Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Vegas...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Vegas...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-03-2017 07:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Only ppl who hate Vegas are religious fundies and pathetic borons...

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-03-2017 08:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
Ganemi wrote:
We really need to be careful what we call terrorism.

yes we do, which is why i provided the standard definition of terrorism so as to avoid the predictable "it's only terrorism when brown people do it" or "it's terrorism if lots of people die" or "it's terrorism because i say so and fuck you" type response

we can call it the 'bullet drizzle sad time' if you prefer

Yeah, I think we agree. It can't be terrorism if someone just goes somewhere and generally shoots at everyone. That's not terrorism. That time a white nationalist shot up a BLM protest, and again, was treated like the victim, that was definitely terrorism.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-04-2017 01:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 10-04-2017 02:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Article says

Quote:
“any act that involves the use or attempted use of sabotage, coercion or violence which is intended to cause great bodily harm or death to the general population.”

Google says

Quote:
The U.S. Code of Federal Regulations defines terrorism as "the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives"

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 10-04-2017 03:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i heard they were charging $20 fucking bucks for a single beer at that concert...at least shots were free...

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-04-2017 05:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

To clarify, in Vegas a mass shooting constitutes terrorism. I don't agree with that, but I didn't make Vegas' laws.

On a side note, I'm starting to feel queasy about doing anything related to shooters. Are there really this many crazy fucks going around that can't separate fantasy from reality?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-04-2017 10:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-05-2017 08:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ganemi wrote:

were you? this reads like the expression of a *need* for this to be true - a need arising from a desire to distract from all the twats driving trucks into people in the name of allah

is 'mass murderer' not strong enough for this guy?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-05-2017 02:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

_

Last edited by Ganemi on 04-09-2023 04:04 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 10-05-2017 06:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Alrighty

The full quote for Lombardo according to the transcript found in your link is as follows -

Quote:
We believe it's a local individual. He resides here locally, I'm not at liberty to give you his place of residence yet because it's an ongoing investigation. We don't know what his belief system was at this time.

With reguard in NV law defining it as a terorist attack, well, i'd imagine it is because federal law will preside over it, as if the attacker were caught he would be tried in a federal court, which he wouldn't cos he doesn't meet the criteria to be a terrorist.

It's not really black and white (hohoho)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.