Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Vermont is about to pass marijuana legalization

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Vermont is about to pass marijuana legalization

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-10-2018 03:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... ation-bill
Quote:
The bill was approved by the House last week and the Senate on Wednesday.

It now goes to Gov. Phil Scott, a Republican. Last year, Scott vetoed a similar bill. But he has indicated he will sign the current measure, according to the Associated Press.

Vermont would become the first state to legalize cannabis through the state legislature instead of a ballot initiative.

The timing is almost perfect for me. I have a medical marijuana license which needs to be signed off on by my doctor annually. Last week she told me that lawyers for the health center she works at had instructed all doctors to stop signing those forms for patients. She told me it was because of that stupid garden gnome, Jeff Sessions' comments about cracking down on recreational weed. My license is up for renewal in April and this bill goes into effect in July. I already have a grow room set up and the medical marijuana dispensary I visit sells clones, so I should be good to go.

2012 - Colorado
2012 - Washington
2014 - Alaska
2014 - Oregon
2014 - Washington DC
2016 - California
2016 - Maine
2016 - Massachusetts
2016 - Nevada
2018 - Vermont

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 01-10-2018 08:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/1/5/16853594/vermont-marijuana-legalization-bill
Quote:
The bill was approved by the House last week and the Senate on Wednesday.

It now goes to Gov. Phil Scott, a Republican. Last year, Scott vetoed a similar bill. But he has indicated he will sign the current measure, according to the Associated Press.

Vermont would become the first state to legalize cannabis through the state legislature instead of a ballot initiative.

The timing is almost perfect for me. I have a medical marijuana license which needs to be signed off on by my doctor annually. Last week she told me that lawyers for the health center she works at had instructed all doctors to stop signing those forms for patients. She told me it was because of that stupid garden gnome, Jeff Sessions' comments about cracking down on recreational weed. My license is up for renewal in April and this bill goes into effect in July. I already have a grow room set up and the medical marijuana dispensary I visit sells clones, so I should be good to go.

2012 - Colorado
2012 - Washington
2014 - Alaska
2014 - Oregon
2014 - Washington DC
2016 - California
2016 - Maine
2016 - Massachusetts
2016 - Nevada
2018 - Vermont

https://www.seedsman.com/en/

You're welcome. Place is the bomb dot com.

Also. IDK what you actually know about growing. But if you're new, keep it simple. Its just tomatoes basically. Easy af if you dont screw around too much.

Sure would be nice if shit would just go legal everywhere. Not being able to grow BLOOOOOOOWS

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-10-2018 08:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for the link! :up:
I've done a lot of research, but I still worry that I'll fuck it up. I don't exactly have a green thumb. :paranoid:

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 01-10-2018 10:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Thanks for the link! :up:
I've done a lot of research, but I still worry that I'll fuck it up. I don't exactly have a green thumb. :paranoid:

Keeping it simple like most gardening shit. Watch PH like a fucking hawk. :)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-11-2018 12:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You know what I hate most about all these US states legalizing weed?
That The Netherlands is being overtaken left and right in this area because of the conservative shitheads in our government. Contrary to popular belief, weed is not legal in The Netherlands

People still see Amsterdam as weed-heaven, but I'm pretty sure that will change as more and more US states legalize marijuana. It's not that I care about weed-tourists or actually want them here, nor do I use weed myself, but the whole weed production and distribution system is hidden in a world of illegality and crime, often with a great disregard to safety of others. If Dutch legislation would legalize the production, distribution and ownership of weed then they'd get that out of illegality and be able to manage it and get taxes over weed sales.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-11-2018 09:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that's because you chose decriminalisation, the preferred policy of fence-sitters since forever :|

legal or illegal: pick one

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-11-2018 10:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey, progress is progress. ;)

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-11-2018 10:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Congrats Trans. I’m jelly...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-11-2018 11:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just think, when I first started posting here as a kid, I had sworn off alcohol and thought potheads were chumps. Now I smoke erryday. :owned:

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 01-11-2018 06:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-11-2018 07:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In June we’ll vote to legalize medical. My company will still restrict me from partaking, but it’s a start...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-12-2018 12:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

your company does piss tests?

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-12-2018 05:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That takes the piss. I spose some reasoning could be that it does have an effect on your cognitive skills, but, if your doc says youre fit to work / drive and to use your own judgement then your employer is being a picky fuck. Like with alcohol you use your own judgement.

Then work can bollock you for being a lazy junkie.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-12-2018 07:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

No. They do hair follicle tests...

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 01-12-2018 07:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
seremtan wrote:

No. They do hair follicle tests...

Ouch.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-12-2018 09:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It’s not all bad. I work in the energy sector for a major Fortune 500 company. Suffice it to say, the benefits, pay, 401k matching, and pension plan offset the no weed policy...

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 01-12-2018 03:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Incorrect. As the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers always say...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-12-2018 05:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:D

I tend to agree. I’m just in denial and trying to cope...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-13-2018 06:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I know something that can help with coping...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 01-14-2018 01:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Last time I smoked I felt like I was sinking into the couch and was unable to move anything but my eyes for 30 minutes. Not that fun.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-14-2018 01:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pussy^^^...

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 01-15-2018 03:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Last time I smoked I felt like I was sinking into the couch and was unable to move anything but my eyes for 30 minutes. Not that fun.

Yeah, that happens when you have zero tolerance and smoke anything 1/2 decent these days. Congrats, Every stoner everywhere wants to get that high again.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-15-2018 03:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I used to get that high off shitty skunk weed grown in someone's closet. The medical grade herb I smoke these days doesn't even get me half as high. :(

Which is just as well, I guess. I smoke for the pain relief more than anything else, so it's nice to still be functional in the evenings and be able to get shit done.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-15-2018 10:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

May I ask what it is you are suffering from, or is that too personal?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-15-2018 11:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I started developing a soreness in my right calf about 5 years ago. I thought it was from driving so much for work, hovering over the pedals for 6 hours every day. But eventually it spread to my left calf, then after a year or so it had traveled up my thighs. It feels like the day after a long hike, that soreness and aching in your muscles. 24/7.

My lower back and the back of my neck are also both bothering me, and my newest hunch is that they're related. The neck pain started around Thanksgiving and was accompanied by a headache that still hasn't gone away. I saw a neurologist a year or so ago and he even had me in front of a panel of med students at one point and they couldn't come up with anything. Now I'm seeing a physical therapist after my primary doctor couldn't think of anything else. It sucks. :down:

Weed at least takes the edge off and lets me get to sleep at night. :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-16-2018 12:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh that sucks. The not knowing what it is part must be the worst :-/ Glad to hear the weed helps.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-16-2018 09:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sounds like your back, from the sitting. have you tried pilates or yoga?

i should say at this point that i am not a doctor. where's Geebs when you need him...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-16-2018 09:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I make a point of mentioning to everyone I see about this that I sit for long hours every day and that I have bad posture, but nobody seems to think it's particularly noteworthy. We'll see what this physical therapist thinks after a few more meetings, I've only seen him once so far.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-16-2018 10:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I suffer from lower back pain as a result of riding. I could tell you about the time I was stuck in a taxi door in Germany when my back went and the doctor gave me a shot in my lower back which made me very happy for two days, but it's a long story and you probably had to be there to get the lols. Anyway, shit hurts.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-16-2018 11:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

and this is why i ride a recumbent :idea:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-16-2018 11:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Didn't think that made a jott of difference?

I've been to see a professional about it. Apparently, i've torn something after a fall and keep aggravating it so last year i started planking and now it's much better. Also leaving my old job seems to have helped, must have been my office chair.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-16-2018 12:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it does. i used to get serious lower back pain from just 30 mile rides on a DF that took all week to disappear (in time for the next ride). did oxford-cambridge (88 miles) on a recumbent, no pain. your whole back takes your weight

knees are different matter tho :|

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 01-16-2018 12:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
I make a point of mentioning to everyone I see about this that I sit for long hours every day and that I have bad posture, but nobody seems to think it's particularly noteworthy. We'll see what this physical therapist thinks after a few more meetings, I've only seen him once so far.

You need to see someone else. I'm in the bad posture camp and buying a proper chair helped me tons. I still have the same pains but they are way way less than they used to be. I'm still a slouchy fuck but it does help having a decent chair.

Sitting is fucking awful for you. Hips, Back. Its bad news bears. Its why I have a wireless headset for work and play. SO I can walk around sometimes.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-16-2018 12:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
it does. i used to get serious lower back pain from just 30 mile rides on a DF that took all week to disappear (in time for the next ride). did oxford-cambridge (88 miles) on a recumbent, no pain. your whole back takes your weight

knees are different matter tho :|

Yeah, fucking knees. Starting to get a little pain there too.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-16-2018 01:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
Sitting is fucking awful for you. Hips, Back. Its bad news bears. Its why I have a wireless headset for work and play. SO I can walk around sometimes.

It's true but so weird. How's that for intelligent design eh? The human body is just flawed in so many ways.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.