in every show as it would've been implausible and boring for everyone to survive the trip. Also, knowing this show I was on the edge of my seat because with it being so close to the season finale no one is safe. I thought it was some great fan service to finally see some zombos getting lit up with dragon fire.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 08-24-2017 08:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This was fun to watch.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-24-2017 11:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck me, that must have cost a fortune...!!!

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-25-2017 12:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Eraser wrote:

How would you have written it? We all knew the rescue was coming the way it was set up. That said, it still gave me chills when the dragons arrived and started kicking ass and I definitely wasn't expecting a dragon to go down. Red shirts are needed in every show as it would've been implausible and boring for everyone to survive the trip. Also, knowing this show I was on the edge of my seat because with it being so close to the season finale no one is safe. I thought it was some great fan service to finally see some zombos getting lit up with dragon fire.

I'm not a script writer so I don't have any brilliant ideas there, but I like the folllowing version better:

In ep5, Jaime didn't escape with Bronn back to King's Landing. Instead, he got plucked out of the water either by Daenerys' forces under the initiative of Tyrion who still feels a lot of brotherly love. That would immediately solve the whole convoluted "smuggle Tyrion into King's Landing" thing because Tyrion, Daenerys and Jon could talk to Jaime while having him in a holding cell and then letting him go to deliver the message to Cersei. I'm not a big fan of the whole "steal-a-wight-to-convince-Cersei" plan on the whole, but ok, I'll roll with that.

So in ep6 I think what threw most people off with regards to timing is that we saw it get dark and saw it get light again. That was clear indication of the passing of a single day. Other than that, there were no other indicators of the passing of time, so it looked like everything happened in a two days. But ok, I can get over that, although I think a few more clues about how much time was spent on that rock would've done the episode a favor. They could've shown them struggling with a dwindling food supply, or show more night sections or a progressively hard battle against the cold. I don't think having a bit less walking and talking at the beginning of the episode to make room for this would've hurt a lot.

As for the redshirting, I would've made it more clear that those redshirts were actually there. Maybe even give them a conversational line or two, just to establish that it wasn't just the magnificent seven out there. As it was, with every redshirt death I was struggling to figure out who actually had died. It almost felt like a redshirt just conveniently spawned into existence just so he could die.

I disliked Daenery's arrival right at the moment The Hound taunted the wights into attacking. Maybe it would've worked better if they were just sitting there, bored on a rock and you'd hear the flapping of dragon wings in the background. The team of heroes would hear the sound, sit up and be alerted about her arrival. Dany's dragons would burn a bunch of wights which would trigger them into this frenzied attack on the group. It would feel less like the savior-of-the-day-in-the-nick-of-time type of thing.

Benjen's arrival felt kind of forced as well. I think that could've been prevented by just letting Jon Snow step onto the dragon. That solves the previously mentioned not-quite-drowning thing as well. Jon not stepping on the dragon wasn't needed to allow the Night King to hurl his spear at the dragon. In fact, now it feels like Jon not getting on the dragon is what gave the Night King the opportunity to kill the dragon, which feels cheap and forced. The night king could've just killed the dragon in the heat of battle, shocking the entire team and kicking of their retreat, including Jon Snow.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-25-2017 12:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
In ep5, Jaime didn't escape with Bronn back to King's Landing. Instead, he got plucked out of the water either by Daenerys' forces under the initiative of Tyrion who still feels a lot of brotherly love. That would immediately solve the whole convoluted "smuggle Tyrion into King's Landing" thing because Tyrion, Daenerys and Jon could talk to Jaime while having him in a holding cell and then letting him go to deliver the message to Cersei. I'm not a big fan of the whole "steal-a-wight-to-convince-Cersei" plan on the whole, but ok, I'll roll with that.

That would seem like a repeat of season 2 when Cat let Jaime go as a sign of goodwill to get her daughters back.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.