Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        But everyone tells me cops are the good guys!

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: But everyone tells me cops are the good guys!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 03:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

These guys are so smaht. No wonder they're armed government agents.

Do most Americans realize that groups of cops do this all the fucking time in poor areas, especially to teenagers? These idiots try to pull up on strangers in plain clothes and jump out of an unmarked car with guns drawn then act shocked and chagrined that their heads get blown off.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 04:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Incredible. One wrong move and the cop would have said I thought he was going for his gun.. Sorry.

Extreme evil
Extreme evil
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 04:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

holy shit

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 06:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 06:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It was a joke dipshit...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 11:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How does this work in the US? I mean, here in the Netherlands, as soon as a cop even thinks of drawing his weapon, he'll end up being the subject of a 6 month investigation to figure out what exactly happened. If this had happened over his, the cop would instantly be banned from copping for the rest of his life.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 11:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Meh, standard us innit? Videos of people guarding their own homes with assault weapons on tv last night. What a place.

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 09-01-2017 06:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fucking hell... US cops.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 09-01-2017 08:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

jesus what a horrendous place.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-01-2017 08:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:rolleyes:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-01-2017 02:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:

A shorter version of this video was on our evening news last night.

EDIT: In the newspaper here this morning news that the cop in question has decided to retire :smirk:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-05-2017 03:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah the guy pulling over the motorcyclist got suspended and is currently being investigated.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 09-05-2017 02:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-05-2017 09:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wtf?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-10-2017 07:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HAHA. COOL. WHY DON'T PEOPLE TRUST POLICE I CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-10-2017 09:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Black dude gets gun pulled on him for missing a turn signal. Gives the cops in question a full on rant:
https://streamable.com/llfp5

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-17-2017 04:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Heroes keeping us safe from state attorneys!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-19-2017 07:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but from what I can tell, the majority of the people police kill/murder are people that simply can't understand their retarded commands, are inebriated, incapacitated, or fleeing from the cops.

I mean, think of this cop detaining an autistic kid. Imagine if the kid ran away, or the caretaker wasn't there? The kid'd be dead:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/parents-demand-answers-after-autistic-boy-held-on-ground-by-officer/ar-AAsewtH?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=wispr

His response for being an idiot? "I don't know what that means" which is code word for, 'I'm retarded and shouldn't be dealing with the public."

How is it that your response to not knowing something and someone walking away from them, to assault them? How are people this stupid given any fucking authority over anything?

It's weird that people don't like so many of them.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-19-2017 11:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You've seen a few videos. There's millions of cops. Grow up.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 09-20-2017 05:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think the question is more about the system breeding this sort of behaviour by encouraging / turning a blind eye to it. No surprise that cops are people too that are prone to the same mistakes, but are the supervisors and current procedures adequate enough to minimise and stamp out this behaviour ?.

As an example racial profiling, which isn't officially supported but if your ethnicity is anything other than white then you are 5x + more likely to be under suspicion, which seems to point a problem to the system.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-20-2017 09:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

But 5x more lightly to commit crime?
Just saying, I mean look at the tower in London and the people under investigation for fraud.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 09-20-2017 12:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's no accountability and some people in power don't feel the need to enforce accountability unless there's a viral video about it.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-20-2017 01:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

this is why i'm glad british police (mostly) don't carry guns

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 09-20-2017 03:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

That's actually an arguement I use lol, mostly with the proportion of minorites serving sentences. We all know it goes deeper than that though, like the majority of crime is committed in areas that have low income that also house a high proportion of minorities. That statement is true but the figures I'm using are from stop and searches and it ranges from 5x to 60x and doesn't result in arrests, which indicates a system that uses racial profiling as an unofficial technique. If you support racial profiling then that's another convo.

DooMer wrote:
There's no accountability and some people in power don't feel the need to enforce accountability unless there's a viral video about it.

Yarp ^, it's kinda like how the BBC and Catholic church covered up the paedos. Police forces have come under similiar scrutiny in both our countries for having a culture thats allows questionable behaviour and actions to be tolerated -things like racial profiling, being trigger happy, cover ups.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-21-2017 03:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DooMer wrote:

Anyone looking for an example of this should just turn on any consumer television program where they discuss an individual's problems with a company and suddenly said company fully compensates that one person.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-25-2017 04:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Just saying, I mean look at the tower in London and the people under investigation for fraud.

The majority of the problem is the absolute, undeniable reality that for 50 years police officers have been putting millions of minorities in prison for cannabis ALONE. Police have put 15 million blacks in prison since the early 70's, on the pretense that cannabis usage was causing crime rates to rise. It's weird, isn't it? Crime rates plummeted in 1990, and even though half of California is baked out of it's mind, crime hasn't skyrocketed. Isn't it weird that the Nixon Administration appears to have lied to everyone about drugs?

How many thousands of times have you heard on the news that the cops shot some teenager, 'but it's okay because they found cannabis in his system?'

Doombrain wrote:
You've seen a few videos. There's millions of cops. Grow up.

Wow, JUST like I said. Police assassinating Americans has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not they are committing crimes, and much more to do with whether or not they're politely and passively responding to armed government agents waving guns at them.

That means you're far more likely to be shot if you're deaf, unconscious, drunk, wearing headphones, sleeping, on drugs, or having any kind of medical emergency, if you flee from cops for the absolute MOST BANAL reason and if you're a minority. And I can link you to a video of every single one of those fucking things happening, except someone unconscious, and in every instance, the cops lie about what happened, or use language that completely absolves them of any actual connection to what had happened.

Isn't it weird that most police shootings look like robberies gone wrong? I am not, by far, one of the people that says that ACAB, but these mildew-minded folks that think that cops are ALWAYS right are part of what's going to screw everyone.

Americans don't understand that the entire concept of police is that they can normally perform what's consider a serious crime, and they need proof that they performed those actions because the person they were performing them against was committing a crime, otherwise, cops are just criminals. But if they no longer need to provide proof because people think there's way more crime than there really is, that just means there's about 1,000,000 government funded potential: kidnappers, extortionists, ransom artists, thieves, larsonists, rapists, and murderers running around, and if you resist anything short of murder because you are 100% aware you haven't committed a crime, you will be murdered.

That concept is completely lost to the delusional fucks that parrot bullshit crime stats, because most cops aren't minorities, meaning most crimes committed by non-minorities in uniform actually never get reported. For decades Americans have allowed cops to commit crime against poor people on the pretense they were keeping Americans safe from a crime epidemic that was actually never taking place. These people totally fucked America, even making these Nazi retards running around with Hitler Youth haircuts look like they halfway know what the fuck they're talking about.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-01-2017 01:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:

She got $500,000 out of it:
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... settlement

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-01-2017 03:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It would be great if the government spent that money training their cops not to pull shit like this. I'd rather my taxes went toward that than the countless settlements for police abuse and whatnot.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-01-2017 10:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

True. She's putting the money to a good cause though.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-01-2017 11:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How about those cops physically abusing the Puerto Rican kid with Down's, whilst taunting the family calling them wetbacks and such.

Family got paid off, formal apology by the precinct. No cops were suspended.

Moral of the story: nothing will change.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.