Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Yet another school shooting in America

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Yet another school shooting in America

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-23-2018 04:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
Transient wrote:
So it turns out there was an armed officer stationed at the school. He heard gunshots and did fuckall.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... ce-officer

well obviously if he'd had more guns he would have felt confident enough to respond :|

Should've given him a bazooka

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-23-2018 06:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

From nyt article.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-23-2018 11:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Trump's autism confirmed

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 02-23-2018 12:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
Doombrain wrote:

An*

fuckin' yanks :offended:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-23-2018 01:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Priorities, amirite?

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 02-23-2018 01:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

look after the pennies and the pounds will count themselves :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-23-2018 01:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Trump calls the armed guard a "coward". Classy :up:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-23-2018 02:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, so did the police chief.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-23-2018 02:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The numbers actually speak against the whole notion of "good guy with a gun":
https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy ... icer-trump

Quote:
The FBI’s analysis of active shooters between 2000 and 2013 has another relevant data point: “Law enforcement suffered casualties in 21 (46.7%) of the 45 incidents where they engaged the shooter to end the threat.” These are people trained to do this kind of thing full time, and nearly half were wounded or killed.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-23-2018 03:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A whole nation of mentally-ill fat retards zipping around on their mobility scooters just itching for a chance to use their weapons on people.

I think it's time to wall off America from the rest of the world.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-23-2018 04:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Trump calls the armed guard a "coward". Classy :up:

Transient wrote:
Well, so did the police chief.

To be fair, It was kind of his job to be a bullet sponge for the kids. He signed up for that shit, then bailed. So yeah, Coward.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-23-2018 04:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I agree. I just don't think calling him out is classless.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-23-2018 05:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I do. Especially since Trump had 5 draft deferments during Vietnam and walked around with private security his entire life.

I don’t think anyone who hasn’t been in a life or death situation of storming into a hailstorm of AR-15 bullets should be in any position to point fingers. Maybe he thought he could, maybe he has kids of his own. All the training in the world and your mind could fuck you in the moment of truth. Let the people who have been there call him a coward.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-23-2018 09:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
I don’t think anyone who hasn’t been in a life or death situation of storming into a hailstorm of AR-15 bullets should be in any position to point fingers. Maybe he thought he could, maybe he has kids of his own. All the training in the world and your mind could fuck you in the moment of truth. Let the people who have been there call him a coward.

Fair, Ive only had to duck from pistol fire a couple of times in my life. I also didnt hero up and try and return fire (wasnt my beef anyways, also wasnt at my literal house, but hey stray gunshots and all that).

I still think hes a coward if he signed up for it and bailed. He let those kids down and its unfortunate he signed up for something he clearly wasnt ready for.

I wouldnt be able to. I know that. But I also wouldnt sign up for it.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-23-2018 10:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did he sign up to defend the school against a lunatic with an AR-15 or did he sign up to pull spoiled teenagers off of each other when one of em started a fight?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-23-2018 11:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He was armed so he signed up for more than kids giving each other wedgies.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-23-2018 11:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Considering this is America, I wouldn't surprised if they'd give a playground guard a gun.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-24-2018 12:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Apparently there were four armed responders and none of them entered the school. Winner winner chicken dinner.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-24-2018 12:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A bunch of companies like Hertz, Delta and American Airlines are cutting ties with the NRA, and Bank of America might cut off future loans.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-25-2018 01:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Did he sign up to defend the school against a lunatic with an AR-15 or did he sign up to pull spoiled teenagers off of each other when one of em started a fight?

After the "First" school shootings they placed "Armed officers" to respond to that kind of thing, Yes. They have done nothing more than bother brown kids for minor bullshit.

Not a single shooting has been stopped by them. Its the literal job they signed up for.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-25-2018 08:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If I would have been there, I would have simply waited for the dumbo to reload and then railed the bitch... IMPRESSIVE!...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-25-2018 08:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In most cases security n shit are just meant to be a deterrent.

That said some of the kids reacted to the situation by helping others whilst this dude has been portrayed has hiding in the closet with Mr Cruise. Either way it flies in the face of NRA recommendations.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-25-2018 05:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
In most cases security n shit are just meant to be a deterrent.

That said some of the kids reacted to the situation by helping others whilst this dude has been portrayed has hiding in the closet with Mr Cruise. Either way it flies in the face of NRA recommendations.

15 year old braced a door open (PROTECTING HIS FELLOW HUMANS) and took 5 fucking bullets or something

Armed Police hid like a bitch. Took zero bullets, and now retires with pension.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-26-2018 06:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"Officer Mallcop, your job is to send a message, that's all. If someone doesn't get the message, then it's not your fault. You did all you could, now step aside. Also, health and safety."

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-26-2018 01:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

FYI, there appears to be another side to this story.

https://www.local10.com/news/parkland-s ... -no-coward

Last edited by YourGrandpa on 02-27-2018 05:21 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-26-2018 03:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
FYI, there appears to bo another side to this story.

https://www.local10.com/news/parkland-s ... -no-coward

Excuses.

A shooter, isnt going to stay outside when class is in session. Its all excuses because he didnt wanna get shot by a kid.

Coward.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-26-2018 04:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nothing like having a very strong second-hand opinion. :tard: :up:

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-26-2018 08:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Nothing like having a very strong second-hand opinion. :tard: :up:

Yeah, What can I say. A 15 year old kid held a door closed with an active shooter pumping rounds into it to save his fellow humans. The armed cop with an AR who could have saved those kids, did jack shit.

Not hard to have an opinion on the matter.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-26-2018 11:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In this case I'm with Gramps. It's unclear (to us) what happened and what information the cop had. The cop may be lying through is teeth or he might've actually done this and it might be a very logical series of choices. I reserve my judgment and won't be so quick to call someone in such circumstances a coward.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-27-2018 05:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You mean you don't want to keep spouting a biased opinion like it's fact?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-27-2018 05:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

unless you're the president. then you should call everyone a coward.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-27-2018 05:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

Preaching to the choir, bro. If you've been paying attention you'd have seen I've been quite reserved in passing judgement over this cop.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-27-2018 06:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

The bowl of dicks on the table, start snacking.

I said it was my opinion (Coward shit, and if I failed to spell that out for you specifically, here you go), if you cannot accept that, keep chomping on those dicks.

Thanks for reading.

Eraser wrote:
Preaching to the choir, bro. If you've been paying attention you'd have seen I've been quite reserved in passing judgement over this cop.

Understandable.

I simply don't care.

The dudes job was that, he was armed. He made the choice to not engage the shooter. He failed at his job in all cases. Coward, Shitty employee, Under trained, Whatever. He didnt do his assigned job. Why even have him there in the first place?

Thats the facts. The only part thats speculation for me at this point is was he really a pussy? Under Trained? Shitty employee who didnt give a fuck? My OPINION is he was scared as fuck and didnt engage due to fear.

Also wouldnt happen if we didnt have literal war weapons available at walmart.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-27-2018 08:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're an ignorant spout of biased nonsense. What you say obviously comes from a place of zero experience or knowledge, and I hope you know we all see that.

Keep living that blissful existence... :tard:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-27-2018 09:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
I do. Especially since Drumpf had 5 draft deferments during Vietnam and walked around with private security his entire life.

If we're talking about Drumpf, yes, he's classless. I was just speaking generally.

shaft wrote:

I don't think he's necessarily a piece of shit for not entering the school, but I definitely have an opinion about the guy. OTOH I read an article saying he thought the noise was firecrackers, then he thought it was gunshots from outside the school. And the first 3 cops to arrive at the school didn't go in, either.

As for the teachers and students who were in the school and put themselves in the line of fire to help others, that's definitely classy. :up:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.