Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Alleged swatting hoax ends in the death of a father of two

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Alleged swatting hoax ends in the death of a father of two

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-04-2018 06:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
His arms lowered, that's it, I can't see anything about the police entering the home like you mentioned in the bit of your quote I snipped. You can see why some of you lot are scared to get off your bike. The officer seen this as reason enough to shoot and in any sane world that isn't reason enough, there was no threat, just the perceived threat created in the officers mind. This isn't some unfortunate situation that couldnt have been prevented.

What we have here is

>False report
>officers attend
>defendant exits house complying with police requests fully
>defendant lowers his arms
>dead

All this was established early on in this thread

It also says in your link there's over 400 swatting hoax's a year, it's been going on for years. Don't try to pull that shit.

Why waste your time posting all that nonsense? It's okay to acknowledge you really don't know what happened.

LOL at 400 per year. Like that's some kind of extraordinary number. More people die every year falling out of bed. Talk about pulling shit. :rolleyes:

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 01-04-2018 06:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
SOAPboy wrote:
Hes ducked actually replying to someone (me) who was in law enforcement and also someone (me) who knows the cops from the area this happened in and know how they were trained. Guess what? Training aint great! This shit happens all the fucking time here! Tons of abuse of power. :olo:

Hes just arguing to suck cop dick, or be a fucking idiot, Either way hes a dumb cunt who knows jack shit.
Or he really thinks this way like a fuckin hillbilly. Hes an idiot. Clearly.

BTW you fucking idiot. (gramps)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiW-BVPCbZk

This is 3 years old. Swatting isnt fuckin new. Theres dozens and dozens of videos of this shit going down. They fucked up. Hard.

Ducking you? LOL. You're an angry little douche bag who obviously has an ax to grind with law enforcement. Why aren't you still working in corrections? Did someone can your pathetic ass because you were too big of a pussy to work in general pop?

I don't care if you live near there or on the other side of the world. Anything you say is speculation based on a clearly heavy bias.

Eat a dick, putz.

No actually I have no axe to grind. I just live in the real world and interact with these people and have first hand exp.

Why am I not still in? Mostly because I didn't want to be what they wanted me to be. Which was a dickhead who "enforced the rules with an iron fist" (Read, They wanted me to treat people who have NOT BEEN CONVICTED OF ANYTHING like they were cold blooded baby murderers who raped children for fun, When in reality these were people with minor drug problems or something). When in reality this was a jail and I had an easy fucking time just treating everyone like people. It pissed them off. I found it funny. I left on my own terms to move out of state for a while so yeah. Wasnt that I couldnt hang in gen pop. lol @ the gen pop joke. Newsflash, Every mod was "gen pop". Medical was the only "safe" area and lul if you wernt dealing with every other mother fucker anyways. You clearly have no idea how the system works and it shows. The what you'd call "gen pop" mods were pretty low key actually. Shit popped off more in intake than anywhere else. Drunk dudes make for hilarious times.

Heavy bias? Maybe. But maybe that bias is build from the law enforcement i regularly interacted with, trained with, and had to deal with WHILE being on that side of the blue line.

Maybe its you who needs to eat a dick, A whole bowl of dicks.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-04-2018 06:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:
His arms lowered, that's it, I can't see anything about the police entering the home like you mentioned in the bit of your quote I snipped. You can see why some of you lot are scared to get off your bike. The officer seen this as reason enough to shoot and in any sane world that isn't reason enough, there was no threat, just the perceived threat created in the officers mind. This isn't some unfortunate situation that couldnt have been prevented.

What we have here is

>False report
>officers attend
>defendant exits house complying with police requests fully
>defendant lowers his arms
>dead

All this was established early on in this thread

It also says in your link there's over 400 swatting hoax's a year, it's been going on for years. Don't try to pull that shit.

Why waste your time posting all that nonsense? It's okay to acknowledge you really don't know what happened.

LOL at 400 per year. Like that's some kind of extraordinary number. More people die every year falling out of bed. Talk about pulling shit. :rolleyes:

Like I said we're basing it on what's available in the public domain, you've even provided a video and coupled with an official police announcement we have the series of events that took place. You're the one with the 'ifs' and 'ors' and can't accept that on the face of it the police are at fault.

I used the 400 number to show it's hardly uncommon n all, if something is happening atleast once a day in 1 country that would suggest a trend that's worth investigating, I mean you have fewer terrorist attacks a year and how many protocols do you have ?, I can't even take water onto a plane. You trying to say its relatively new when in actual fact its been going on for years at quite a common rate. That's what you call pulling shit.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-04-2018 07:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
I was a big pussy who thought I new better than everyone else.

Sounds about right.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-04-2018 07:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Like I said we're basing it on what's available in the public domain, you've even provided a video and coupled with an official police announcement we have the series of events that took place. You're the one with the 'ifs' and 'ors' and can't accept that on the face of it the police are at fault.

I used the 400 number to show it's hardly uncommon n all, if something is happening atleast once a day in 1 country that would suggest a trend that's worth investigating, I mean you have fewer terrorist attacks a year and how many protocols do you have ?, I can't even take water onto a plane. You trying to say its relatively new when in actual fact its been going on for years at quite a common rate. That's what you call pulling shit.

More useless typing to prove you still don't know what happened after the commands and before the shot...

400 might be a lot in small world you live in. But it's absolutely minuscule in a country of 320+ million. Keep pretending.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-04-2018 07:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:

More useless typing to prove you still don't know what happened after the commands and before the shot...

400 might be a lot in small world you live in. But it's absolutely minuscule in a country of 320+ million. Keep pretending.

You don't want to discuss what information is available through official sources and instead rely on the narrative in your head still ?. Why can't you accept that based on the information the police made an error ?, I've laid out the events. Instead you wanna talk about 'if he...' and 'or they...'.

Who's pretending ?, you're trying to say that the police can't deal with a somewhat irregular yet highly publicised and routine occurrence in a sensible way. Over a 5 year period close to 15% of teams would have had experience with this situation n all. Conservative number too, most forces have to few officers to create a team so rely on shared resources.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 01-04-2018 08:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
SOAPboy wrote:
I was a big pussy who thought I new better than everyone else.

Sounds about right.

:olo: :olo:

You're hopeless.

:olo:

You also cannot read. Figures as much.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 01-04-2018 09:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Watch out, when he runs out of blanks to shoot, he'll latch on to something really stupid. He droned on for quite a while about my shirt. :confused: Yeah, he has the comprehension skills of a ping pong ball.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-04-2018 09:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
You don't want to discuss what information is available through official sources and instead rely on the narrative in your head still ?. Why can't you accept that based on the information the police made an error ?, I've laid out the events. Instead you wanna talk about 'if he...' and 'or they...'.

Who's pretending ?, you're trying to say that the police can't deal with a somewhat irregular yet highly publicised and routine occurrence in a sensible way. Over a 5 year period close to 15% of teams would have had experience with this situation n all. Conservative number too, most forces have to few officers to create a team so rely on shared resources.

I've said from the start, if the officer is at fault he should be charged. How'd you miss that? At least I'm willing to wait for an investigation before I start blaming the people who protect and serve. And 400 incidents a year isn't shit. Especially when the majority are identified before they turn into anything because most people are not bright enough to carry out the lie.

Last edited by YourGrandpa on 01-04-2018 09:20 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-04-2018 09:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
Watch out, when he runs out of blanks to shoot, he'll latch on to something really stupid. He droned on for quite a while about my shirt. :confused: Yeah, he has the comprehension skills of a ping pong ball.

Calm down Randy.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-04-2018 09:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
I'm so angry at the world. Please kill me.

Get some help.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 01-04-2018 09:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And he's out.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 01-04-2018 09:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
And he's out.

When was he ever "in"?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-04-2018 10:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LOL

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 01-04-2018 10:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
Scourge wrote:
And he's out.

When was he ever "in"?

Out of attempts.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-04-2018 11:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Out of his mind.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-05-2018 03:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
And he's out.

There's only so many ways you can make a point. Then it's time to play wach-a-nerd. :olo:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-05-2018 04:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Everyone got your point :olo:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-05-2018 04:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:

I've said from the start, if the officer is at fault he should be charged. How'd you miss that? At least I'm willing to wait for an investigation before I start blaming the people who protect and serve. And 400 incidents a year isn't shit. Especially when the majority are identified before they turn into anything because most people are not bright enough to carry out the lie.

The same way you missed where I said we're basing it on the info available in pretty much every reply ?. So based on the info we can finally agree that the fault lay with the police dept ?, cos you know, it's the public place to scrutinise and we're not gonna base it on 'ifs' and 'ors'.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-05-2018 05:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Post a link to the sources you are citing.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-05-2018 05:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You provided the video and in that link there was also an official police statement saying as much.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-05-2018 06:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

BAWWWWKKKKK!!!!

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-05-2018 06:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-05-2018 08:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

When I originally watched the video on my phone I thought the officers were in the doorway of the home and the video was being shot from across the street. I can see now after watching on a larger screen, the officers were actually across the street. (My mistake. I apologize for arguing from the wrong perspective.) That certainly changes the threat level for the officers. This is also a situation where a non-lethal solution could have been used if a viable option was available to the officer at the time. But now that I've watched the video over and over I still can't make sense out of how/why Finch raised his hands that way. It does look very similar to someone who is trying to quickly raise a pistol to shoot.

All things considered, the officer was in a very difficult situation where action was required. If he was not issued a non-lethal option that would work at range, he had no other choice but to use lethal force. However, the family could probably make a case against the department citing some form of negligence.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-05-2018 09:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Holy shit, he admitted he was wrong. :alert:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-05-2018 09:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
It does look very similar to someone who is trying to quickly raise a pistol to shoot.

or like someone thinking "WTF? why are there cops out here?"

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-05-2018 09:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No, not at all like that.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-05-2018 10:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so a guy who's surprised to find cops outside his house reacts identically to a man totally unsurprised to find cops outside his house

interesting :dts:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-05-2018 11:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fair enough, have to give props if he admitted he was in the wrong....

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-05-2018 01:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
so a guy who's surprised to find cops outside his house reacts identically to a man totally unsurprised to find cops outside his house

The police were out outside yelling commands. This wasn't a "surprise". It looks like Finch quickly raises both of his hands, bringing them together out in front of him as if he was attempting to point a pistol towards the officers. Common sense tells you if someone points a gun at you, you shouldn't make any sudden moves. If he lacked common sense, he should have at least known what to do from the thousands of cops/gangster movies we've all seen.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-05-2018 03:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

On a totally unrelated note, what's gwamps' address?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-05-2018 03:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-05-2018 03:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
When I originally watched the video on my phone I thought the officers were in the doorway of the home and the video was being shot from across the street. I can see now after watching on a larger screen, the officers were actually across the street. (My mistake. I apologize for arguing from the wrong perspective.) That certainly changes the threat level for the officers. This is also a situation where a non-lethal solution could have been used if a viable option was available to the officer at the time. But now that I've watched the video over and over I still can't make sense out of how/why Finch raised his hands that way. It does look very similar to someone who is trying to quickly raise a pistol to shoot.

All things considered, the officer was in a very difficult situation where action was required. If he was not issued a non-lethal option that would work at range, he had no other choice but to use lethal force. However, the family could probably make a case against the department citing some form of negligence.

I don't agree fully with what you're saying, I lean towards more Semens thinking than yours but I think we've found enough common ground.

For what it's worth I thought the same as you when watching the video, thinking Finch raised both his hands whilst making a gun gesture but can't make it out for sure. The police statement to the news was saying that he just lowered his hands after raising them which is what I was basing the information on. The police were also at the address long before that footage was shot.

When watching the video, If he raised his hands like a gun I completely agree that he was being a silly shit whilst having a gun pointed at you. I was thinking of a situation like "wtf are you guys doing ?, youre at my house pointing guns at me !" *raises hand like a gun*. Still don't think it's enough for a clear danger though.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 01-05-2018 03:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
seremtan wrote:

The police were out outside yelling commands. This wasn't a "surprise". It looks like Finch quickly raises both of his hands, bringing them together out in front of him as if he was attempting to point a pistol towards the officers. Common sense tells you if someone points a gun at you, you shouldn't make any sudden moves. If he lacked common sense, he should have at least known what to do from the thousands of cops/gangster movies we've all seen.

Its still a bad shooting
The cops did wrong
The guy shouldnt have had to worry about flinching around a little. They were at a point where NON LETHAL could have been used.

Thanks for admitting you and didnt watch the video right, but its still a bad shooting and the dude didnt "do something wrong".

Same shit with drunk guy being murdered. Dude was DRUNK PULLING UP HIS PANTS BEGGING TO NOT BE SHOT.

This is only slightly less bad because its possible the cops were just shitty trained and reacted poorly and it wasnt just wanting to shoot someone.

Id love to see how you react in that situation. :olo:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 01-05-2018 05:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The dude made a highly questionable move that resulted in his death. As tragic as that is, I believe the officer was operating well with-in guidelines.

How would I react? As the officer or the citizen?

As the citizen...
I would probably get a phone call asking me what was is going on before officer number one ever reached my house. If not. I'd come out slowly with my hands up, anticipating and obeying the officer's commands. Because I'd have no clue why they were there, but I'd know it was pretty serious if they had their guns drawn.

As the officer...
It would greatly depend on how much information I had about the situation and the events leading up to the interaction. If I thought the guy had a gun, already killed someone and was planning on killing others, I would have shot him where he stood if he presented his hands to me like that.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.