Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        We live on such a small globe....

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: We live on such a small globe....

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-04-2018 11:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It must be such a small world we live on. I offer supporting evidence below.

I was just preparing dinner tonight, salmon creamy pasta with a side of blanched asparagus with a little bread roll on the side and I noticed the tag on the asparagus :rolleyes: :smirk:

Am I to believe this asparagus traveled all the way across the Pacific Ocean to my table.

That's something like 15,000 klm or 10,000 miles, near halfway around the globe.

Anyone here have a similar story to tell as this really surprised me, fresh vegetables and all?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-05-2018 01:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, they did.
Dig a little deeper. You'll be surprised where all your food comes from.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-05-2018 08:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey breath and asparagus piss... Fuck u moron...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-05-2018 12:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
This post was made by scared? who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Nah, I don't think so..... :arrow: and I feel better for it

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 04-05-2018 10:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've become a massive hippie about this kinda thing. Locally sourced is the way to go, not for health reasons just to reduce the bazillion tons of heavy oil burned shipping salad across the globe.

Trick is, buy veg whenever it's price is dipping, because that indicates it's in season, local, and is gonna taste best.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-06-2018 12:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I shop at the biggest supermarket chain in the Netherlands and they inform you about the country of origin of each fresh product.
But sometimes you don't even need that. For instance, in winter months their green beans come from Egypt instead of the Netherlands and it's so obvious because the quality of Egyptian beans is just shit.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 04-06-2018 12:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In the UK there's an abundance of wild deer, yet half the venison in the supermarkets is from sodding New Zealand :tard:

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 04-06-2018 01:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
In the UK there's an abundance of wild deer, yet half the venison in the supermarkets is from sodding New Zealand :tard:

Even better, it's more expensive here because the export market takes all the output. Same with milk, and honey, and wool, and lumber.

There are some very silly consequences of global markets and cheap fossil fuels...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-06-2018 01:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dutch do the same with tomatoes. Export our own and import others to see locally.

Also, Prosciutto ham in the Netherlands is made from Dutch pigs who get transported to Parma, Italy, where they are slaughtered and then imported back to the Netherlands, all so they can sell it as Prosciutto di Parma. :dork:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.