Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        This time it wasn't a school


Post new topicReply to topic
Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC




Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: This time it wasn't a school

Arrr?
Arrr?
Joined: 09 Feb 2001
Posts: 34575
PostPosted: 04-03-2018 02:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


https://www.vox.com/2018/4/3/17194258/y ... a-shooting


Quote:
A shooter on Tuesday injured multiple people at YouTube’s headquarters in San Bruno, California, according to police.

San Bruno police confirmed an “active shooter, but the shooting is now believed to be over. Police also confirmed at least one person — a woman whom they believe to be the shooter — was dead, and multiple people were injured.


On and on it goes.




Last edited by Transient on 04-03-2018 04:02 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Top
                 

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
Joined: 20 Jul 2001
Posts: 11474
PostPosted: 04-03-2018 03:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


I wonder what the motive was. Jilted lover, sacked employee or just psycho :smirk:

I can't see picture...
Trying a fix :)



Quote mine to see the fix.



_________________
Hit my WWW and make the world spin :D


Top
                 

Arrr?
Arrr?
Joined: 09 Feb 2001
Posts: 34575
PostPosted: 04-03-2018 04:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Thanks!




Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20440
PostPosted: 04-03-2018 05:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Some reports say she shot her boyfriend and then shot herself. Though this doesn't say much for stricter control. California is one of the strictest states in the country. I'm sure this story will disappear quickly. There will be no national march or protesting. Sad indeed.




Top
                 

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
Joined: 20 Jul 2001
Posts: 11474
PostPosted: 04-03-2018 08:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


YourGrandpa wrote:
Some reports say she shot her boyfriend and then shot herself. Though this doesn't say much for stricter control. California is one of the strictest states in the country. I'm sure this story will disappear quickly. There will be no national march or protesting. Sad indeed.


Given that I too am sure the story will disappear quickly :smirk:



_________________
Hit my WWW and make the world spin :D


Top
                 

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
Joined: 10 Dec 1999
Posts: 12133
PostPosted: 04-03-2018 08:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


It's almost like people might think 17 children killed in a school shooting is more concerning then 1 boyfriend shot by an upset girlfriend. :question:




Top
                 

Arrr?
Arrr?
Joined: 09 Feb 2001
Posts: 34575
PostPosted: 04-03-2018 10:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


https://www.engadget.com/2018/04/04/you ... filtering/

Quote:
Tonight San Bruno police identified the shooter at YouTube's HQ as Nasim Aghdam, a 39-year-old woman from San Diego and said there is no evidence she knew the victims or that they were specifically targeted. While the sources have not confirmed a reason behind the attack, now that her name is known we've found a number of videos from her posted on YouTube and other sites saying that she was a vegan athlete and animal rights activist.


LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I can't wait for the news cycle tomorrow.




Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20440
PostPosted: 04-04-2018 04:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


shaft wrote:
It's almost like people might think 17 children killed in a school shooting is more concerning then 1 boyfriend shot by an upset girlfriend. :question:


So mentally disturbed people killing others in gun free zones is only important if it kills multiple targets? Even more important if an AR-15 is used. :tard:




Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20440
PostPosted: 04-04-2018 04:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Transient wrote:
Quote:
Tonight San Bruno police identified the shooter at YouTube's HQ as Nasim Aghdam, a 39-year-old woman from San Diego and said there is no evidence she knew the victims or that they were specifically targeted. While the sources have not confirmed a reason behind the attack, now that her name is known we've found a number of videos from her posted on YouTube and other sites saying that she was a vegan athlete and animal rights activist.


LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I can't wait for the news cycle tomorrow.


Apparently she was upset that her YouTube channel got demonetized. Don't worry there won't be much more news on this.

Fucking nut job...




Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20440
PostPosted: 04-06-2018 06:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


And just like that, it's gone...

Non-white woman, with pistol shoots people in a gun free environment in a heavily regulated gun control state.

Nothing to be seen here when it doesn't fit the agenda.




Top
                 

Cool #9
Cool #9
Joined: 01 Dec 2000
Posts: 42680
PostPosted: 04-06-2018 06:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Just goes to show how normal something like this has become in the US. If anything, this should tell you that the gun problem is much worse than you're thinking.




Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20440
PostPosted: 04-06-2018 06:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


You're naive if you think the media isn't making more out of this because this is somehow "normal". There is nothing normal about this shooting. It doesn't fit the gun control movement's current agenda. That's why the story is gone and no one is talking about it.




Top
                 

Arrr?
Arrr?
Joined: 09 Feb 2001
Posts: 34575
PostPosted: 04-06-2018 09:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


I dunno, i would have thought this would last a little longer in the news cycle. The shooter was a chick, which is a novelty in and of itself, but she also had a foreign name and accent. Not to mention a bunch of YouTube videos to pick apart. :shrug:




Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20440
PostPosted: 04-06-2018 10:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Exactly...

Female mass shooter (rare)
Shooter's motive (rare/strange)
Place of shooting (rare/large popular corporation)

Nothing normal or everyday about this shooting. To make it worse for the agenda driven narrative it happened in California. I guess without an AR-15 it's not a news (agenda) worthy shooting.




Top
                 

Cool #9
Cool #9
Joined: 01 Dec 2000
Posts: 42680
PostPosted: 04-06-2018 11:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Is your point that the attention for the recent school shooting is overdone?




Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20440
PostPosted: 04-06-2018 04:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


My point is, the gun control movement has an agenda and shootings aren't important unless they meet a certain criteria. This bullshit story we keep hearing about preventing the loss of life is just a smoke screen to elicit sympathy. They don't care about gun deaths and they don't care about better regulating the distribution of firearms. I'd go as far as saying they don't even care about "gun control". They want to ban the AR-15 type rifles and that's it.

Why care/focus so much on a tool that is responsible for so little (1% of gun related deaths)? All this attention to something that has such an insignificant impact on mortality seems ridiculous. There's no proof that banning AR-15s is going to save any lives. Certainly not enough to justify penalizing millions of citizens. Banning the AR-15 only serves one true purpose and that's to remove the last substantial layer of resistance between the people and it's government.

They don't want all of the guns or even the guns that cause most deaths. They want the AR-15. :tard:




Top
                 

One Man Army
One Man Army
Joined: 23 Dec 1999
Posts: 10542
PostPosted: 04-06-2018 04:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


This is a weird thread to try make that point. Some lady failing at killing anybody but herself with a pistol vs some kid who mowed down 17 people with an AR-15.




Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20440
PostPosted: 04-06-2018 04:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


So the female mass shooter with ultra strange motive in high profile company is lost on you? Okay...




Top
                 

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
Joined: 02 Mar 2007
Posts: 20355
PostPosted: 04-06-2018 08:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Women suck at killing... :olo: ...




Top
                 

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
Joined: 21 Oct 2003
Posts: 6114
PostPosted: 04-06-2018 11:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


YourGrandpa wrote:
Banning the AR-15 only serves one true purpose and that's to remove the last substantial layer of resistance between the people and it's government.

They don't want all of the guns or even the guns that cause most deaths. They want the AR-15. :tard:


Sorry... What? :olo:

Are you and your gun friends planning some kind of assault rifle fuelled uprising?



_________________
[size=85]


Top
                 

Cool #9
Cool #9
Joined: 01 Dec 2000
Posts: 42680
PostPosted: 04-07-2018 10:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Gramps put on his tinfoil hat this time




Top
                 

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 15666
PostPosted: 04-07-2018 02:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


phantasmagoria wrote:
YourGrandpa wrote:
Banning the AR-15 only serves one true purpose and that's to remove the last substantial layer of resistance between the people and it's government.

They don't want all of the guns or even the guns that cause most deaths. They want the AR-15. :tard:


Sorry... What? :olo:

Are you and your gun friends planning some kind of assault rifle fuelled uprising?



Hes too much of a pussy. Lets be honest.

Its why he has all the guns. Gotta make up for that fear somehow.




Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20440
PostPosted: 04-07-2018 07:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


DOPEboy calling someone a pussy. :olo:




Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20440
PostPosted: 04-07-2018 07:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Eraser wrote:
Gramps put on his tinfoil hat this time


Explain the rational behind the laser beam focus on such an insignificant target.

You might want to stop eating the tinfoil first.




Top
                 

Cool #9
Cool #9
Joined: 01 Dec 2000
Posts: 42680
PostPosted: 04-07-2018 10:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


I'm pretty sure them protesting kids are asking for stricter gun control in general, not just for AR-15's.

Besides, the whole "defend against oppressive governments" argument is such a terribly weak one. And you know it.




Top
                 

Arrr?
Arrr?
Joined: 09 Feb 2001
Posts: 34575
PostPosted: 04-07-2018 11:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


They have drones. You aren't stopping a tyrannical government with an AR.




Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20440
PostPosted: 04-08-2018 07:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Eraser wrote:
I'm pretty sure them protesting kids are asking for stricter gun control in general, not just for AR-15's.

Besides, the whole "defend against oppressive governments" argument is such a terribly weak one. And you know it.


Nobody gives a shit about what those kids are asking for, not even the people funding their movement. They're being used to elicit sympathy and sway opinion. This is completely evident by the present agenda. As they aren't pressing for stricter regulations and better mental health programs. Sure those things have been mentioned. But there haven't been any emergency meetings by congress or local government to fast track that type legislation. They want bump-fire stocks and AR-15 style rifles and no other substantial reason besides "they look scary" is being given.

Nice dodge on the explanation. :rolleyes:




Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20440
PostPosted: 04-08-2018 07:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Transient wrote:
They have drones. You aren't stopping a tyrannical government with an AR.


Well then there's nothing to worry your pretty little naive head about then. If they are no threat to the government, only cause 1% of gun deaths and .000093% of all deaths, every law abiding citizen who wants one should be able to have one.

Glad you agree...




Top
                 

Cool #9
Cool #9
Joined: 01 Dec 2000
Posts: 42680
PostPosted: 04-08-2018 07:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


So who is "they"?
The government? No shit the government isn't doing much. They all have NRA representatives fistdeep up their assholes.




Top
                 

Cool #9
Cool #9
Joined: 01 Dec 2000
Posts: 42680
PostPosted: 04-08-2018 07:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Oh and what about the "oppressive government" argument? How do you see that play out? Especially after the gov't shut down supply transports of ammunition to your local Walmart?




Top
                 

Arrr?
Arrr?
Joined: 09 Feb 2001
Posts: 34575
PostPosted: 04-08-2018 09:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


YourGrandpa wrote:
Nobody gives a shit about what those kids are asking for, not even the people funding their movement.

Who is funding their movement, exactly?




Top
                 

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 15666
PostPosted: 04-08-2018 11:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


YourGrandpa wrote:
DOPEboy calling someone a pussy. :olo:



Remember, I'm actually the one who worked in law enforcement, while you pretend to know anything about it. Big old pussy here. Sure am.

I'm also not the one who needs guns to feel like a man and pretend to protect my home.

:olo: :olo: :olo:



YourGrandpa wrote:
Eraser wrote:
I'm pretty sure them protesting kids are asking for stricter gun control in general, not just for AR-15's.

Besides, the whole "defend against oppressive governments" argument is such a terribly weak one. And you know it.


Nobody gives a shit about what those kids are asking for, not even the people funding their movement. They're being used to elicit sympathy and sway opinion. This is completely evident by the present agenda. As they aren't pressing for stricter regulations and better mental health programs. Sure those things have been mentioned. But there haven't been any emergency meetings by congress or local government to fast track that type legislation. They want bump-fire stocks and AR-15 style rifles and no other substantial reason besides "they look scary" is being given.

Nice dodge on the explanation. :rolleyes:


HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

This post right here, sums you up.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about. EVERYONE with a brain, knows that guns like an AR-15 have no fucking purpose in a civilized world. This isn't about overthrowing or fighting a tyrannical government, You mother fuckers want your toys.

Just admit you want your toys. People wouldn't give you so much shit. But you assholes continue to lie about shit like protecting your home.

I hate to break it to you man. But you'd be dead before you got your AR ready in a home invasion. You'd be asleep, And you'd wake up to Click, Clack, Blam. Why? Because by the time your stupid ass wakes up, grabs it, and actually aims, You're dead by anyone who realizes you may be armed. I'm also guessing you advertise your guns in one way or another.

You have no fuckin idea. None. Shit happens so fast the only thing you MIGHT be able to react with is a pistol. Period. That throws the AR out as home defense.

When you've been through a home invasion, a no knock raid or two, etc. Come talk to me old man. You live a sheltered hillbilly lifestyle and think you know shit. You have no idea. Your AR isnt a home defense weapon, Its a toy. Just admit that and move on when they ban your toy.

If I'm entirely wrong, and you arent using the home defense argument. What one are you using? Any reason you couldn't just have it locked up at a gun range and use it there only? Why does it need to be always accessible in your home?

Lots of ways to skin a cat. Just gotta actually care about people other than yourself and your toys.


Transient wrote:
YourGrandpa wrote:
Nobody gives a shit about what those kids are asking for, not even the people funding their movement.

Who is funding their movement, exactly?



DEM GARD DAMN LEFTIST HOLLYWOOD TYPES RUININ MERICA


He also ignored the fact that most people who are against AR-15s (And every other assault rifle or SMG thats been "de-pinned" and "easily" put back to full auto) dont say its because its scary. Everyone at some point talks about the EASE of getting one, Then murdering dozens of people so easily. Its a TOOL designed to KILL HUMANS. It wasnt designed to hunt fucking deer.

Hes just a moron. Who wants his toys to not get taken away.
I mean, I get why hes scared. If they mental health check him, hes fucked.




Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20440
PostPosted: 04-08-2018 11:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Eraser wrote:
Oh and what about the "oppressive government" argument? How do you see that play out? Especially after the gov't shut down supply transports of ammunition to your local Walmart?



Dodge and weave, dodge and weave... Listen I understand you can't explain it without agreeing with me. It otherwise makes no sense.

BTW, there are plenty of Americans sitting on thousands of rounds of ammo.




Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20440
PostPosted: 04-08-2018 11:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Transient wrote:
YourGrandpa wrote:
Nobody gives a shit about what those kids are asking for, not even the people funding their movement.

Who is funding their movement, exactly?


Who EXACTLY picked the vegetables eat? Who EXACTLY built the car you drive? Do I have to know "exactly" who's funding it to know its happening?




Top
                 

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
Joined: 16 Apr 2000
Posts: 20440
PostPosted: 04-08-2018 12:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


SOAPboy wrote:
Remember, I'm actually the one who worked in law enforcement, while you pretend to know anything about it. Big old pussy here. Sure am.

I'm also not the one who needs guns to feel like a man and pretend to protect my home.

:olo: :olo: :olo:


Who's pretending? I know one thing for sure. You would have a different approach to this conversation in my presence, pussy.



SOAPboy wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

This post right here, sums you up.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about. EVERYONE with a brain, knows that guns like an AR-15 have no fucking purpose in a civilized world. This isn't about overthrowing or fighting a tyrannical government, You mother fuckers want your toys.

Just admit you want your toys. People wouldn't give you so much shit. But you assholes continue to lie about shit like protecting your home.

I hate to break it to you man. But you'd be dead before you got your AR ready in a home invasion. You'd be asleep, And you'd wake up to Click, Clack, Blam. Why? Because by the time your stupid ass wakes up, grabs it, and actually aims, You're dead by anyone who realizes you may be armed. I'm also guessing you advertise your guns in one way or another.

You have no fuckin idea. None. Shit happens so fast the only thing you MIGHT be able to react with is a pistol. Period. That throws the AR out as home defense.

When you've been through a home invasion, a no knock raid or two, etc. Come talk to me old man. You live a sheltered hillbilly lifestyle and think you know shit. You have no idea. Your AR isnt a home defense weapon, Its a toy. Just admit that and move on when they ban your toy.

If I'm entirely wrong, and you arent using the home defense argument. What one are you using? Any reason you couldn't just have it locked up at a gun range and use it there only? Why does it need to be always accessible in your home?

Lots of ways to skin a cat. Just gotta actually care about people other than yourself and your toys.


Your childish rant speaks volumes about what you actually know (which isn't shit). Almost no one would choose an AR-15 for home or self defense. Most would choose a shot gun or compact 45. But you're welcome to come by my home any time and test out your home invasion theory, pussy.

SOAPboy wrote:
DEM GARD DAMN LEFTIST HOLLYWOOD TYPES RUININ MERICA


He also ignored the fact that most people who are against AR-15s (And every other assault rifle or SMG thats been "de-pinned" and "easily" put back to full auto) dont say its because its scary. Everyone at some point talks about the EASE of getting one, Then murdering dozens of people so easily. Its a TOOL designed to KILL HUMANS. It wasnt designed to hunt fucking deer.

Hes just a moron. Who wants his toys to not get taken away.
I mean, I get why hes scared. If they mental health check him, hes fucked.


Why aren't AR-15s killing more people if they are so dangerous? ONLY 1% OF GUN DEATHS. Eh, never mind.




Top
                 
Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion


Post new topic Reply to topic


cron
Quake3World.com
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group