Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Discord

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Discord

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-15-2017 02:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Add me plez Doombrain 4953

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 10-15-2017 03:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is there a Q3W group on there? I installed it the other day because a friend didn't want to use Skype for some reason >:(

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-15-2017 03:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There should be, will be.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-15-2017 03:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

made one, it's WE server so not sure if that impacts yanks etc from joining?

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 10-15-2017 09:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PhoeniX wrote:
Is there a Q3W group on there? I installed it the other day because a friend didn't want to use Skype for some reason >:(

it's better

got into it few months ago

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-15-2017 10:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 10-15-2017 12:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Joined \o/

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-21-2017 10:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

BT joined, he would like to unbanned for q3w.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-21-2017 12:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I say unban everyone. Why keep anyone from this place at this point?

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 10-21-2017 01:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, the more the merrier, assuming everyone behaves

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-21-2017 01:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

>assuming

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-10-2017 02:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

great

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-10-2017 04:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh sorry about that...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-11-2017 12:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

someone buy player unknown

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-11-2017 02:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

a drink?

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 11-11-2017 03:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Isn't it full of cheating dickheads?

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-12-2017 12:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Has like a 90% Chinese playerbase and notoriously the most unoptimised sack of shit since DayZ. Pass.

Runs fine on anything from the last dozen years. Really. I understand it may not be the most optimized game, But unless you're trying to gimp along your gaming pc from 5 years ago, shit should be fine. Ive been running it on ultra with reshade forever on a 960 before the 1080 even. Again, I don't disagree its not the most optimized game, but its not that bad. If it was, it wouldnt be as big as it is, Lets be honest.

I was a hater too, Then I bought the shit. Its fun. Haters can hate.

And only 50% is chinese.

phantasmagoria wrote:
Isn't it full of cheating dickheads?

Yes. Shit like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTg5TcRnqOs

Happens and is a real thing. Its crazy bad. BUT if you arent trying to play the shit like an e-sport while its still in its baby stages of growing up, then its fun. I personally only play underdog games. Solo or Duos, Q squads, No autofill. Lots of fun.

Now with all that said. I would say since I do play mostly squads, solo, I less die due to cheating dickheads, and more because I enjoy going school or somewhere insane and seeing how that works out.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-12-2017 12:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The concept of the game sounds pretty neat. Haven't tried it yet though.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-12-2017 03:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Great fun so far. Runs in ultra on my 1050 at 40fps, haven't seen any cheating but I have had some good games. Day to day life for Memphis must be difficult.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-12-2017 09:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Point proved.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-12-2017 09:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

not played but watched BreaK and DrDisRespect a few times and all the cheating i saw was stream-sniping

not a single elastic arm to be seen. it's quite possible that some people on here are playing on shit servers with admins who don't give a fuck

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-12-2017 10:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yayayaya!

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-12-2017 12:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i dont know what thats meant to mean.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-12-2017 07:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
not played but watched BreaK and DrDisRespect a few times and all the cheating i saw was stream-sniping

not a single elastic arm to be seen. it's quite possible that some people on here are playing on shit servers with admins who don't give a fuck

Understand these are not player hosted games dude.

That clip, Was on a live server. The other players, do not see rubber arms in the air. They just simply die from a bullet out of nowhere. I've personally been shot through walls inside middle of buildings that have zero visible possible chance to see me, and I got domed. I really wish I had a clip of my whole squad getting wrecked like that one night. Every single one of us got shot through a wall or while in a stairwell while looting apts near school. In a game where zero other players dropped there because it was a super long drop.

Anyways, Theres a lot of cheating and shit going on. "CheatEngine" or whatever, is totally invisible for the most part to the game, and the game only updates the gun location (and i guess a bunch of stuff is still client side)or some such bullshit so most basic hack crap right now is pretty easy to hook in, cheat up a shit ton of points, buy a ton of crates very quickly, and by the time you get banned you've made enough money to be ahead, and buy another copy of the game. Since its not VAC bans, Welp. Its profitable to cheat right now.

Is every single player killed by a hacker every game? No. I go plenty of games without personally being shot out of nowhere or through walls or whatever, But more often than not you'll run into one at some point. Its not like most of these guys are amazing players either, and they have to get loot, ammo, etc. So once they empty that clip, you may end up killing one and not realizing it.

I still hasnt ruined my fun with the game though. Anyone whos really upset about the game now and then they die from bullshit, are taking a game thats still very early access, way too seriously. The game itself is super fun. When the vaulting patch comes out, life is going to be great.

Memphis wrote:
Doombrain wrote:
40fps

:dts:

He has a 1050. Thats pretty god damn impressive. They've done a lot to optimize man. Haters can hate but It sounds like you've been reading to many Facebook Comments on PCGamer posts.

Doombrain wrote:
Great fun so far. Runs in ultra on my 1050 at 40fps, haven't seen any cheating but I have had some good games. Day to day life for Memphis must be difficult.

Turn it down some, and grab reshade. You might come out ahead on frames and itll look less like smeary shit. Also turn foliage down if you havent. No sense in gimping yourself. As of "Now" reshade is still A OK! To use. Makes sense since you can do the same damn thing with your video drivers.

Holy rambles.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-12-2017 08:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-12-2017 11:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:

:olo: :olo:

Yeah, Its buggy. For sure. 2 Buggies hit each other, 1 dies.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-13-2017 04:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What's the point in Reshade? I read through but still not sure what the benefits of it are?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-13-2017 09:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:

:olo: classic Doc

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 11-13-2017 01:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
What's the point in Reshade? I read through but still not sure what the benefits of it are?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGzi3OCCrqY&t

Let this guy explain it.
TLDR version, Makes things clearer, and more vivid.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.