Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Not saying it's aliens...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Not saying it's aliens...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-18-2017 12:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ffs

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-18-2017 01:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it's obviously a flock of geese venting marsh gas, put up there by the Russians to stop Hillary becoming president

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 12-18-2017 01:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You forgot the chem-trails seremtan.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 12-18-2017 06:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's one of the pinions to support the flat earth's atmosphere

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-18-2017 07:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

or it could be Lord Kek, sent up by Alex Jones to de-gay the frogs

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-18-2017 04:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

All orchestrated by the freemasons obviously

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-18-2017 10:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OK, tasted and bit so I searched for more... Below the three :D and mention of some other conspiracy stuff towards the end. Hit that and eject.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 12-19-2017 12:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

aluminum prices skyrocket

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-19-2017 02:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

meanwhile alumnium prices remain stable

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 12-19-2017 03:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Ffs

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 12-19-2017 07:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
meanwhile alumnium prices remain stable

that's why i don't mine

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-20-2017 07:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-20-2017 07:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Meh, the universe is unfathomably huge. So I don’t see why these reports and others couldn’t be the real deal. I just assume some are and some aren’t...

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 12-20-2017 09:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i'd do a maverick and shoot that thing just to see what happens, fuck protocol

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-20-2017 11:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Meh, the universe is unfathomably huge. So I don’t see why these reports and others couldn’t be the real deal. I just assume some are and some aren’t...

wow, really? Given the size of our galaxy and energy needed to cross those gaps you think any life with those capabilities would a) come here to fly around and b) be seen doing it?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-20-2017 12:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

First of all, it may not be “life” as we know it. More than likely a super advanced alien species would send out enormous amounts of probes and drones, opposed to going themselves, mainly because it’d be much easier.

Secondly, the enormous size of our galaxy also comes with an enormous timeline. A civilization one million years older than us could have easily colonized or established the entire Milky Way by now.

So,

a) why not come here and fly around? They could theoretically have an infinite number of probes to send out to monitor millions of planets.

b) why not be seen? What do they have to gain from sneaking around?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-20-2017 12:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Seconds after the above....

Doombrain wrote:
wow, really? Given the size of our galaxy and energy needed to cross those gaps you think any life with those capabilities would a) come here to fly around and b) be seen doing it?

My 2 cents..
A/ We visit zoos and planetary bodies
B/ Maybe they don't see us as intelligent life, have no 'First Contact' protocols or have a care

An interesting discussion ensues ..

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-20-2017 12:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also,

Doombrain wrote:
wow, really?

Is this really necessary? Can’t we have a fun conversation without the snarky remarks? I’m not Gramps ffs...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-20-2017 12:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
First of all, it may not be “life” as we know it. More than likely a super advanced alien species would send out enormous amounts of probes and drones, opposed to going themselves, mainly because it’d be much easier.

Secondly, the enormous size of our galaxy also comes with an enormous timeline. A civilization one million years older than us could have easily colonized or established the entire Milky Way by now.

So,

a) why not come here and fly around? They could theoretically have an infinite number of probes to send out to monitor millions of planets.

This is a road to nowhere, but...

There are billions of Earth-type planets in our galaxy. Any resource needed could be found without 'sneaking' around here unless they exist in the local region, say 1'000'000ly. If that was the case, and they could visit, we'd have had better proof than your standard BW grainy images.

Another major pain in the ass for people who believe we're already in contact is there's no reason to visit as we have nothing to offer and if there were super civilised they wouldn't allow us to detect them, 'prime directive' in sci-fi n shit.

Personally, I believe there are millions of civilisations in the Milky Way but none of them makes it to interstellar travel before they are wiped out by a natural or random event. We only have another two billion years to crack FTL travel before our sun starts going nova, that's if we're not wiped out by a thousand natural events or ourselves (as cheesy as that is (USA USA USA)).

Fermi Paradox bro.

https://www.seti.org/seti-institute/pro ... mi-paradox

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-20-2017 12:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Also,

Doombrain wrote:
wow, really?

Is this really necessary? Can’t we have a fun conversation without the snarky remarks? I’m not Gramps ffs...

Sorry bud, it wasn't meant to be that way. I'm genuinely shocked you believe we're in contact.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-20-2017 12:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Seconds after the above....

Doombrain wrote:

My 2 cents..
A/ We visit zoos and planetary bodies
B/ Maybe they don't see us as intelligent life, have no 'First Contact' protocols or have a care

An interesting discussion ensues ..

Too much Hollywood for you. Might like to read up on energy needed to even approach lightspeed. That's based on what we KNOW, not what we think.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 12-20-2017 12:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I agree with Doombrain.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-20-2017 12:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's impossible to understand the distances we're casually talking about, I don't think the human brain is capable of understanding it. I mean, this is just a map on the local region... and yet people actually believe we're being visited because we're interesting? :dts:

http://stars.chromeexperiments.com/

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-20-2017 01:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm surprised that idiot queeOs thinks any of the stupid shit he says deserves reasonable consideration.

What a moron. :olo:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-20-2017 01:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s, this is your fault. You said his name.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-20-2017 01:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
xer0s wrote:

So,

This is a road to nowhere, but...

There are billions of Earth-type planets in our galaxy. Any resource needed could be found without 'sneaking' around here unless they exist in the local region, say 1'000'000ly. If that was the case, and they could visit, we'd have had better proof than your standard BW grainy images.

Another major pain in the ass for people who believe we're already in contact is there's no reason to visit as we have nothing to offer and if there were super civilised they wouldn't allow us to detect them, 'prime directive' in sci-fi n shit.

Personally, I believe there are millions of civilisations in the Milky Way but none of them makes it to interstellar travel before they are wiped out by a natural or random event. We only have another two billion years to crack FTL travel before our sun starts going nova, that's if we're not wiped out by a thousand natural events or ourselves (as cheesy as that is (USA USA USA)).

Fermi Paradox bro.

https://www.seti.org/seti-institute/pro ... mi-paradox

I’ve actually read a great deal on the Fermi Paradox and posted about it already:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50553&hilit=Fermi

Again, I don’t think they would need to sneak around for any reason. And I doubt they would visit for resources. It could just be the equivalent to a galactic library probe. Maybe they just want to have records of every planet worth tracking.

As far as not allowing us to detect them, again that goes back to trying to guess their motive, which is virtually impossible. Prime directive is an imaginary concept humans created. Do we try to hide from ants?

I agree, most probably don’t make it to “advanced” stages of intelligence due to getting slammed by meteors and having to reset their technology. But we can’t be certain all have been stuck in lower level advancement.

I guess what I’m getting at is that there are an endless amount of possibilities. And to just brush it off and say for certain there are no visitors (drone or biological) seems to be a little short sighted.

Don’t get me wrong, I believe most of the sightings are bullshit. But there’s no reason to believe some, no matter how small a percentage, could be legit.

tl;dr For the most part I agree with you, but I can’t completely dismiss it because the possibilities and unknowns are too great...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-20-2017 01:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
xer0s, this is your fault. You said his name.

In my defense, I’m pretty sure he has me on ignore. So it was actually your quote that summoned the blockhead...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-20-2017 02:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Speaking of being slammed by meteors. Apparently there is mounting evidence that there has been a shitload more recent impacts than we initially thought. One as recently as 5000 years ago. And another around 12,000 years ago. They’re starting to put the pieces of our history together. And it might be that we have gone through many, many resets of society.

Check out Randall Carlson’s work...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 12-20-2017 02:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dumbrains assumptions are based on human understandings of physics and technology... Maybe intelligent beings can instantly travel anywhere in the universe with minimal energy requirements? Maybe dumbrain is just a complete moron? Who knows?...

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 12-20-2017 03:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
1) outmaneuvering

2) go 'lol base, i'm seeing shit i can't explain, nm tho, ffs, lol'?

1) ffs

2) the guys goes 'it's a drone'

3) you see and hear what you want to apparently.

leave thinking to others, you're shit at it

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-20-2017 04:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Maybe intelligent beings can instantly travel anywhere in the universe with minimal energy requirements?

travelling through space is either by

a) ejecting a lot of mass out the back of your vehicle (low energy requirement but too slow), or
b) deforming space between yourself and your destination (faster, but insane energy requirement)

tl;dr get fucked

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-20-2017 05:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Speaking of being slammed by meteors. Apparently there is mounting evidence that there has been a shitload more recent impacts than we initially thought. One as recently as 5000 years ago. And another around 12,000 years ago. They’re starting to put the pieces of our history together. And it might be that we have gone through many, many resets of society.

Check out Randall Carlson’s work...

He's been on Joe Rogan's podcast several times, most recently back in May:

Roll a joint and expand your mind. :up:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-20-2017 05:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I’d love to, but drug tests and all...

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 12-20-2017 08:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol semancan is such an idiot...

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 12-20-2017 10:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

what's more probable?

1)Is it possible this was man made? How does an entity carry on with such advanced machinery for over 50 years ( lets not forget similar early UFO reports from the roswell era etc. ) without any information about it being compromised? How can a closed system like that advance science and technology to such effect , independently from the rest of the world? Things simply don't work that way.
The above scenario seems very unlikely.

2)So now you have the "it's aliens" option, but that's potentially an even bigger pill to swallow considering what we know about interstellar travel, Fermi's paradox etc. But no matter how incredible that would be, this option has a lot of unknown variables essentially making it a valid possibility.

3)Assuming there wasn't an alarming level of incompetence on display that day, what happened is indeed incredible. Which leads me to believe that the report and the people involved are being disingenuous. The video is taken out of context. Government entities lying to the public while having a hidden agenda is not that incredible and it's nothing new.

Occam's razor will probably win this one.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.