Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        General Discussion

Post new topicThis topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 

Let plained back into General Discussion?
Poll ended at 09-03-2017 10:17 PM
Yes  56%  [ 13 ]
No  30%  [ 7 ]
I don't care  13%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 23
Topic Starter Topic: Re: General Discussion

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-30-2017 04:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Serious question.

People who have him on ignore but still voted yes instead of "I don't care". Do you think its fair to the other 7 so far who either cant block him or feel like they shouldn't have to be bothered since its General Discussion?

19 votes so far...so many users!

I went over a decade and a half without the ignore feature and I managed just fine. I voted yes because I figure there are at least a few people who enjoy reading his posts. But I secretly hope he stays banned.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-30-2017 04:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
it's a (half-dead) forum of little but jovial infighting. calm down Stalin :|

Says the guy talking about rights on a (half-dead) forum. :|

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-30-2017 04:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I propose this is Trumps fault, this place got by fine until that election took place now we have 3 long term posters (Ax, Memph + Plained) in the doghouses cos of it. There's prolly more too.

Not assigning blame here, jus saying...

In all honesty from my view I don't see much wrong with what Plained has done. I might've missed or skipped a lot of his posts but the spamming is mostly back n fore ?, nor is it any worse than shit that has taken place on here before. We've all been here for a long time now, don't see much point in kicking one of us out the club especially over some spikaty spack comments.

To me he is acting a knob, but banning him is also knobbish. If I missed a lot of his stuff then sorry guys, I just don't see the fuss.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-30-2017 08:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I need to change my vote :question:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-30-2017 09:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Transient wrote:
His right? This isn't a democracy. He had the privilege of posting until he lost it for spamming.

It's funny how people like you, plained, YGP and Geoff keep saying it's "just an internet forum, why so serious" but then get super upset and fight tooth and nail to defend this imaginary right to post here.

Having said that, I do value the experience Q3W still offers and would like that experience to last. People like plaimed don't add anything to that experience bit rather detract from it by being nothing but a complete nuisance. Am I taking Q3W seriously? Hell yes, in some way I am. Despite it only being a bunch of bitter idiots, this site has been a daily thing for nearly 17 years now. Some effort of quality control is therefore greatly appreciated.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-30-2017 10:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Memphis wrote:

It's funny how people like you, plained, YGP and Geoff keep saying it's "just an internet forum, why so serious" but then get super upset and fight tooth and nail to defend this imaginary right to post here.

Having said that, I do value the experience Q3W still offers and would like that experience to last. People like plaimed don't add anything to that experience bit rather detract from it by being nothing but a complete nuisance. Am I taking Q3W seriously? Hell yes, in some way I am. Despite it only being a bunch of bitter idiots, this site has been a daily thing for nearly 17 years now. Some effort of quality control is therefore greatly appreciated.

:up: :up: Me too. I do value the experience Q3W still offers and would like that experience to last and for years to come so cheers to the Mods :D

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-30-2017 10:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
I need to change my vote :question:

Err, no I don't..

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 12:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
I propose this is Trumps fault, this place got by fine until that election took place now we have 3 long term posters (Ax, Memph + Plained) in the doghouses cos of it. There's prolly more too.

iirc Ax was the only one to come right out and declare his support for Trump, and i respect his honesty even if i think he's being a daft cunt (and it's a shame he fucked off because of it all). the others you mention were clearly orange-o-philes but wouldn't own up to it, instead dodging the issue with whataboutery and shitposting. Memph i actually find amusing even when he shitposts, and i have never felt tempted to put him on ignore. plank on the other hand made it all personal and spakked the place up tearfully until he was sent to the special table, since when he has been providing considerable entertainment value without dribbling all over threads made of something approaching actual content

but yeah, i take your point: the arrival of POTATUS really was a watershed moment around here :|

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 01:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

"Bitter idiots" :olo:

I've never taken any offence or have been irritated by Plained nor anyone else actually. Just put him on a mental ignore (like you do with your wife :p )

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 04:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

But in all seriousness, why can't we just let him back in under the condition that he's not allowed to do his usual schtick?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 07:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Grow up xer0s...u serial liar and duck killer...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 07:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whoa whoa whoa, serial liar?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 07:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also, I've never been duck hunting. Never had the taste for it...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 11:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Whoa whoa whoa, serial liar?

Trust me, it's the best kind of lying. I mean, with parallel lying it gets progressively hard to keep track of them.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 11:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:

How'd they get there? Ax quit like a little bitch because he couldn't handle a difference of opinion, same as NS and GFY before him. Memph went on a shitposting tirade until every thread was filled with his alt-right cuckcuck sjw meme fag reddit cuck cuck mah reeee bullshit. Every user here has had posts and/or threads moved from GD to the Void. Some were able to move on with their lives, others kicked up a fuss and thought a shitpost crusade would help their case :|

At least Ax was smart enough to know he didn't have the intellect to hold a discussion and god forbid explain his views so he left instead of posting shit memes that only 12-yr old alpha cucks find funny :|

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 11:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

made it to the top 10 :| :dts: :dork:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 12:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
made it to the top 10 :| :dts: :dork:

Congrats :)

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 01:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

none required

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 01:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pretty sure some of those posters have inflated postcounts from betting on a sports game a decade ago, so you're probably higher than #10. FWIW.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 02:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not me, I lost 20k when the board died.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 02:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:

How'd they get there? Ax quit like a little bitch because he couldn't handle a difference of opinion, same as NS and GFY before him. Memph went on a shitposting tirade until every thread was filled with his alt-right cuckcuck sjw meme fag reddit cuck cuck mah reeee bullshit. Every user here has had posts and/or threads moved from GD to the Void. Some were able to move on with their lives, others kicked up a fuss and thought a shitpost crusade would help their case :|

At least Ax was smart enough to know he didn't have the intellect to hold a discussion and god forbid explain his views so he left instead of posting shit memes that only 12-yr old alpha cucks find funny :|

Calm down precious, I didn't post that to point out blame and let shit slinging commence. Trump put a line down this forum wether you see it or not, in reality no one should really give a shit about what someone else thinks cos one opinion doesn;t define an entire person.

IMO blame can be shared by both sides but I'll leave it at that, cos It'll be pointing fingers which isn't my intention.

It's why you don't talk about politics with family or friends.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 03:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

so you're actually on 67k?

fucking lel

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 03:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

Lol poor ppl...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 07:35 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Calling the poll early. Thanks for participating.

Discussion closed.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 09:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

Same, never did any of those bets.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.