Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Yet another school shooting in America

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Yet another school shooting in America

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-14-2018 04:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... l-shooting

Quote:
A shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, has left at least 17 people dead. Students are among the victims, according to Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... any-so-far
There have been 8 school shootings that have resulted in death so far this year. That's one a week. Fuck the NRA, and fuck the congressional whores sucking their dicks. They can take their thoughts and prayers and shove them up their asses.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-14-2018 04:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah but don't bother making guns harder to get or anything.

lol guns.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-14-2018 04:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sad news, country's broke

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-14-2018 04:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We added another $160 billion to the defense budget for our military, but we can't protect kids at school.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-14-2018 10:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-14-2018 10:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-15-2018 12:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-signs-bill-revoking-obama-era-gun-checks-people-mental-n727221

That seems about right.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-15-2018 02:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
thoughts and prayers

Americans' way of saying "I can't be bothered to get off my fat arse and actually do anything"

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-15-2018 09:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i hate to say it, but these days i respond to American school shootings the way i respond to suicide bombs in Baghdad or Kabul: a sigh, then i get on with my day

both have become routine, with apparently no end in sight :|

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-15-2018 09:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

White Nationalist group comfirmed the shooter was one of the their members.

People are definitely becoming numb to this. They just grab the popcorn and glue themselves to the tube, eating up all the details. I hate to say it, but I think the one thing that would snap people into reality would be to actually show the carnage and aftermath of this shit. Splatter pictures and videos of the crime scene everywhere. Let people see children riddled with bullets. Let them see the gore. Maybe then they’ll realize this isn’t just reality TV. It’s actual life...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-15-2018 10:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

On twatter most people reacted by saying arm the teachers... The US has to be one of the most backwards places on Earth.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-15-2018 11:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also, tell me again why you'd need a AR15 for home defense?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-15-2018 11:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well... To protect yourself from the guy breaking into your house with an AR15 obviously.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-15-2018 12:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
On twatter most people reacted by saying arm the teachers... The US has to be one of the most backwards places on Earth.

That school, Had an armed guard. He "never encountered the shooter", AKA he hid in a fuckin closet like a pussy.

We need gun laws. Theres no good reason people have military grade weapons at home. You hunt? A bolt action rifle or shotgun is enough. Pistols? Sure fine, if you can pass all the background shit. Anything semi automatic that can be easily converted into a fully auto weapon? I see no good real reason for "everyone" to have access to that shit. Sure they are fun to shoot at the range but otherwise are useless af. Don't tell me its for home protection, A pistol is going to win that fight in a home if you're asleep anyways so dont be a clown. LOL @ ar15s being home defense weapons.

Our country is just way way into guns. Its insane really.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-15-2018 01:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
MKJ wrote:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-signs-bill-revoking-obama-era-gun-checks-people-mental-n727221

That seems about right.

lol

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 02-15-2018 02:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so we blame video games again ?

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 02-15-2018 02:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

USA! USA! US... oh

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-15-2018 03:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They are going after the FBI now saying they missed the signs due to Russian investigation work load.

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 02-15-2018 08:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
They are going after the FBI now saying they missed the signs due to Russian investigation work load.

jesus christ

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-16-2018 12:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
They can take their thoughts and prayers and shove them up their asses.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-16-2018 01:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i would say "too soon", but with mass shootings in America, there's really no such thing any more :(

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-16-2018 02:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There were 317 mass shootings last year. That's almost one a day, and we aren't even guaranteed to get Sundays off.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-16-2018 03:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Where’s Gramps’ dumbass at? He’s from that backward hell hole Florida. I’m sure he’ll have some terrific insight on all this...

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-16-2018 03:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He’s probably too busy arming himself with a bigger gun.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-16-2018 03:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
He’s probably too busy arming himself with a bigger gun.

And yelling on twitter about gun rights.

losCHUNK wrote:

[lvlshot]https://i.imgur.com/Y0J5H4x .jpg[/lvlshot]

:olo: :olo:

Sad but true.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-17-2018 06:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

apparently the shooter was

a Trump supporter
    a white supremacist
    a 4channer
    a violent video gamer
    mentally ill
    anything else we need him to be to establish a causality which is consistent with our agenda, whatever that agenda may be

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-17-2018 08:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
i hate to say it, but these days i respond to American school shootings the way i respond to suicide bombs in Baghdad or Kabul: a sigh, then i get on with my day

both have become routine, with apparently no end in sight :|

This :/

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-17-2018 11:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Apparently the FBI and police were tipped off to this kid multiple times over the past year or so because of his disturbing behavior. Legally they weren’t allowed to do anything about it and somehow he could legally buy an assault rifle and a mountain of ammo on his 18th birthday. Great system you have there.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-17-2018 03:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Apparently the FBI and police were tipped off to this kid multiple times over the past year or so because of his disturbing behavior. Legally they weren’t allowed to do anything about it and somehow he could legally buy an assault rifle and a mountain of ammo on his 18th birthday. Great system you have there.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-17-2018 05:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:

FTFY

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 02-17-2018 07:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 02-18-2018 05:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-18-2018 06:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah and that Jack Thompson moron crawled back out from under his rock to give his 2 cents' worth on the matter. That idiot has actually done more to help disprove that games cause violence than anyone else with all his failed lawsuits.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-19-2018 05:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
SOAPboy wrote:

FTFY

Thanks sweetie :)

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-20-2018 03:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Who knew that a war-loving country that makes its business to violently overthrow democratically elected leaders of other countries and replace them with right-wing despots while depriving its own obese and illiterate populace from basic human needs could have such violence and societal problems within its own borders.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.