Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        National Geographic - Any subscribers here?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: National Geographic - Any subscribers here?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-31-2018 08:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just wondering if any who haunt here are subscribers to the National Geographic Magazine?

You see, one of my PC computer gaming magazines is coming up for renewal and I am considering a change of direction.

I was in the waiting room of my local Doctor and flicked through some copies, and I saw a notation that said digital subscribers get access to every article since 1888. Yes, 1888. I checked this to be sure and and was told, yes it is true :eek: That's a lot of reading. I'd go the digital and print option.

Asking any subscribers here to comment please. :arrow: PM if you like :)

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-01-2018 06:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I read it for the boobies.

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 02-01-2018 09:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have a subscription to National Geographic. Being able to browse through their entire catalog is pretty awesome.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-01-2018 10:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

do they still include big fold-out maps with some of the print editions?

they were great :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-01-2018 12:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Checks PMs....

Thank you :up: I find their photography intriguing. Some of their shots are beautiful like that mid eastern girl years ago. What was the name; ah, here it is, Sharbat Gula. You must have seen the cover.

Near convinced :)

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 02-01-2018 05:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Checks PMs....

Thank you :up: I find their photography intriguing. Some of their shots are beautiful like that mid eastern girl years ago. What was the name; ah, here it is, Sharbat Gula. You must have seen the cover.

I have the original release of that. I found it in an old abandoned farm house :paranoid:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-01-2018 10:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It would be worth money as a collectable I'd think.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-02-2018 01:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Checks PMs....

True story time - I've worked with Steve McCurry who took that photo. I had to print around 30 large format prints for a show in Birmingham, almost had to fly out to New York to finalise some of them because he was incredibly picky about some of the smallest details. Even a 0.5 level shift for some of the smaller dark areas and inspecting ICCs i'd made for the job.

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesig ... hotography

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-02-2018 06:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool, I bet he was a pretty fascinating individual.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-02-2018 12:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hard work is more like it. I still have 7gig of his images. lol.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-02-2018 01:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
True story time - I've worked with Steve McCurry who took that photo. I had to print around 30 large format prints for a show in Birmingham, almost had to fly out to New York to finalise some of them because he was incredibly picky about some of the smallest details. Even a 0.5 level shift for some of the smaller dark areas and inspecting ICCs i'd made for the job.

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesig ... hotography

Interesting read in the link :up:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.